• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
partner555

Discussions regarding Pacing, Scheduling and Fanservice

9 hours ago, Stature said:

I poorly guesstimate the US cost of living and guesstimated the "best average" American yearly income instead.

In my town, it is actually about 10-30 US grand. Oops. But still, kinda high in the med-low 20's to 30's.

Water, food, electricity, tuition, gas, telco, (rent is rare,) what else am I missing?

I suddenly feel much more accomplished for making ends meet (and getting ahead) on an estimated yearly income of about $13k before taxes (~$9.2k after taxes). 

Yeah, I would assume that you are able to get by on that amount because you are paying comparatively little out-of-pocket for your housing and medical coverage.

11 hours ago, Arcanimus said:

I suddenly feel much more accomplished for making ends meet (and getting ahead) on an estimated yearly income of about $13k before taxes (~$9.2k after taxes). 

24 minutes ago, ijuin said:

Yeah, I would assume that you are able to get by on that amount because you are paying comparatively little out-of-pocket for your housing and medical coverage.

https://aspe.hhs.gov/2015-poverty-guidelines

Persons in family/household Poverty guideline
1 $11,770
2 $15,930

I'd have to guess the same. (Also, I think the poverty guidelines are pre-taxes, not post-taxes.)

I make roughly the same amount as Arcanimus (slightly less), but I happen to still live with my folks while doing school. I'm lucky in that way. I don't have health insurance at all, and my car was paid off a few years back, which means I can have only liability coverage.

You know, I think we have gone way off-topic. I can see how Dan's income may be related to the pacing, scheduling and fan service of EGS, but discussions regarding cost of living and poverty should probably be in either its own off-topic thread, or the politics discussion thread. Not sure which.

Yup, I feared for that.

Granted, there might not be much to say anymore as both the forums and the comics are having some sort of a "slow day".

Alright, so I was wrong about Dan having been caught up on patreon related sketchbooks.

Pinups Starting Tuesday, April Will Have Sketchbooks Published Mar 27, 2016

First half of this post is self explanatory, really. I'll start posting pinups Tuesday, and post the last of them on Thursday.

The second half is that I'm not making any changes to the Patreon, BUT I'm at a point at which I should be able to finish all the Patreon based sketchbooks without impacting EGS:NP or story comics (in no small part because EGS:NP is done being written all the way through April).

As such, I will be bringing back Tuesday/Thursday sketchbooks, at the very least until 100% caught up on those. After that, I will assess how things are going and if I have anything I'd want to post on those days.

This should make a number of people happy. :)

Last week I wanted to do this but the number dropped suddenly before it happened(possibly due to the April changeover). But now it's official, Dan's hit the 1000 patron mark on patreon.

That's about it, we should maybe congratulate him, or something. ;)

49 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

Has Dan officially discontinued putting Patreon pinups on the EGS Pinups tumblr, or is he just really slow doing it this time around?

There's an EGS Pinups tumblr? I didn't know that. Must have missed the info somewhere. I just look on Patreon itself.

58 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

Has Dan officially discontinued putting Patreon pinups on the EGS Pinups tumblr, or is he just really slow doing it this time around?

I'm wondering if he just forgot he has it.

On the subject of fanservice:

I must say, I like this month's pinups a lot more than I have in a while.  Not being a fan of the Jessica Rabbit body type, it's nice to see everyone with their own proportions.  (And I know that puts me in the minority - these are chosen by vote, after all - so please don't construe this as a complaint about other months.  I'm just very happy with the way the voting turned out this time.)

1 hour ago, Danny Beans said:

On the subject of fanservice:

I must say, I like this month's pinups a lot more than I have in a while.  Not being a fan of the Jessica Rabbit body type, it's nice to see everyone with their own proportions.  (And I know that puts me in the minority - these are chosen by vote, after all - so please don't construe this as a complaint about other months.  I'm just very happy with the way the voting turned out this time.)

As someone who tends to be slightly turned off by the Jessica Rabbit body type, I'm also relatively happy with this month.

7 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

I just had a most evil thought.

The current NP story arc that began in late July, 2016 is set near Haloween.

Does this mean Dan is planning on having this story run to late October in real time?

Considering other canon NP stories have run for at least 3 months, I doubt this would be shorter than that.

On July 4, 2016 at 2:29 PM, ProfessorTomoe said:

I agree. Natural it is. FV5 is ... well, okay for a few moments, but I prefer unzapped fanservice.

"Basic" FV5, as applied to somebody who has zero feminine curves/boobs, is meant to produce a body comparable to Ellen's base form, which is curvy but mostly-reasonable. Adding FV5 on top of a form which already has curves/boobs (including "doubling up" on FV5, as when Ellen zaps herself) does go quite overboard, however. My personal "sweet spot" is somewhere around Nanase's base form.

I'm putting this in Fan service, because that what the pin ups are, and I'm talking about the full set, not just one. I know he hasn't finished July, but the July pin ups are, in general meh.  The Sara and Susan at the con is the best one and it's sort of marginal.   Wait to see the rest.

Come on Dan, post some cute and/or amusing comics.  I really need them today.

ObWebGeek
I'm not quite sure I fully follow the logic this editor uses when it "cleans up" HTML. It moved the underline to out of the red span. Weird. Also if you have an out of place close, it helpfully assumes you mean to turn on that flag for the rest of the message, instead of nuking the bad close. I've got about half a mind to start doing my messages in SeaMonkey's composer and just dropping the HTML into a source box. This editor is just good enough to be frustrating.

4 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

I just "liked" my poll choices for the October pin-ups at Patreon.  But I wasn't really impressed by the choices.

Can we get back to some sketchbook entries more like Monty Python rather than Benny Hill?

I'm happy that a choice that I suggested in the relevant thread made it into the poll, but sad that it's last in votes.

I know I'll sound ungrateful and horrible, but I really do wish he'd do more non-pinup stuff.  I'd rather pay Patreon for Dan to do regular Sketchbooks than pin-ups!  Or at least, maybe a mix of the two.  We haven't had a Sketchbook entry since April 22!  And even then, the last one was really a pin-up type, so no real Sketchbooks since April 19.