• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
hkmaly

Story, Wednesday Oct 3, 2018

http://egscomics.com/comic/tlod-020

Diane, if you meant Justin, he's just behind you.

So, when she finished introspection, she seem to think logically again: yes, the boys you weren't cool to likely don't deserve apology ; yes, trying to denying the rumors wouldn't help - at least not applied to general public, you may try to explain herself to Nanase, Susan, Elliot or your father for example ...

... and yes the rumors are also about Lucy but it's not like you can do anything with it, is it?

Leggo her Ego! :demonicduck: 

To be fair, at least it is not full blown. Then again, does anyone actually care anymore to even spill it as something juicy yet mean?

So Diane's first apology should be to Lucy?

Immediately as they rush between classes?  "I was wrong and I am sorry" sounds nice, but it could just leave Lucy more confused.
Later in the day when they both have a more convenient moment? 
Perhaps when Diane has taken time to think about all the ways she hurt Lucy?

Diane has decided to do something,  and while it would have been nice if she'd noticed Justin was so close to her, he can wait. There's Lucy, target in sight. Maybe Diane will ask Lucy if she'll go on another double date with her--and Rhoda and her girlfriend. Or maybe we could even end the week with that kiss I spoke of earlier. I have my hopes.

Or maybe some jerk like Gerald will show up and be jerky and Diane and Lucy will beat the crap out of him. That could be a re-bonding experience, also.

Or Mr. Raven may show up at exactly the right or exactly the wrong moment.

Whatever does happen in Friday's comic--assuming the next one is on Friday--TLoD shouldn't end there. Dan uses three digits after the TLoD in each of the filenames. The action will probably move away from Diane at times, but I think Diane may do something more legendary-y than get the girl or merge her little group with the Main Eight by the time of the last TLoD comic. Maybe we'll even go to Grace's nineteenth birthday party. Remember when Lucy murmured "I wish you were a boy" but Lucy didn't quite pick it up?

13 hours ago, partner555 said:
16 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Diane, if you meant Justin, he's just behind you.

Huh, missed that.

So did Diane, apparently.

11 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

So Diane's first apology should be to Lucy?

Immediately as they rush between classes?  "I was wrong and I am sorry" sounds nice, but it could just leave Lucy more confused.
Later in the day when they both have a more convenient moment? 
Perhaps when Diane has taken time to think about all the ways she hurt Lucy?

It's lunchtime now, so there is some time presumably ...

10 hours ago, detrius said:

Maybe her last name isn't Lawless, but Lucy still looks like a warrior princess. 

Obviously she's doing it deliberately. Although with her musculature, this may be the option she can do most convincingly.

4 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Diane has decided to do something,  and while it would have been nice if she'd noticed Justin was so close to her, he can wait. There's Lucy, target in sight. Maybe Diane will ask Lucy if she'll go on another double date with her--and Rhoda and her girlfriend. Or maybe we could even end the week with that kiss I spoke of earlier. I have my hopes.

Or maybe some jerk like Gerald will show up and be jerky and Diane and Lucy will beat the crap out of him. That could be a re-bonding experience, also.

Or Mr. Raven may show up at exactly the right or exactly the wrong moment.

While I would like the bonding experience of beating the crap out of some jerk, I don't think Dan will show anything like that in EGS.

The other options are not so likely either.

Whatever does happen in Friday's comic--assuming the next one is on Friday--TLoD shouldn't end there. Dan uses three digits after the TLoD in each of the filenames. The action will probably move away from Diane at times

As someone who was surprised by "short" story lines getting very long, Dan might use three digits even if he plans only like 30 pages, just to be sure.

but I think Diane may do something more legendary-y than get the girl or merge her little group with the Main Eight by the time of the last TLoD comic. Maybe we'll even go to Grace's nineteenth birthday party. Remember when Lucy murmured "I wish you were a boy" but Lucy didn't quite pick it up?

Diane might consider trying to integrate Lucy with her other friends, but remember those other friends have secrets which are not theirs to share. Edward Verres could stop being fine with them. I mean, the circle of eight already sort of expanded ...

... also, Lucy's comment needs not to be taken literally. Obviously, turning Diane into boy wouldn't actually help her any more than Justin turning Elliot into girl.

... and Grace's next party is probably going to be "everyone FV5". Which actually COULD help Lucy ... first, Diane would be more likely to kiss her, second, she would have something to blame when she kisses her. So yes, pity that getting Lucy to that party is unlikely to happen ... although ... actually, with the magic being public, maybe revealing Ellen has such spell wouldn't break that much trust. Of course, they shouldn't reveal Uryuoms or their technology ...

4 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Diane might consider trying to integrate Lucy with her other friends, but remember those other friends have secrets which are not theirs to share. Edward Verres could stop being fine with them. I mean, the circle of eight already sort of expanded ...

Let me remind you that Arthur J. Arthur is running things now and he's already brought Tedd aboard. Diane isn't just in on The Secret; she's part of it. You really think Diane won't have powers by the end of this arc?

12 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

so, Lucy's comment needs not to be taken literally. Obviously, turning Diane into boy wouldn't actually help her any more than Justin turning Elliot into girl.

Becoming a boy temporarily could help Lucy understand how far Diane will go for her. And let me remind you the MA5 NP arc is canon. And also remember, Susan did it. I can see Diane trying to make herself more like Susan in general.

17 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

and Grace's next party is probably going to be "everyone FV5". Which actually COULD help Lucy ... first, Diane would be more likely to kiss her, second, she would have something to blame when she kisses her.

I think you're exactly right about this.

18 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

So yes, pity that getting Lucy to that party is unlikely to happen ...

Uh, it's Grace's party. Grace is kind of hard to stop when she gets going. And it was Grace who set the gender-switch theme for the last party, basically to help Tedd. Grace notices things other people don't; she knew Sam was really female, and she noticed right away how similar Diane and Susan were. Plus Grace goes to Diane's school, and Grace has a special relationship with Adrian. Something else Grace will do or at least try to do is bring them together once she knows their true relationship.

5 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:
6 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Let me remind you that Arthur J. Arthur is running things now and he's already brought Tedd aboard. Diane isn't just in on The Secret; she's part of it. You really think Diane won't have powers by the end of this arc?

Not sure about end of this arc, but yes, DIANE is in. Lucy, on the other hand ...

Arthur J. Arthur was already running things when Edward talked about being fine. And he's unlikely to support the idea that friendship is more important than secrets.

5 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:
6 hours ago, hkmaly said:

So yes, pity that getting Lucy to that party is unlikely to happen ...

Uh, it's Grace's party. Grace is kind of hard to stop when she gets going. And it was Grace who set the gender-switch theme for the last party, basically to help Tedd. Grace notices things other people don't; she knew Sam was really female, and she noticed right away how similar Diane and Susan were. Plus Grace goes to Diane's school, and Grace has a special relationship with Adrian. Something else Grace will do or at least try to do is bring them together once she knows their true relationship.

... ok, that might happen. You're right that Grace is hard to stop AND she has weird ideas about what is her problem to solve ...

... and I already mentioned that if it's Ellen who's making everyone FV5 and not the TF gun (which is all kinds of top secret), it might not be THAT big problem to Edward ...

8 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Not sure about end of this arc, but yes, DIANE is in. Lucy, on the other hand ...

Arthur J. Arthur was already running things when Edward talked about being fine. And he's unlikely to support the idea that friendship is more important than secrets.

... ok, that might happen. You're right that Grace is hard to stop AND she has weird ideas about what is her problem to solve ...

... and I already mentioned that if it's Ellen who's making everyone FV5 and not the TF gun (which is all kinds of top secret), it might not be THAT big problem to Edward ...

...and we might finally get confirmation from Dan that Ellen's beam can reverse its Fv5 transformation as applied to a male. It has been shown to reverse itself when used on females but I can't offhand remember it being shown reversing its effect on a male even in a sketchbook or NP, and Dan has clearly stated his position that if it hasn't appeared in the story, it's not Canon.

15 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Grace notices things, but she's hardly infallible. For instance, she noticed Sam's body-type, but not that Sam's beard was fake...

Also (and I know we were just talking about this, but it's important), Sam is no more "really female" than Susan was "really male" when transformed for Grace's party. When it comes to gender, what matters is what's in a person's head, not what's between their legs.

4 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

Also (and I know we were just talking about this, but it's important), Sam is no more "really female" than Susan was "really male" when transformed for Grace's party. When it comes to gender, what matters is what's in a person's head, not what's between their legs.

I agree; my son is considering gender reassignment surgery. But Sam was (obviously) born with at least externally female anatomy--and while there are rare cases of genetic males who are born with female anatomy, it's far more likely that Sam is a genetic female who's mentally male. Unfortunately, even Tedd can't offer a permanent solution to that problem as yet, although it's quite possible Magus/Ellen knows how.

Realistically, Sam would be able to get surgery if he could afford it That's a fairly big "if", but it would be a permanent solution.

Dan hasn't really made clear what Diane's sexual orientation is, but I'm pretty sure she identifies as female herself, as does Susan, despite Susan's insightful experience at Grace's last birthday party. But I'm guessing she's like Ashley knows she is and Sarah hasn't quite admitted she is: attracted to both sexes, and capable of a lasting intimate relationship someone of either sex.

If any of you guys really want to explore gender and other issues with the bark on, try With Fetus, which actually came back to life a few days ago. The art's not-so-hot, but the writing is razor-sharp.

9 hours ago, Haylo said:

...and we might finally get confirmation from Dan that Ellen's beam can reverse its Fv5 transformation as applied to a male. It has been shown to reverse itself when used on females but I can't offhand remember it being shown reversing its effect on a male even in a sketchbook or NP, and Dan has clearly stated his position that if it hasn't appeared in the story, it's not Canon.

I'm certain it would reverse when used again on a male that Ellen's FV5'd, because she flat out refused to turn Tedd back to normal, I don't think that would have made for a good punishment if she couldn't have been considered an easy way to reverse the effect to begin with. Mind you Tedd probably didn't think being turned into a girl would be much of a punishment anyway, especially considering how Grace reacted to it.

On 10/5/2018 at 1:09 AM, Scotty said:
On 10/4/2018 at 3:36 PM, Haylo said:

I'm certain it would reverse when used again on a male that Ellen's FV5'd, because she flat out refused to turn Tedd back to normal, I don't think that would have made for a good punishment if she couldn't have been considered an easy way to reverse the effect to begin with. Mind you Tedd probably didn't think being turned into a girl would be much of a punishment anyway, especially considering how Grace reacted to it.

First, it's obvious everyone including Ellen ASSUMES it's work that way. Second, the device gave green light, that might've mean that yes it will reverse ... actually, the fact the beam can be reversed with TF gun despite being magic-based talks a lot about how same it works ...

On 10/4/2018 at 10:52 PM, Tom Sewell said:
On 10/4/2018 at 5:28 PM, ChronosCat said:

I agree; my son is considering gender reassignment surgery. But Sam was (obviously) born with at least externally female anatomy--and while there are rare cases of genetic males who are born with female anatomy, it's far more likely that Sam is a genetic female who's mentally male. Unfortunately, even Tedd can't offer a permanent solution to that problem as yet, although it's quite possible Magus/Ellen knows how.

He doesn't have anything ready, but he has a pretty firm grasp on how to make transformation wands that permanently change default form, sooooo ...

On 10/4/2018 at 10:52 PM, Tom Sewell said:

Dan hasn't really made clear what Diane's sexual orientation is, but I'm pretty sure she identifies as female herself, as does Susan, despite Susan's insightful experience at Grace's last birthday party. But I'm guessing she's like Ashley knows she is and Sarah hasn't quite admitted she is: attracted to both sexes, and capable of a lasting intimate relationship someone of either sex.

While quite possible she is capable of a lasting intimate relationship with someone of either sex, I think Sarah is different than Ashley: it actually seems Ashley PREFERS females, if only slightly, while Sarah prefer males, although she hasn't quite admitted how slightly ...

And Diane might easily prefer males even more than Sarah. Sure her crush or Nanase doesn't look completely platonic AND she may opt for relationship with female due to Elliot not being available AND possibly not knowing him as well as she thinks, but she would prefer male ...