• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
The Old Hack

Story Friday October 5, 2018

Dan gets some brownie points today. How cheerleading would solve this, I have no clue Y-E-T. So, go, Diane, T-L-O-D!! :demonicduck: 

And thus, we see Justin (again) in the background. Probably.

Yay for dramatic line background in panel two, and off-center starburst background in panel three!

6 hours ago, Stature said:

How cheerleading would solve this, I have no clue Y-E-T. So, go, Diane, T-L-O-D!! :demonicduck:

My guess is the "cheerleading" aspect is confined mostly to what we see in this strip - acrobatics and getting everyone's attention. I expect that next she'll make a public apology to all the boys at once, and/or tell everyone that none of the boys actually had sex with her.

4 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

Yay for dramatic line background in panel two, and off-center starburst background in panel three!

My guess is the "cheerleading" aspect is confined mostly to what we see in this strip - acrobatics and getting everyone's attention. I expect that next she'll make a public apology to all the boys at once, and/or tell everyone that none of the boys actually had sex with her.

She stated trying to deny anything likely wouldn't work, unless she manages to put the majority of the boys on the spot about lying, she'd probably have to use Tedd levels of badassery there though.

There's quite a reasonable fan theory that Kim Possible has to have superpowers without her gadgets to do all those spectacular acrobatic/athletic/martial arts things--and stay alive despite taking numerous hits. Maybe that provided extra inspiration for my latest amazing crackpot plot theory: Diane is actually awakening right now. While being marked by an Immortal was certainly a helpful step, remember that Nanase wasn't marked and it's not really clear whether Helena and Demetrius actually Awakened her or simply gave her her spellbook (if they did--not in canon who did, yet)  And also remember that magic has changed, minimally as far as the Will of Magic perceives it, but maybe not-so-minimally from beings who are not the Will of Magic.

Could Diane have had magic all along? I think Dan wouldn't have much trouble justifying that if he makes it so. Nanase and Justin might have noticed something, but most likely if they actually watched her cheerleading. Nanase has never been shown in any athletic competition and I don't think Diane was officially a cheerleader until she told Susan at the mall. I also don't think Adrian has ever seen Diane cheerleading; he doesn't strike me as a sports fan. Dan doesn't strike me as a sports fan, either. Anyway, spectacular acrobatics at the various games would help explain why Diane is in the cheer squad despite her bad reputations.

I don't know what Diane is going to do and I've decided not to share any guesses. But I do think Justin will still be around, and we're going to hear from him next week.

13 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

There's quite a reasonable fan theory that Kim Possible has to have superpowers without her gadgets to do all those spectacular acrobatic/athletic/martial arts things--and stay alive despite taking numerous hits. Maybe that provided extra inspiration for my latest amazing crackpot plot theory: Diane is actually awakening right now. While being marked by an Immortal was certainly a helpful step, remember that Nanase wasn't marked and it's not really clear whether Helena and Demetrius actually Awakened her or simply gave her her spellbook (if they did--not in canon who did, yet)  And also remember that magic has changed, minimally as far as the Will of Magic perceives it, but maybe not-so-minimally from beings who are not the Will of Magic.

I don't think Diane awakened or is close to it (also, I think Helena and Demetrius awakened Nanase AND gave her her spellbook).

However, that doesn't mean Diane's acrobatic talent is completely non-magical. Remember that Elliot had his "Tamashii Gekido" - clearly magical martial arts technique - long before awakening, AND both him and Justin were canonically capable of using illusions before awakening.

Similarly, we can assume Diane is dreaming and using magic in her cheerleading.

In fact, she certainly does, because come on: she landed ON TABLE. Puting aside it was superhero landing, unless the table is bolted into floor - and possibly even if it IS - it wouldn't keep standing like that after her landing on it - it would either break or move and quite likely tip over.

15 hours ago, Scotty said:
20 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

She stated trying to deny anything likely wouldn't work, unless she manages to put the majority of the boys on the spot about lying, she'd probably have to use Tedd levels of badassery there though.

I second this ... I mean, seriously, what is she going to do? Sure, she got everyone's attention, but that doesn't mean people will believe anything she said.