• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
partner555

Discussions regarding Pacing, Scheduling and Fanservice

3 hours ago, mlooney said:

The Dan just posted on Facebook that he is aware of the site roll back and is working on getting it fixed.

On Patreon Dan announced next comic would be Monday due to wrestling with site security.  Apparently the site was open to being edited by anybody.  Most of what happened was minor random stuff and someone actually stepping in to fix a couple of links.  Yay us. 

5 hours ago, Vorlonagent said:

On Patreon Dan announced next comic would be Monday due to wrestling with site security.  Apparently the site was open to being edited by anybody.  Most of what happened was minor random stuff and someone actually stepping in to fix a couple of links.  Yay us. 

One of the links was an arcid that's apparently been broken for a while anyway, I'm assuming from when Dan changed webhosts.

6 hours ago, partner555 said:

In case anyone missed it in the commentary, after Sister 3 ends, the main story will be taking two weeks off.

Yep, he'll still update the NP and use the time normally spent on story comics for catching up on Patreon rewards.

So, Dan's not exactly sure when, and how much, of a time skip it would be, but at least he's certain he'll do it after Elliot and gang meet up with Tara and Andrea again and address some of Justin and Sarah's stuff (dates/notdates?) so that means at least 3 weeks-a month of comic time stories before a timeskip.

On 12/09/2018 at 3:50 AM, Scotty said:

So, Dan's not exactly sure when, and how much, of a time skip it would be, but at least he's certain he'll do it after Elliot and gang meet up with Tara and Andrea again and address some of Justin and Sarah's stuff (dates/notdates?) so that means at least 3 weeks-a month of comic time stories before a timeskip.

And here I thought the major timeskip would happen directly after Sister 3 before Legend Of Diane disproved that.

Given that the main high-school-aged characters are in the middle of their Senior Year, a likely length for a timeskip would be to skip to May or so when Prom/Graduation are coming up and the kids are preparing for post-high-school life.

5 hours ago, ijuin said:

Given that the main high-school-aged characters are in the middle of their Senior Year, a likely length for a timeskip would be to skip to May or so when Prom/Graduation are coming up and the kids are preparing for post-high-school life.

I wouldn't mind seeing an actual summer/fall story arc, since Dan skipped that the previous year, it'd make for a shorter timeskip for sure but given one of the loose ends, I don't expect Dan to hold off too long on addressing it.

Unless of course he address that before the skip, but he hasn't really indicated that possibility yet.

*Note: Spoiler for the May 8 NP ahead.*

I never thought I'd be one to complain about the fanservice in EGS, but I've gotten really tired of the "Magic Tea" effects. I mean the wavy hair and more curves thing can look good (I liked the look on Dan's avatar), but the figure alterations often go further than I like, and the tea also usually causes the drinker's clothing to shrink in ways that I feel make the clothing not look very good. I also find some of the implied mental effects creepy... And there was a period where there were so many pinups involving it that it lost all novelty.

I bring this up now because from a visual standpoint the spell Sarah used in the latest NP is virtually identical to the effects of the tea, and my first thought on seeing the third panel was "Ugh, not this again!"

I'm glad that The Dan  went on a "Story M-W-F, NP T-T-S" schedule as that means I'll have new EGS goodness every day but Sunday.  I wouldn't be to upset if he dropped the Saturday NP if he had to.

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

I'm glad that The Dan  went on a "Story M-W-F, NP T-T-S" schedule as that means I'll have new EGS goodness every day but Sunday.  I wouldn't be to upset if he dropped the Saturday NP if he had to.

Seconded.

5 hours ago, mlooney said:

I dunno if this means he'll dropped the Tuesday/Thursday sketchbooks though as he had stated a desire to do more of those. At the moment, the last commentary said he'd try to sort them out, but historically, whenever he's stated that he's got something figured out that would help get comics and stuff done more efficiently, something always happens (either RL stuff or comic stuff) sets him back again.

To be honest, I'm not really happy about NP having a hiatus, given that is what Patreon milestone was all about.  That being said, Patreon doesn't seem to have milestones any more.

I'd rather Dan takes time to figure out what he's doing next rather than just winging it; when he makes things up as he goes along the quality tends to be lower and the pacing even worse than usual.

At any rate, he's said NP would be coming back in early September, so that should be just a few weeks.

16 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

I'd rather Dan takes time to figure out what he's doing next rather than just winging it; when he makes things up as he goes along the quality tends to be lower and the pacing even worse than usual.

Yeah, he does tend towards having long chunks of exposition when he's more or less making it up as he goes.  I mean I assume he has some goal in mind, but getting there could take some time.  Can't see the trees for the forest.  I'm assuming that both parties were made up more or less as he went, the one with Ashley more so than Grace's birthday party. 

8 hours ago, mlooney said:

Yeah, he does tend towards having long chunks of exposition when he's more or less making it up as he goes.  I mean I assume he has some goal in mind, but getting there could take some time.  Can't see the trees for the forest.  I'm assuming that both parties were made up more or less as he went, the one with Ashley more so than Grace's birthday party. 

I think for the main story, Dan has a notion of where he wants it to go, but works out the details as he goes along. <shrug> OTOH, I don't know Dan.

Just now, Darth Fluffy said:

I think for the main story, Dan has a notion of where he wants it to go, but works out the details as he goes along. <shrug> OTOH, I don't know Dan.

He has more or less said that.