• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
partner555

Main Wed Aug 22 2018

Lucy has lots to be a negative Nancy for. Clearly Diane is very important to Lucy, and think the the last time they actually communicated in canon Lucy really was really feeling threatened by Diane's actually looking for a relationship with Elliot. That was years ago in our world, but, story time, maybe less than two weeks ago.

Also, when did Rhoda's hair get so long? I mean, with her growth and shrinking magic, she could probably make it as long or short as she wants now, but hair getting like a foot longer in a week or two might attract some attention.

Rhoda easily had the 2 and 2. But what is the 4? 

Arm warmers? The 80s is on Dan's speed dial? However, I shall allow it as long as it matches one of the clothing, or even the lipstick. :demonicduck:

1 hour ago, partner555 said:

Once again, Lucy is a negative Nancy.

Negative Nancy or Downer Debbie?

I though we will get more than one page of Diane's history ... or will we get flashback every other page or something?

15 minutes ago, Stature said:

Rhoda easily had the 2 and 2. But what is the 4? 

26 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Lucy has lots to be a negative Nancy for. Clearly Diane is very important to Lucy, and think the the last time they actually communicated in canon Lucy really was really feeling threatened by Diane's actually looking for a relationship with Elliot. That was years ago in our world, but, story time, maybe less than two weeks ago.

I suspect she will assume this is because of some boy.

26 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Also, when did Rhoda's hair get so long? I mean, with her growth and shrinking magic, she could probably make it as long or short as she wants now, but hair getting like a foot longer in a week or two might attract some attention.

She even has camouflage spell. However, people MIGHT assume the hair looks longer because it's straighter or something.

16 minutes ago, Stature said:

Arm warmers?

Wonder Woman also has them - granted, her are armor, but it MIGHT still be the look Diane is trying for?

About commentary: Actually, Ellen's reaction to Nanase's haircut was sort of similar to Kitty Pryde's one ...

Size: Uh ... what is the deal with tall panels? Like, if it's supposed to fit on screen on height, it still doesn't fit MY screen. I have more than 70 pixels of menus, toolbars and stuff.

I love how Diane's comforted by Rhoda's approval, Lucy's....not so much.

5 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

It could be that, but it's possible they only because friends because they shared many of the same interests. And now they have less in common and Lucy's refusal to accept it will probably be the end of the friendship.

It would probably be even worse if they run into Adrian and Diane isn't her usual rebellious self, though she might have have dropped the act when senior year started, I dunno, still Diane probably isn't willing to reveal that Adrian's her father (Though I would be pleasantly surprised if she did) so a noticeable change in behaviour around him would probably irk Lucy as well.

6 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Yeah it was shorter when we saw her with Catalina during Elliot and Ashley's first date which was a week ago in comic. My only guess is she used magic and the change blindness is strong. Maybe she gradually made it longer over the past week.

5 hours ago, hkmaly said:

About commentary: Actually, Ellen's reaction to Nanase's haircut was sort of similar to Kitty Pryde's one ...

Yeah, I'm filing Lucy's reaction as more negative than Ellen's. Ellen felt like she was left out of the decision making process. Lucy probably thinks Diane's going soft.

Just now, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:
Just now, mlooney said:

My question is what is Rhoda's idea that triggered in the last panel.

Shopping.

This is how the conversation gets turned to the melee at the mall.

Yeah, Rhoda could be thinking "was she at the mall Friday when the crazy stuff happened?" I don't think she knew that Diane was meeting Susan, so she probably wouldn't think Diane was directly involved with anything.

28 minutes ago, Scotty said:
6 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Yeah it was shorter when we saw her with Catalina during Elliot and Ashley's first date which was a week ago in comic. My only guess is she used magic and the change blindness is strong. Maybe she gradually made it longer over the past week.

I tweeted Dan about it:

5 hours ago, weirdee said:

Have all the bisexual haircut jokes been made yet?

What bisexual haircut jokes? In fact, how is hairstyle and sexuality related?

6 minutes ago, partner555 said:

Well, I knew there's a stereotype that lesbians have short "butch" haircuts, but I don't know what the stereotype is for bi women.

2 hours ago, partner555 said:

2 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

Well, I knew there's a stereotype that lesbians have short "butch" haircuts, but I don't know what the stereotype is for bi women.

There's a particular haircut - which isn't Diane's at all - that's become memetically known as the "bisexual haircut," after a Tumblr (I think Tumblr) conversation that noted it was sported by Korra in the fourth season (when she starts dating Asami), Marceline in a flashback to when she was still "friends with" Princess Bubblegum, and the player character of a game called Life Is Strange, a quasi-visual-novel that centers on a bizarrely coded (for an M-rated game from 2013) relationship between two women.  I can't remember if the last one was ever involved with a guy, but the whole thing became a meme anyway.

EDIT: Actually, going back and looking at Korra, you might make a case for Diane's haircut, although I think the "bisexual haircut" usually has more volume.

2 hours ago, WR...S said:

Actually, going back and looking at Korra, you might make a case for Diane's haircut, although I think the "bisexual haircut" usually has more volume.

"Do not make a hair joke... Do not make a hair joke..." :demonicduck:

If she DOES have a fling, it, to us, is more of a surprise, considering her visible timeline.

On 8/22/2018 at 3:28 AM, hkmaly said:

Size: Uh ... what is the deal with tall panels? Like, if it's supposed to fit on screen on height, it still doesn't fit MY screen. I have more than 70 pixels of menus, toolbars and stuff.

Yeah, the entire comic hasn't fit on my screen at once for a decade or so, since the switch to vertically orientated comics.

On 8/22/2018 at 2:54 AM, Tom Sewell said:

Shortly before Goonmanji 2? It wouldn't be the first time non-canon events influenced canon ones (Grace's squirrel plushie comes to mind as an example).

I'm guessing Dan either decided he didn't want to wait to introduce her new hair style to the canon comics, or he forgot that her hair wasn't that long the last time we saw her in canon.

EDIT: Oops, I forgot! Yay for starburst background in panels 1 & 4!

Edited by ChronosCat

8 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

Shortly before Goonmanji 2? It wouldn't be the first time non-canon events influenced canon ones (Grace's squirrel plushie comes to mind as an example).

I'm guessing Dan either decided he didn't want to wait to introduce her new hair style to the canon comics, or he forgot that her hair wasn't that long the last time we saw her in canon.

Lucy's hairstyle was also due to Dan forgetting what it originally was, though that mistake was made during a non canon one off comic, it then evolved to what it is now in Goonmanji 2 which is also non canon, but the change in canon could also be accounted for the fact that 3 weeks had passed and she could have easily went out a restyled her hair in that time. Also one could argue that the last time we saw Lucy at New Years we were only seeing an IM avatar which could be base on a picture she took of herself days, weeks, or even months earlier and we know that Justin and Susan were using avatars that are implied to have been selected around Halloween, one might be lead to believe that Diane also had her's set for a while.

So anyway, while Dan isn't explaining or fixing Rhoda's hair anytime soon, he didn't object to my theory either so, change blindness play headcanon it is. ;)

4 hours ago, Scotty said:

So anyway, while Dan isn't explaining or fixing Rhoda's hair anytime soon, he didn't object to my theory either so, change blindness play headcanon it is. ;)

I think it started with her playing with her hair and forgetting how long were before. However, after several tries when noone noticed, she MIGHT decided to play with it deliberately ...