• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Scotty

NP, Friday October 28, 2016

http://www.egscomics.com/egsnp.php?id=531

By golly, it worked! Yay for determination!

Boo for no nudity!

Actually....could Pandora have been responsible for this? She is watching, she might have given Rhoda a hand by shrinking the clothes while Rhoda shrank Catalina, but that doesn't go well with the hijinks that Pandora didn't expect.

Having Rhoda do that all herself would definitely fit the unexpected hijinks.

Operation Itty Bitty Kitty appears to be successful....now where to hide her? :)

I wonder if Dan will address the fact that it will be really hard to hear Catalina now - her voice should be pretty quiet with miniature lungs and voicebox.  Unless, you know, magic.

1 hour ago, Circe said:

Operation Itty Bitty Kitty appears to be successful....now where to hide her? :)

I wonder if Dan will address the fact that it will be really hard to hear Catalina now - her voice should be pretty quiet with miniature lungs and voicebox.  Unless, you know, magic.

Tiny little frogs can be heard a quarter of a mile away, so there has to be some way to do it.

34 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

You're right, Gracelyn and Cheerleadra 2.0 are just as good examples. The examples which wouldn't be as good would be the "trying to stay correct height" ones, because that was just failure to imagine it properly, while we are looking for examples of thoughts which were not supposed to be part of concentration on the spell ending up influencing it.

In Rhoda's case here, while Dan had stated that her thinking about "It will be mutual" didn't have a chance of shrinking them both, I wonder if the thought still helped Rhoda shrink both Catalina and her clothes. Like if Rhoda just tried to focus on both as separate entities that she wanted to shrink simultaneously, the chances of not getting it right would be high, but having one focusing thought "It will be mutual" kept her mind from overthinking what needed to be done.

I do have to wonder though, how would Rhoda shrink or grow herself? Would she have to hold her hand over her head, or can she just will herself to a different size the same way Elliot does morphs? If it was the latter, the maybe there still was a chance of the "It will be mutual" though causing them both to shrink, but that's probably more of a stretch, but then again Dan's commentary suggests that Rhoda isn't completely immune to "sabotage" with her spell, so that leaves it open to interpretation.

2 minutes ago, Stature said:

I can only say that it is a success when they get out of the mall as she stays in that size.

I think it's safe to say that their escape will be successful, it's just that they route they took had the highest chance of failure, It's like Rhoda's initial plan of "just act normal and walk out" had the success threshold of 4 on the D20, and Catalina's plan needed a nat 20 to succeed, and they got it.

5 hours ago, Scotty said:

Boo for no nudity!

Yes :)

Apparently, she even managed to make the clothes shrink in EXACTLY same ratio.

Although, while surprising, I still expect more hijinks.

5 hours ago, Scotty said:

Actually....could Pandora have been responsible for this? She is watching, she might have given Rhoda a hand by shrinking the clothes while Rhoda shrank Catalina, but that doesn't go well with the hijinks that Pandora didn't expect.

Does it look like empowering or guiding to you? I don't think Pandora would be ABLE to help. Not speaking about her wanting to just observe and be surprised.

3 hours ago, Haylo said:

Tiny little frogs can be heard a quarter of a mile away, so there has to be some way to do it.

I'm not sure how far crickets can be heard, but given their size it's going to be notable as well.

55 minutes ago, Scotty said:

I do have to wonder though, how would Rhoda shrink or grow herself? Would she have to hold her hand over her head, or can she just will herself to a different size the same way Elliot does morphs?

Why head? She can point to her chest, for example. In fact, this "palm-based" targeting is pretty inaccurate and has potential for hijinks.

I think she would eventually be able to just will something to shrink, but doesn't have experience for it yet, which includes herself.

32 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Why head? She can point to her chest, for example. In fact, this "palm-based" targeting is pretty inaccurate and has potential for hijinks.

I think she would eventually be able to just will something to shrink, but doesn't have experience for it yet, which includes herself.

Head was just one example that just came to mind when thinking about the question, though I do hope that aiming her palm at her foot never just affects the foot. ;)

Though that brings us the next question, how did she return to normal size after the cookie incident? Did she aim her palm at herself, will herself to normal size, or wait out the duration?

38 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Does it look like empowering or guiding to you? I don't think Pandora would be ABLE to help. Not speaking about her wanting to just observe and be surprised.

Considering Voltaire was pumping extra power into Dex to allow him to summon bigger things. There is a possibility of Pandora giving Rhoda a bit of a boost. I'm not saying that's what happened, but there is that faint "what if?", and yes, Voltaire used the pendant to channel extra power into Dex and have no confirmation if Voltaire was with Dex, or working from another location (the voices Dex heard could have come through the pendant as well), that may not be required for Pandora who's likely more powerful and literally watching over Rhoda's shoulder.

45 minutes ago, Scotty said:
1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

Head was just one example that just came to mind when thinking about the question, though I do hope that aiming her palm at her foot never just affects the foot. ;)

But, aiming her palm to her chest when checking growing ... :)

46 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Though that brings us the next question, how did she return to normal size after the cookie incident? Did she aim her palm at herself, will herself to normal size, or wait out the duration?

We have confirmed she can do A and C. She may not be able to do B. We also don't know what is the duration and therefore how practical would be to wait it out.

47 minutes ago, Scotty said:
1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

Considering Voltaire was pumping extra power into Dex to allow him to summon bigger things. There is a possibility of Pandora giving Rhoda a bit of a boost.

Energy boost wouldn't enable multitargeting.

On the other hand ... PEOPLE are protected by the laws. It's possible that there is no similar protection of clothing and she can affect it without conditions :)

50 minutes ago, Scotty said:

and literally watching over Rhoda's shoulder

Not true. She seems perpendicular to them, not behind any of them. Even if she would stay on same space when Catalina moved (or did Rhoda moved?) she would still not be behind Rhoda.

So Catalina is now Barbie-doll sized. She's still too big to hide in any pocket, and Rhoda doesn't seem to have a purse. So I guess Rhoda will have to carry her like she is a doll.

I remember a similar strategem in Midori no Hibi where the illusion was spoiled when the "doll" sneezed...

Just now, hkmaly said:

On the other hand ... PEOPLE are protected by the laws. It's possible that there is no similar protection of clothing and she can affect it without conditions :)

Not necessarily multitargeting, but encompassing, or rather, maybe more like how Amanda's shrink soda was supposed to work, and ended up working.

Just now, Tom Sewell said:

So Catalina is now Barbie-doll sized. She's still too big to hide in any pocket, and Rhoda doesn't seem to have a purse. So I guess Rhoda will have to carry her like she is a doll.

I remember a similar strategem in Midori no Hibi where the illusion was spoiled when the "doll" sneezed...

There's still the cleavage.

Though.....considering what Rhoda was thinking about as she was casting the spell. That may not be likely anymore.

There might still be a suitable pocket inside Rhoda's jacket for her.

22 minutes ago, Scotty said:
1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

Not necessarily multitargeting, but encompassing, or rather, maybe more like how Amanda's shrink soda was supposed to work, and ended up working.

Hmmmm ... I would argue that if Rhoda is not capable of encompassing, pumping more energy into her wouldn't solve that, but when I compare with Dex ...

... so, yes. Encompassing seem to be "advanced level" of her spell, which she can either do now because she was training and because the determination, or it can be done by pumping her with energy.

32 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

and Rhoda doesn't seem to have a purse. So I guess Rhoda will have to carry her like she is a doll.

It shouldn't be hard to obtain shopping bag in shop.

4 hours ago, hkmaly said:
9 hours ago, Scotty said:

Boo for no nudity!

Yes :)

Apparently, she even managed to make the clothes shrink in EXACTLY same ratio.

Although, while surprising, I still expect more hijinks.

9 hours ago, Scotty said:

Yeah, was not expecting the lack of nudity.  Actually I was, sorta, because if there was nudity that would make the pin up canon, and Dan seem to shy away from some of those.

As to Pandora, could be guiding.   Giving you instruction on how to do a thing is sort of the definition of guiding.

10 hours ago, mlooney said:

Yeah, was not expecting the lack of nudity.  Actually I was, sorta, because if there was nudity that would make the pin up canon, and Dan seem to shy away from some of those.

The pinup can still be canon, it just ends up happening after Rhoda and Catalina take that next step mutually.

18 hours ago, mlooney said:

As to Pandora, could be guiding.   Giving you instruction on how to do a thing is sort of the definition of guiding.

Yes, instruction. Not doing it instead of you. (Although ... showing how something can be done might be part of guiding ...)

7 hours ago, Scotty said:
18 hours ago, mlooney said:

The pinup can still be canon, it just ends up happening after Rhoda and Catalina take that next step mutually.

Yes. It would be when they decide it would be fun thing to try, not when they feel forced to do it for outside reasons. (Or, well, it was ... considering this is flashback ... note that Rhoda is using just one hand in that, suggesting more experience ...)

27 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

(Or, well, it was ... considering this is flashback ... note that Rhoda is using just one hand in that, suggesting more experience ...)

Possible, she also had both hand out when she enlarged the boar, but the cookie could have been a one hander.

53 minutes ago, ijuin said:

There can be only one solution to this argument--shrink Ellen to match Rhoda and then compare them! :D

Nope.  Make them both Susan's height.