• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
The Old Hack

Story Monday September 17, 2018

1 hour ago, WR...S said:

...where is the perceptive Diane from the mall?

Remember how Luke Skywalker let a Sand Person sneak up right in front of him because he was looking through his cool space binoculars? Tight focus/tunnel vision. At the mall, Diane was focused on Susan most of the time.

Diane demonstrated remarkable perception the very first time we heard her speaking. Lucy calls Diane "Nancy Drew" and Diane is pictured as Sherlock Holmes, which is why she's Diane Holmes in my headcanon. That's two famous detectives in just one comic. And yet she didn't seem to notice Nanase at all until Ellen flipped Nanase's ponytail.

6 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Diane demonstrated remarkable perception the very first time we heard her speaking. Lucy calls Diane "Nancy Drew" and Diane is pictured as Sherlock Holmes, which is why she's Diane Holmes in my headcanon. That's two famous detectives in just one comic. And yet she didn't seem to notice Nanase at all until Ellen flipped Nanase's ponytail.

Actually, she likely DID noticed Nanase, she just didn't considered her important enough to say something about her until she observed Ellen doing something which shown Nanase knows her.

But, generally, yes: she has remarkable perception, but still some blind spots caused by not focusing on, for example, Lucy. She thinks she knows her, which prevents her from realizing she doesn't know her as well as she thinks.

BTW, the "reasons I know you'll appreciate" is probably her height problem, not being lesbian, right?

On 9/17/2018 at 6:42 PM, hkmaly said:

BTW, the "reasons I know you'll appreciate" is probably her height problem, not being lesbian, right?

Height, plus the fact that Rhoda is pretty busty as well, and gets unwanted attention because of that.

2 hours ago, Scotty said:
On 9/18/2018 at 0:42 AM, hkmaly said:

Height, plus the fact that Rhoda is pretty busty as well, and gets unwanted attention because of that.

... right. It's not so visible in her usual outfits, and when you compare it to Ellen or Nanase it doesn't seem that big ... but her getting attention because of her bust size is likely.