• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Stature

NP Wednesday October 3, 2018

30 minutes ago, Stature said:

Huh. Yup.

... definitely unexpected. Susan having some fun in safe space, ok. Susan being under influence in public - and in work, where it can mean she makes some mistake and be fired? Very unlikely.

Sometime later, Mr. Tensaided informs Susan, "No drinking bubbly-tea on the job, or coming into work still under the influence!"

On the plus side, Susan is able to help her mother replace her drinking habit with one that isn't so damaging to the liver...

2 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

Sometime later, Mr. Tensaided informs Susan, "No drinking bubbly-tea on the job, or coming into work still under the influence!"

The thing is, he shouldn't need to. Susan is intelligent enough to realize it herself ... even beforehand. If the bubbly tea made her think it's good idea, Mr. Tensaided saying anything might not change it ...

2 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

On the plus side, Susan is able to help her mother replace her drinking habit with one that isn't so damaging to the liver...

Putting aside the fact we don't know what the bubbly tea does with the liver, I'm not sure her mother would accept such substitute. She's unlikely to drink to be bubble now ...

5 hours ago, hkmaly said:

The thing is, he shouldn't need to. Susan is intelligent enough to realize it herself ... even beforehand. If the bubbly tea made her think it's good idea, Mr. Tensaided saying anything might not change it ...

Sometimes someone needs to point out the obvious, even to the intelligent.

Also, sometimes an employer decides to give an employee a warning rather than firing them after their first offense.

5 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Putting aside the fact we don't know what the bubbly tea does with the liver, I'm not sure her mother would accept such substitute. She's unlikely to drink to be bubble now ...

If we take the implication from her single non-flashback appearance that she has a drinking problem at face value, there is a good chance that she's doing it for the mind/emotion altering affects. Assuming she isn't physically addicted or can push past that, a mind-altering tea might be just the thing for her (if not Bubbly Tea, then maybe one of Tea's other products).

And of course Bubbly Tea doesn't harm the liver, Dan designed it!

Incidentally, I apologize for bringing depressing reality into discussion of what was obviously intended as a lighthearted and silly strip.

5 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

How confident are we that that's Susan, not Elliot?

The individual in question is pushing something; presumably a cart with videos to put back on the shelf. This not only suggests that's really Susan, it also means she's on the job right now (if she were there bubblied on her own time I wouldn't have such an issue with it).

8 hours ago, ChronosCat said:
14 hours ago, hkmaly said:

If we take the implication from her single non-flashback appearance that she has a drinking problem at face value, there is a good chance that she's doing it for the mind/emotion altering affects. Assuming she isn't physically addicted or can push past that, a mind-altering tea might be just the thing for her (if not Bubbly Tea, then maybe one of Tea's other products).

Hmmm ... yeah, maybe some other product ... except so far the bubbly tea is the only mind-altering one shown, isn't it?

I don't think she wants to be energized.

8 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

And of course Bubbly Tea doesn't harm the liver, Dan designed it!

Well, green tea extract may.

21 minutes ago, Don Edwards said:

To me, it suggests that it's either Susan on the job or Elliot on the job.

The strips may be independent, but nevertheless, it was Susan who was shown buying bubbly tea previous strip.

21 hours ago, hkmaly said:

<DonHo>

Tiny bubbles

In the wine

Make me happy

Make me feel fine

</DonHo>

8 hours ago, ijuin said:

<DonHo>

Tiny bubbles

In the wine

Make me happy

Make me feel fine

</DonHo>

I had a drill sergeant that loved that song.  It will forever be a "basic training song" to me, which if I was a select type of person would be a "trigger"...

Dan seems to favor mind-altering effects which can be counteracted at will.  I suspect Susan would be more reluctant to drink it if she were stuck with the effects until it wore off, than she would be if she could snap out of it if she had need to.