• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Scotty

NP, Monday October 31, 2016

8 minutes ago, Scotty said:

I'm shocked Pandora is shocked. I mean, shouldn't Pandora have pretty good understanding of what the spell is capable of?

8 minutes ago, Scotty said:

And Catalina Logic seems stumped.

Especially considering commentary ... I don't see any pocket on Rhoda. Is it possible neither of them though about it? (Rhetorical question: it totally is.)

Also, I'm not carrying hammers and wrenches, however I do carry knife and screwdriver. And keys. How can someone walk around without keys?

1 minute ago, Stature said:

But still, hold her like a doll if that happens.

That might be uncomfortable ...

I cannot imagine surviving with clothes that have no pockets. Wallet, keys, pen, chapstick, Altoids, comb... I've got stuff that needs places to be put!

...Yes I have a phone. It clips on my belt. Or my waistband, depending. Putting a phone in a pocket just seems like it would be an invitation for trouble of some sort.

7 minutes ago, partner555 said:

Why is Pandora shocked? Didn't Pandora grant the spell in the first place? She should know what the spell can and cannot do.

You very likely answered your own question. If I were to guess, she's shocked because the spell shouldn't be able to do that.

32 minutes ago, Random Wanderer said:

...Yes I have a phone. It clips on my belt. Or my waistband, depending. Putting a phone in a pocket just seems like it would be an invitation for trouble of some sort.

Depends on WHICH pocket. Pocket on thigh is pretty useful for phones. The one on back of pants, really not.

8 minutes ago, Random Wanderer said:
15 minutes ago, partner555 said:

Why is Pandora shocked? Didn't Pandora grant the spell in the first place? She should know what the spell can and cannot do.

You very likely answered your own question. If I were to guess, she's shocked because the spell shouldn't be able to do that.

Exactly. The determination Rhoda was filled with must've been really powerful.

2 minutes ago, Joker said:

If a pocket won't work maybe Catalina can dwell within her shirt.

That keeps to be referenced for at least last three comics ... and it would make both of them blush a lot. Still might happen.

15 minutes ago, Joker said:

If a pocket won't work maybe Catalina can dwell within her shirt.

13 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

That keeps to be referenced for at least last three comics ... 

And I bet five quatloos that it will be referenced at least three more times before this storyline is over.  ;-)

2 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:
17 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

That keeps to be referenced for at least last three comics ... 

And I bet five quatloos that it will be referenced at least three more times before this storyline is over.  ;-)

Hmmm ... with just four frames per comics in NP instead of six+ in story ... I'm not taking that bet, too risky.

2 hours ago, Random Wanderer said:

I cannot imagine surviving with clothes that have no pockets. Wallet, keys, pen, chapstick, Altoids, comb... I've got stuff that needs places to be put!

And that would be why the majority of women carry purses if they aren't already carrying a larger bag/backpack of some sort.

I think that the reason for women's clothes having fewer/smaller pockets is because the whole design of modern women's clothes (at least the ones that are meant to show off a woman's figure) is for them to be close-fitting and hug their curves relatively tightly. Having bulging pockets detracts from this. So yes, you can blame men's sexual attraction (and/or women's desire to attract sexual attention) for it.

K^2    2

Where does Rhoda carry her phone? Wherever that is, should have enough space for Catalina at this size.

This does remind me of a girl I know who used her bra as a place to keep her phone... But given Rhoda's previous internal monologue, I don't think that's going to happen.

5 hours ago, Random Wanderer said:

... Anyone have any theories? My only guess is that some other Immortal upgraded the spell when Pandora wasn't looking.

45 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

I'm shocked Pandora is shocked. I mean, shouldn't Pandora have pretty good understanding of what the spell is capable of?

Just now, Random Wanderer said:
Just now, partner555 said:

This does happen before Pandora becomes aware of the Will of Magic, so she's likely not aware of Flair for the Dramatic, which is probably what happened here. Rhoda was being dramatic enough for the Will to be like "Sure, why not?"

If it wasn't flair for the dramatic them, it still ranks up there with Ellen's overcharged beam, even the experts weren't sure how it completely transformed Vladia, but given Ellen's determination to protect Nanase in that moment, it altered the spell.

If I were to guess, it might be a combination of both. Maybe the magic system has a bit of flexibility in spell mechanics that allow for unusual effects under the right circumstances. Susan summoning Nase and Ellen copying Nanase's guardian form might fall under that flexibility too.

Who paid for their food at the Food Court? That person would have to have had either a purse or a sufficiently large pocket that would allow them to carry cash or a debit/credit card. Granted, a card is a lot smaller than Catalina is now, but there are ways to conceal the pocket (if that's what was used).

4 hours ago, ijuin said:

And that would be why the majority of women carry purses if they aren't already carrying a larger bag/backpack of some sort.

I think that the reason for women's clothes having fewer/smaller pockets is because the whole design of modern women's clothes (at least the ones that are meant to show off a woman's figure) is for them to be close-fitting and hug their curves relatively tightly. Having bulging pockets detracts from this. So yes, you can blame men's sexual attraction (and/or women's desire to attract sexual attention) for it.

3 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Who paid for their food at the Food Court? That person would have to have had either a purse or a sufficiently large pocket that would allow them to carry cash or a debit/credit card. Granted, a card is a lot smaller than Catalina is now, but there are ways to conceal the pocket (if that's what was used).

Girls (and guys for that matter) can't really leave home without a few necessities:  phone, keys, cash/credit card, and ID.  And most will have a lot more than that...a wallet, makeup, comb or brush, charging cable for the phone, etc, etc.  Catalina may have had those things in her pants pockets, but surely Rhoda has a purse if she doesn't have pockets.  It could be a little clutch but she must have something to carry her stuff in.

If she really doesn't, I suppose Rhoda could take off her jacket and carry it in her arms.  Catalina could hide in the folds long enough for Rhoda to walk out of the mall.  It would look a little odd, but less odd than a tiny cat girl!  A slightly naughtier version would have Catalina tucked into the waist of Rhoda's skirt, under the jacket. 

Or we could be back to the Catalina-pretends-to-be-a-doll thing....which honestly sounds more like something Dan would do.

54 minutes ago, Circe said:

Or we could be back to the Catalina-pretends-to-be-a-doll thing....which honestly sounds more like something Dan would do.

More importantly, it sounds exactly like the sort of thing Catalina would instantly think was a good idea. And then minutes later horribly fail at because she couldn't keep her big mouth shut. You see, Catalina has another magical power -- her mouth is always big no matter how small she gets. :danshiftyeyes:

7 hours ago, K^2 said:

Where does Rhoda carry her phone? Wherever that is, should have enough space for Catalina at this size.

This does remind me of a girl I know who used her bra as a place to keep her phone... But given Rhoda's previous internal monologue, I don't think that's going to happen.

Which brings up another important question: Does Catalina now have an itty bitty phone? And can she make calls with it?

Just now, The Old Hack said:

More importantly, it sounds exactly like the sort of thing Catalina would instantly think was a good idea. And then minutes later horribly fail at because she couldn't keep her big mouth shut. You see, Catalina has another magical power -- her mouth is always big no matter how small she gets. :danshiftyeyes:

She's managed to keep Rhoda's spell a secret though, so that says a lot. Catalina's trying to avoid drawing attention to herself, sure it's a complicated way of doing so but it's so far worked, I don't think she'll fudge it up.

It is worth noting that she's managed to continue to keep both Rhoda's spell and her spell secret even till the current point in the story, though I do suspect that now that she know's Elliot's secret, I think she'll be willing to talk to him about it.

12 hours ago, Random Wanderer said:

Put the phones in your cargo pockets, that's what I do. Never had a problem with that as long as the phones has a good key lock function and the power button isn't to easy to press by accident. This last is a problem with the current Nokia smart phones. Side mounted menu and power button is so stupid I can't imagine what they were smoking when they came up with that.

Something I just noticed. Pandora in the first panel is now missing her glasses from the college coed disguise.  The last panel of the last strip in "marker" also has her missing the glasses. So this might be an indication the this NP arc is coming to an end shortly.

57 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Something I just noticed. Pandora in the first panel is now missing her glasses from the college coed disguise.  The last panel of the last strip in "marker" also has her missing the glasses. So this might be an indication the this NP arc is coming to an end shortly.

If it is, we need to have speaks with The Dan about the term "Hijinks" then.  This, while amusing and world building and all that, isn't hijinks as such.  At least not as I define them, which, given my mental chemistry, may or may not be in touch with reality as the world normally defines it as.