• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Scotty

Story, Monday September 3, 2018

I have to stop reading the author's notes.

Cheerleaders wear their uniforms during classes on those days when there's a pep rally. It's how you know there will be a pep rally. Why there are pep rallies? That I can't tell you. The athletes (and cheerleaders) never cared about my after school activities. Why should I have cared about theirs? 

Oh, yeah, there was a comic: self-awareness seems to be a problem for both Diane and Susan. Perhaps it's hereditary. :)

2 hours ago, partner555 said:

I think there's a rift between Diane and Lucy now, if there wasn't one before.

See my previous comment about Lucy and barely hiden contempt of Diane.  Not even barely hiden now.

2 hours ago, mlooney said:

See my previous comment about Lucy and barely hiden contempt of Diane.  Not even barely hiden now.

And I fear Diane is going to experience what I experienced from that kid with a board with a nail through it. If she thinks the rumors hurt THIS will be the dagger in the heart.

This is what I call, "forgot to check if there is an inside job". Or possibly, Diane must actually be easy-going. Golly be, it has to be so.

Also, did Gracemander take over the speech balloons? :demonicduck:

6 hours ago, partner555 said:

I think there's a rift between Diane and Lucy now, if there wasn't one before.

There was a rift when Diane got in touch with Lucy on New Year's Eve. The real shocker of the last two comics is that Lucy is showing affection for Rhoda for the very first time.

Lucy had a high opinion of Diane and, for several years, behaved in ways that she thought would gain Diane's approval.

Now Lucy discovers that Diane was not unconcerned about the opinions of others, she was simply unaware.  Furthermore, now that Diane is aware of what others have said about her, she is concerned about their opinions.

Diane's tough exterior turned out to be a thin veneer that can be chipped away.  And what Lucy is seeing under that veneer is not the stuff of legend.

I'm not surprised Lucy is surprised that Diane was surprised that they were looked down on, after all I was surprised that Diane was surprised too. I am however surprised Lucy is so upset by the surprise. Clearly this is a very personal matter to Lucy; it shall be interesting to see why.

At any rate, yay for... um... jagged... angled... pseudo speed lines... of drama... backgrounds in panels five and six!

11 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

There was a rift when Diane got in touch with Lucy on New Year's Eve. The real shocker of the last two comics is that Lucy is showing affection for Rhoda for the very first time.

There was this moment as well, Lucy questioned Diane's Sherlock routine, but Diane didn't take her guff. Lucy probably got used to seeing this from Diane and assumed that she was just ignoring the rumors as Lucy was.

I guess this could have all been avoided if Lucy had at least mentioned something at some point, like "Ugh, can you believe these boys? Claiming they've scored with us after we dump them. As if...."