• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Stature

NP Thursday September 27, 2018

7 hours ago, Scotty said:

Revenge of the Magic Tea!

That's all I got. ;)

Pretty weak, considering Dan is obviously drinking it deliberately.

Smart (under)pants? Piece of clothes which increases intelligence as long as it's visible? That would have potential ...

Intelligence is not that much useful if you are unable to focus ... on the other hand, being unable to focus makes relaxing easier :)

I mean, I type it out too. Growing up, I never really had the chance to express myself in the way that I wanted to, but like, I ended up holding it in because of the whole "egg" thing. Now it's all coming out, and like, I like it.

3 hours ago, weirdee said:

I mean, I type it out too. Growing up, I never really had the chance to express myself in the way that I wanted to, but like, I ended up holding it in because of the whole "egg" thing. Now it's all coming out, and like, I like it.

Words like "like", "um" and "uh" are useful in written text for same reasons emoticons are: they indicate something which is not visible from other words. You might actually use MORE "um" and "uh" in writing because in spoken language you can just pause a bit, but in written ... well, there is "...", and in some cases you can add stuff like [dramatic pause], but sometimes the "uh" is better.

I make a distinction between conversational speech, such as dialog, and more formal speech meant to convey information; my writing usually reflects that distinction.  That said, my language tends to be a bit more formal in either one than most folks.

Eh, who cares?  As long as it doesn't bug anyone too much, it's just what feels right, y'know?