• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
partner555

Discussions regarding Pacing, Scheduling and Fanservice

7 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

Did I just miss it, or did we not get any Christmas Ellen-and-Nanase pic this year?

6 hours ago, mlooney said:

I don't think we got one.

Dan's behind on the pinups, he just finished with November's batch and has yet to start December's. I imagine the Ellen&Nanase christmas pic will either be among those, or he'll fit it in somewhere.

56 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

But still, no new Santa Ellen for an entire year...

Just one more lousy thing about 2016.

I'm betting we can keep blaming 2016 for miserable stuff for at least a couple more months.  Celebrities who die in 2017 but got sick in 2016.  Bad movies that were released in 2017 but made in 2016.  Heck, many of us will be blaming 2016 for much bigger ills for at least four more years....and I'll stop there so I don't have to move this to the Politics thread....

EGS Pin Up pictures have been moving in directions I do not find particularly enjoyable.  I know Dan has promised a certain number of these pictures each month depending upon the donations he receives at Patreon.  But I make my donations because I like the stories.

So under the terms of "if you can't say something nice..." I intend to stop commenting on the Pin Up and Sketch Book pictures I do not find appealing or amusing.  Of course I reserve the right to comment on anything sufficiently egregious.

In the meantime, I can only hope that Dan will chose a different reward system in the near future.  Personally, I would like to see more new commentary about old comics.  Looking into the artist's mind while he contemplates his old work is intriguing.

5 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

EGS Pin Up pictures have been moving in directions I do not find particularly enjoyable.  I know Dan has promised a certain number of these pictures each month depending upon the donations he receives at Patreon.  But I make my donations because I like the stories.

Basically, seconded.

As I do not have an income at present, I do not participate in the Patreon, but I am not that fond of the recent output either, with the exception of Dan's choices. Touch Practice and Noah with Elliot were both head and shoulders above the other recent pinups. Perhaps it is the fault of the backing, voting public - though they haven't done as poorly as I expected with the major January polls. We will get Mechanic Tess, at least. Anyway, I miss the commentary as well.

Not an easy question to be sure.

All I know is that I do not demand or expect the pin-up or sketch book pictures with any regularity.  If Dan puts something in there that I do not enjoy, then to me it is no different than if he did not post any thing at all.

34 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Not an easy question to be sure.

All I know is that I do not demand or expect the pin-up or sketch book pictures with any regularity.  If Dan puts something in there that I do not enjoy, then to me it is no different than if he did not post any thing at all.

That's generally how I regard the pinups of Dan's that don't interest me.  I lose nothing if I don't like a pinup.

There are some pinups that disappoint me.  They sounded awesome as ideas but Dan's execution just didn't...work for me.  By chance, the Rhoda and and Amanda pinup that set this discussion in motion is one of those.

OTOH, if all of Dan's pinups were what *I* want to see, he would be doing something seriously wrong.  His audience is way too diverse and they all need some pinup love now and then, especially those who are too small a group to vote something they like into reality.

3 minutes ago, Vorlonagent said:

OTOH, if all of Dan's pinups were what *I* want to see, he would be doing something seriously wrong.

Agreed.  After all, how many other EGS Bunnies really want to see an expansion of the Knife Fighting Space Shark Scene?

11 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Agreed.  After all, how many other EGS Bunnies really want to see an expansion of the Knife Fighting Space Shark Scene?

Interesting question. I'd like to see it if Dan could figure out somewhere awesome to go with it.  I think the patreon voting is stuck on what sounds sexy-awesome but I personally would be happy to see other kinds of awesome intended.

Catering to the lowest-denominator seems an issue with Patreon.  I've seen plenty of artists make sure I know that they make nude versions of their work available to Patreon patrons...

Posted by Dan Shive to Facebook and Tumblr:

Next story comic Friday, and Wednesday EGS:NP during the day Wednesday.

This delay is due to me dealing with a flooding situation late Monday Night (Tuesday Morning). It was *relatively* minor and everything worked out okay, but it was very physically strenuous, I’m sore, and I didn’t get any sleep until after 7AM.

Incidentally, by “relatively minor”, well, we’re talking about flooding. It was a serious situation and a significant amount of damage was prevented, but the bar’s set pretty high with floods, and I don’t want to give the wrong impression. Definitely serious and a struggle, but not the stuff of legendary legends.

-- https://www.facebook.com/groups/elgoonishshive/permalink/10154857997797208/https://danshive.tumblr.com/post/156002089042/rain-delay

4 hours ago, HarJIT said:

Posted by Dan Shive to Facebook and Tumblr:

Also posted at the top of the latest story comic.  Between the 3 that should cover every one.

2 hours ago, mlooney said:

Also posted at the top of the latest story comic.  Between the 3 that should cover every one.

He also tweeted about it with a screenshot of the tumblr post.

5 hours ago, Scotty said:
8 hours ago, mlooney said:

He also tweeted about it with a screenshot of the tumblr post.

Yeah, if you don't know about the schedule and why, you can't call your self a bunny.

On 1/16/2017 at 8:55 PM, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Me, dear god I would love to see that. 

5 hours ago, Sjmcc13 said:

Me, dear god I would love to see that. 

That might be fun.  As long as no [F|M]V5 was applied to any of the combatants

16 hours ago, mlooney said:

That might be fun.  As long as no [F|M]V5 was applied to any of the combatants

The next time Dan does a 2 character pinup poll, I'll throw it out there.

20 hours ago, Vorlonagent said:

The next time Dan does a 2 character pinup poll, I'll throw it out there.

That, in itself, is part of the problem, I think.  Why is it a "pinup poll" instead of a "Sketch poll" with pinup options?  I really hope Dan knows some of us would really rather just have regular sketchbooks, instead of all these pinups which, frankly, some of them seem like they'd be better *without* the fanservice element.  Maybe the pinups would win the voting anyway, but I do wish we could have a chance to find out.

OK, so an idea I just had might still be considered pinup material, it could also be possible sketchbook material along the lines of of the "EGS Soccer team" set.

Since Dan's current patreon funding allows for 2 doubles, would it be possible to get a suggestion of "Sarah and Ashley playing volleyball" as well as "f!Tedd and Heidi playing volleyball" to get 1st and 2nd in the poll with the hopes that Dan would draw them in such a way that you could put the images side by side and have the net in the middle?

6 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

Ooh, I like it.  But can we get a boys vs girls thing going?  ;-)

If you want sure, since I'm a guy though of course I was going to suggest an all small breasted girl combo.

Although...considering two of the girls are usually guys...

Well, I did consider Susan and Diane but they didn't seem right for volley ball. Though I can see Ashley and Elliot having some friendly competition and Sarah convincing Tedd to join them, as to why Elliot and Tedd would be female in this, maybe it was on a dare or something.

Nah, both Elliot and Tedd are casual enough about transforming that they would willingly do so if their companions asked them to. No bets or dares or other coercion necessary.

4 hours ago, ijuin said:

Nah, both Elliot and Tedd are casual enough about transforming that they would willingly do so if their companions asked them to. No bets or dares or other coercion necessary.

Tedd certainly wouldn't turn down an opportunity to be a girl, Elliot I guess would do it for Ashley. As to why he'd pick Heidi, she seems the most athletic oriented of the three secret IDs, and while I'm sure Elliot could still run and jump in his other female forms, larger boobs might be problematic for him to play volleyball with and we've yet to actually see him succeed in morphing into a smaller breasted custom form.