• Announcements

    • Robin

      Welcome!   03/05/2016

      Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
The Old Hack

Story Friday August 24, 2018

Recommended Posts

I didn't forget how Susan turned blonde in the Mall Mele (I tried to combine the words, but Mali is already a country).

What surprised me is that I didn't even consider, at the time, that a witness watching the fight might confuse blonde Susan for Diane.

It would be like if Superman was wearing glasses when he had to fight some monster, and people confused him with Clark Kent.

Of course, Diane might be able to derail the conversation by bringing up the fact she is related to Mr Raven.  But I'm pretty sure neither one of them is ready to allow those felines egress from the soft sided luggage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

I didn't forget how Susan turned blonde in the Mall Mele (I tried to combine the words, but Mali is already a country).

What surprised me is that I didn't even consider, at the time, that a witness watching the fight might confuse blonde Susan for Diane.

I think I did consider it at that time, only to forget about this aspect later.

I wonder if "It wasn't me but you might not be only one who would think so, therefore haircut" wouldn't be good excuse.

Note: Making her blue and ten feet tall wouldn't likely help - oh wait, blue HAIR and just 6 feet - but if Rhoda told her she has magic in advance, she might save money on that haircut.

(Who IS Kyomaru?)

26 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

It would be like if Superman was wearing glasses when he had to fight some monster, and people confused him with Clark Kent.

Spoiler: Superman IS Clark Kent. :)

26 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Of course, Diane might be able to derail the conversation by bringing up the fact she is related to Mr Raven.  But I'm pretty sure neither one of them is ready to allow those felines egress from the soft sided luggage.

By "neither" you mean Adrian Raven, Diane, Susan, Rhoda, Lucy or all of them?

You think her new haircut is related to fact she now knows she's related to fairies? That would be little different haircut wouldn't it?

BTW Lucy has weird ideas about what "dress like a nun" means. I suppose she's one of those who complain being cold in winter while having nothing on legs from ankles to half of thigh ... wait. Actually she may have pretty high boots.

Although it is true the difference to Diane's previous clothes is quite big.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great. Rhoda thinks Diane's trying to avoid attention, and Lucy has a problem with long sleeve shirts. For some reason....

3 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Of course, Diane might be able to derail the conversation by bringing up the fact she is related to Mr Raven.

Uh..... Hey, is that a Demonic Duck of some sort?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, now I'm not sure id Lucy's just been razzing Diane this whole time or if she really does have a problem with Diane changing her look.

 

I guess now would be a good time to find out Diane has magic though...

Diane: "It really wasn't me! I wouldn't know the first thing about magic magic glowing swords appear!"

::Hold out her hands for emphasis, sword suddenly appears::

Diane: "Uhh.....what!?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Scotty said:

OK, now I'm not sure id Lucy's just been razzing Diane this whole time or if she really does have a problem with Diane changing her look.

 

I guess now would be a good time to find out Diane has magic though...

Diane: "It really wasn't me! I wouldn't know the first thing about magic magic glowing swords appear!"

::Hold out her hands for emphasis, sword suddenly appears::

Diane: "Uhh.....what!?"

Given Lucy's Xena fixation, that would make Lucy very jealous.

Of course Xena's weapon of choice wasn't a sword, so there is that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Given Lucy's Xena fixation, that would make Lucy very jealous.

Of course Xena's weapon of choice wasn't a sword, so there is that.

It's funny because Dan stated in the New Years IM exchange, that he didn't know much about Xena, but he at least knows enough to suggest that he probably named Lucy after Lucy Lawless, the actress who played Xena.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am I the only one who suspects Rhoda has been increasing the size of Lucy's breasts incrementally such that she won't notice?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is such a move than Nanase did before, sans boots. Also, define "cold". Then again, I would see people wearing jackets at 27º/28ºC (80º/82ºF) weather.

Not much of a nun, but the hair feels like a pharaoh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Stature said:

Not much of a nun, but the hair feels like a pharaoh.

I mentioned before that I think it looks like something an android (or gynoid, rather) would wear.

Dan implied somewhere (either a commentary or a tweet) that it's based on a hair style commonly worn by Romulans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Diane's hair also looks a little like Tiffany's in Luann, at least to me. Perhaps there's a point to having a hairstyle that makes the tips of Diane's ears prominent, especially if her ears get pointy later on. Incidentally, way back in the early days, someone told Susan she had Vulcan ears. 

I don't think Rhoda would enlarge Lucy's breasts unless Lucy asked her. It's been a long weekend, and Lucy might know that Rhoda has magic now. BTW, does Lucy have an even more buff build now to go along with the fortified breastworks?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Stature said:

Then again, I would see people wearing jackets at 27º/28ºC (80º/82ºF) weather.

A few years back I would occasionally see an older woman riding around on a lawn tractor cutting the grass and she'd be all bundled up as if it was -20C outside but in reality it was closer to 40C with humidity factored in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In Korea, people dress for the time of year rather than the weather.

If it's September 30 and 55 degrees, short sleeves are still the norm. The next day could be exactly the same and everyone has a jacket. March 31 and 78 degrees? Long sleeves, man. Next day same? Break out the T-shirts! Deviation from this will get you bewildered looks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Scotty said:

OK, now I'm not sure id Lucy's just been razzing Diane this whole time or if she really does have a problem with Diane changing her look.

My take is that she's actually afraid Diane will disband the group.

18 hours ago, Scotty said:

I guess now would be a good time to find out Diane has magic though...

Diane: "It really wasn't me! I wouldn't know the first thing about magic magic glowing swords appear!"

::Hold out her hands for emphasis, sword suddenly appears::

Diane: "Uhh.....what!?"

We KNOW she's nowhere near awakening and after Pandora's reset noone probably though about marking her. Hopefully they will remember later, however it's unlikely they do it without telling her like Pandora used to. (And I don't think Pandora herself would mark her that last day and not tell her.)

18 hours ago, Scotty said:

It's funny because Dan stated in the New Years IM exchange, that he didn't know much about Xena, but he at least knows enough to suggest that he probably named Lucy after Lucy Lawless, the actress who played Xena.

Unless it was other way ... that he decided she will like Xena because she was named Lucy.

18 hours ago, mlooney said:

Of course Xena's weapon of choice wasn't a sword, so there is that.

Xena's weapon of choice WAS sword, but she only have ordinary one, while her chakram is obviously magical.

17 hours ago, Stature said:

It is such a move than Nanase did before, sans boots.

... we didn't saw what she has on foot yet ...

16 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

Dan implied somewhere (either a commentary or a tweet) that it's based on a hair style commonly worn by Romulans.

Tweet. Although it might be something he realized afterwards and not primary reason.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, hkmaly said:

We KNOW she's nowhere near awakening and after Pandora's reset noone probably though about marking her. Hopefully they will remember later, however it's unlikely they do it without telling her like Pandora used to. (And I don't think Pandora herself would mark her that last day and not tell her.)

True, but with Magic opened up, it might become easier for those with innate talents to get a spell based on that, Diane is also the daughter of an Elf and getting spells and awakening quicker might be among whatever perks if there are any.

Just now, hkmaly said:

Tweet. Although it might be something he realized afterwards and not primary reason.

Dan might be joking there, but I think it makes a lot of sense in portraying the similarities and differences between Diane and Susan. Susan's childhood lead her to think logically and suppressed her emotions (which probably started breaking through just before Grace's Birthday). Diane though had a much different childhood and her emotions played a big role in her actions. Diane is pretty much the Romulan to Susan's Vulcan, it's good that Susan is more like Spock though or else this wouldn't have happened.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Scotty said:

A few years back I would occasionally see an older woman riding around on a lawn tractor cutting the grass and she'd be all bundled up as if it was -20C outside but in reality it was closer to 40C with humidity factored in.

Mark Twain famously said once that the coldest winter he ever spent was a summer in San Francisco. It's August in San Jose now and I'm cold enough to be wearing an insulated jacket and a knit cap indoors. Now some of that has to do with being 67, but Mr. Twain had a point. I was freezing in a San Francisco summer when I was twenty.

Where do you live Nome? Norway? Are there a lot of polar bears or penguins around? Reindeer? Elves?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tom Sewell said:

Where do you live Nome? Norway? Are there a lot of polar bears or penguins around? Reindeer? Elves?

I'm in southwestern ontario, the great lakes tend to make summers really hot and humid, and the winters can be pretty cold too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Scotty said:
15 hours ago, hkmaly said:

We KNOW she's nowhere near awakening and after Pandora's reset noone probably though about marking her. Hopefully they will remember later, however it's unlikely they do it without telling her like Pandora used to. (And I don't think Pandora herself would mark her that last day and not tell her.)

True, but with Magic opened up, it might become easier for those with innate talents to get a spell based on that, Diane is also the daughter of an Elf and getting spells and awakening quicker might be among whatever perks if there are any.

Even with some unknown perks, she did NOTHING to get magic. Like, even if she would have it ten times easier it wouldn't help unless she actually starts some training.

That "casting spell without knowing you can cast any spell" can almost certainly only happen in SINGLE case - when you are marked without knowing that. Well, and technically during ASMA training you don't know it's spell but you know you can do something.

10 hours ago, Scotty said:
15 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Tweet. Although it might be something he realized afterwards and not primary reason.

Dan might be joking there, but I think it makes a lot of sense in portraying the similarities and differences between Diane and Susan. Susan's childhood lead her to think logically and suppressed her emotions (which probably started breaking through just before Grace's Birthday). Diane though had a much different childhood and her emotions played a big role in her actions. Diane is pretty much the Romulan to Susan's Vulcan, it's good that Susan is more like Spock though or else this wouldn't have happened.

Yes. Susan followed Surak's teaching. Diane is marching beneath the Raptor's wings.

6 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Norway? Are there a lot of polar bears or penguins around? Reindeer? Elves?

You know why penguins don't fear polar bears? Because neither will cross the equator.

Meanwhile, elves ...

Quote

Elves are wonderful. They provoke wonder.
Elves are marvellous. They cause marvels.
Elves are fantastic. They create fantasies.
Elves are glamorous. They project glamour.
Elves are enchanting. They weave enchantment.
Elves are terrific. They beget terror.
The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
No one ever said elves are nice.
Elves are bad.

Santa may keep them working but I'm sure anyone getting near their base will be shot and made regretting to not die.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now