• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
ChronosCat

Sketchbook September 18, 2018 - TF Transfer Scales

http://egscomics.com/sketchbook/2018-022

On Patreon back in August of 2016.

Huh. That means I haven't had a chance to comment on it here...

Well, I like the Indiana Jones outfits, and the idea of an artifact that causes transformations, but I'm still a bit underwhelmed by this picture. I think part of the problem is we've already seen Sarah with large breasts, so even when Dan first posted this only one of the transformations was new. A bigger problem is that for me part of the fun of an unexpected transformation is seeing the character(s) coping with it; to truly do this justice there would need to be at least a short scene if not a story.

Speaking of which, I'm excited about the "Archaeologists" story Dan talks about in the commentary; it sounds promising. (Based on some tweets he's made, I'm guessing Nanase's outfit will be closer to something Lara Croft would wear. But it's interesting he doesn't mention Sarah being in a different outfit - maybe she'll get to keep her Indiana Jones outfit?) 

19 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

A bigger problem is that for me part of the fun of an unexpected transformation is seeing the character(s) coping with it; to truly do this justice there would need to be at least a short scene if not a story.

The story seems pretty obvious ... well, at least the start of story.

50 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

The story seems pretty obvious ... well, at least the start of story.

In my mind, this is the end of the first act of the story - and you're right that what leads up to it is implied well enough. However what would really interest me is a look at the second and third acts. In other words, this picture makes me want to know what happens next more than it makes me want to enjoy the picture for it's own sake.

I love that he's finally got Sarah's cup size as rather small, even if it is on Nanase's chest!  Based on how she acts and feels about them, and how variable they seem to have been in-comic, I've always pictured Sarah as being an A-cup, maybe as much as a B-cup -- enough to make a bump but not really enough to have much sag to them, even without a bra.

I also like the effect the change in size has on their clothes.  Not only is Sarah's shirt strained to bursting, but Nanase's is sagging, hanging over her belt in a nicely realistic way.  Even her sleeves reflect the sudden looseness.  It's one of those details that really make the picture work!

Thinking about how undersized shirts usually fit, there probably shouldn't be so much slack at the bottom of Sarah's shirt to the sides; her new breast size/shape is wider, not just bigger right in front, so the sides would be stretched forward and outward.

Now I'm curious what other things that scale can rebalance....

Surely, if this was made into an arc, it could not be just them.

Then again, what more could the scales do? (Probably except swapping their own height. It's a bit redundant)

17 hours ago, Stature said:

Then again, what more could the scales do? (Probably except swapping their own height. It's a bit redundant)

It's scales. It's not about swapping. They can make one of them smaller and other taller.

I actually think that Sarah's boobs are bigger than Nanase's usually are ...

On 9/24/2018 at 9:57 PM, CritterKeeper said:

Based on how she acts and feels about them, and how variable they seem to have been in-comic, I've always pictured Sarah as being an A-cup, maybe as much as a B-cup

... and that Sarah is B-cup but compares herself with people around who are D+ which makes her own boobs feel smaller. (Wait ... is there any official breast size info for EGS?)