• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Tom Sewell

Crossover with Kim Possible?!!!

Has anyone else spotted this one on Deviant Art? Sorry I can't post the picture directly because I've used up my free limit, but I think it's worth following the link. Note that the earliest comment is from 2006; Kim is still in the original green cargo pants, and Tedd looks like he did before Grace's birthday party.

I saw this a long time ago.  Back when I was much more active in the Kimmunity and before I found EGS.

I didn't realize what was up with the "Purple Haired" kid at the time.

Ron getting turned into a girl is a frequent theme in KP fanfics and fan art.

51 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Ron getting turned into a girl is a frequent theme in KP fanfics and fan art.

Ya think? I don't think I've seen more than two or three hundred verRONica pics so far.

I wonder why Dan never did something with KP, at least a cameo. EGS and KP are both about teenagers in high school mixed in with weird and (mostly) humorous adventures.

5 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

I wonder why Dan never did something with KP, at least a cameo. EGS and KP are both about teenagers in high school mixed in with weird and (mostly) humorous adventures.

It might have worked as a One Shot, Filler, Sketchbook, or stand alone NP comic back in the early days of EGS.  The Mouse's legal team probably would have regarded it much like all the other KP fan art out there.  But the Disney Lawyers can be very protective of their property if it is used commercially.  And Dan has been making money off EGS for some time now.  Maybe not much, but it doesn't take much blood to attract sharks.

Setting aside the copyright issues.  It would be difficult to work the KP & Co characters into one of the long EGS story arcs organically.

That said, with a new live action Kim Possible movie scheduled to premier on the Disney Chanel next year, it will probably be quickly released to video.  There are ways the EGS characters might talk about Kim Possible within the context of the comic.  Susan and Elliot discussing the video on their review show comes to mind almost immediately.  Or perhaps Justin and Grace playing that instead of Spaceballs during the card tournament.  After all, Nanase and Ellen were more than ready to solve a mystery.  Or rewrite history.  Woo-oo.

Ah yes, Circe's fan art; it's been a while since I checked that out. (Anyone who likes this picture should check out her gallery; there's a bunch more pieces of EGS fanart.)

13 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Maybe he didn't watch the show?

...There's also the fact that with a few rare exceptions Dan doesn't do cameos or fanfiction of characters or stories owned by other people in EGS. (And I think that aside from that George Lucas cameo, he got permission from the creators/people involved for the cameos we have seen.) It would have had to be EGS characters dressing like KP characters in a sketchbook, or a parody story or scene.