• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Stature

NP Monday August 13, 2018

23 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

What happens when the "Good Guys" attack the "Fake Bad Guys" with real force because they don't know that the fake baddies are fake?

I thought all the fighting in this game was done through Grace-a-Monsters? *scratches head*

51 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

I thought all the fighting in this game was done through Grace-a-Monsters? *scratches head*

It's probably good that Diane stated their true purpose then, I would imagine that in other instances, they would battle with their Graces, and when the player-trainer won, they'd make a comically hasty retreat. But in this case Justin might have thrown all that out the window.

Good save, Diane.

Oh, believable motivation for Diane.

11 hours ago, The Old Hack said:
11 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

What happens when the "Good Guys" attack the "Fake Bad Guys" with real force because they don't know that the fake baddies are fake?

Which, BTW, is pretty convincing proof that the "bad guys" don't mean it seriously. I mean, real bad guys don't play by rules, and the game battles are FULL of rules, so unless they are enforced by physical laws as in other RPGs ...

... it's the anime which doesn't make sense, because in anime physical laws seem to work normally. Relatively.

10 hours ago, Scotty said:

It's probably good that Diane stated their true purpose then, I would imagine that in other instances, they would battle with their Graces, and when the player-trainer won, they'd make a comically hasty retreat. But in this case Justin might have thrown all that out the window.

Good save, Diane.

Yes. Sarah totally missed the clue. Justin is ready for fight, Gracemander is ready for fight and she doesn't even have Grace out - who do she think they would attack? Obviously her.

7 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Which, BTW, is pretty convincing proof that the "bad guys" don't mean it seriously. I mean, real bad guys don't play by rules, and the game battles are FULL of rules, so unless they are enforced by physical laws as in other RPGs ...

... it's the anime which doesn't make sense, because in anime physical laws seem to work normally. Relatively.

In the anime characters have been seen to resort to other means of violence--for example, in a scene deleted in the English-language version, James (the male out of the usual Team Rocket group) brandishes a handgun during a confrontation with the protagonists. On the other hand, it appears that within the Pokemon universe, it is usually easier for people (criminals included) to get their hands on Pokemon than to acquire comparably-destructive firearms, artillery, or explosives. Who needs a gun when you have a living, obedient flamethrower (or water cannon, or what-have-you) at your command?

31 minutes ago, ijuin said:
8 hours ago, hkmaly said:

In the anime characters have been seen to resort to other means of violence--for example, in a scene deleted in the English-language version, James (the male out of the usual Team Rocket group) brandishes a handgun during a confrontation with the protagonists.

ONCE.

Also, you know, James is supposed to be small fish. Giovanni the team leader is the evil mastermind behind creating of Mewtwo. He never seem to use anything else than pokemons in his evil ways ... AND he uses Mewtwo for BATTLES in gym. He could easily use him for world domination.

40 minutes ago, ijuin said:

On the other hand, it appears that within the Pokemon universe, it is usually easier for people (criminals included) to get their hands on Pokemon than to acquire comparably-destructive firearms, artillery, or explosives. Who needs a gun when you have a living, obedient flamethrower (or water cannon, or what-have-you) at your command?

Ash doesn't seem to be only one who can survive deadly-looking pokemon attacks. The gun was supposed to be more effective, although I also question why.

There is also unexpectedly low amount of property damage.

14 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

Let us all pray sincerely to whatever powers we believe in that Jack Snyder will never be pegged to direct a Pokémon movie.

Let us all pray sincerely to whatever powers we believe in that Jack Snyder there will never be pegged to direct another Pokémon movie.

Just now, The Old Hack said:

Let us all pray sincerely to whatever powers we believe in that Jack Snyder will never be pegged to direct a Pokémon movie.

Or Michael Bay, or Quentin Tarantino.

Jeeze, a Quentin Tarantino Pokemon movie?

5 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Let us all pray sincerely to whatever powers we believe in that Jack Snyder there will never be pegged to direct another Pokémon movie.

Were you aware they've been pumping out at least one a year for the past twenty years? I don't think they're going to stop anytime soon.

(Not that I've seen them all - the last one my sister bothered getting a copy of was the fourth one, and if it wasn't for watching them with her I probably would have stopped with the first or second.)

Edited by ChronosCat
Decided to reduce the level of snark.

11 hours ago, The Old Hack said:
14 hours ago, hkmaly said:

There is also unexpectedly low amount of property damage.

Darkness beyond twilight
Crimson beyond blood that flows
Buried in the flow of time ....

... on second though, maybe this wouldn't be the best deity to pray for LOW amount of property damage.

8 hours ago, ChronosCat said:
11 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Were you aware they've been pumping out at least one a year for the past twenty years? I don't think they're going to stop anytime soon.

(Not that I've seen them all - the last one my sister bothered getting a copy of was the fourth one, and if it wasn't for watching them with her I probably would have stopped with the first or second.)

Wikipedie says 21. Unbelievable that they still have something new to film about - oh wait no they don't.