• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Stature

NP Friday October 5, 2018

Yay for starburst background in panel one!

...Yeah, I kinda figured Dan wouldn't be exploring the analogy between Bubbly Tea and real-life mind/mood altering substances. This is a section for quick joke strips, after all.

I still can't help but feel that Tensaided ought to be treating this situation more seriously, but in his defense he hasn't seen Susan acting particularly distracted and absent minded (and neither have we) and running has been her only instance of poor judgment he's/we've seen besides coming to work bubblied in the first place.

This raises the question of if he/we just haven't seen the worst of it yet, if the mental effects are not as strong as I've been assuming, or if it's like the Disguise Form spell and Susan can override it when she needs to.

19 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

...Yeah, I kinda figured Dan wouldn't be exploring the analogy between Bubbly Tea and real-life mind/mood altering substances. This is a section for quick joke strips, after all.

There is still next strip ... but yes, seems Susan is not THAT out of it. The physical effects are probably stronger than the mental.

I still can't help but feel that Tensaided ought to be treating this situation more seriously, but in his defense he hasn't seen Susan acting particularly distracted and absent minded (and neither have we) and running has been her only instance of poor judgment he's/we've seen besides coming to work bubblied in the first place.

We saw the description of the tea effect. Tensaided didn't and it's true that just because she's running and blond he shouldn't assume she has poor judgement ... and, yes, even we didn't saw anything like that yet.

This raises the question of if he/we just haven't seen the worst of it yet, if the mental effects are not as strong as I've been assuming, or if it's like the Disguise Form spell and Susan can override it when she needs to.

... or there is the override option. Or, maybe the mental effects are stronger just after drinking but the physical effects last longer.

7 hours ago, hkmaly said:

There is still next strip ... but yes, seems Susan is not THAT out of it. The physical effects are probably stronger than the mental.

It's probably the same as Elliot's secret ID forms and the goonmanji 2 mental effects in that they really only show if the person lets them show, so in this case Susan was letting the cheerfulness run things until she thought she was in trouble, since Tensaided seems to be ok with Susan being transform, she'll probably return to being cheerful though a bit more aware of safety. ;)

13 hours ago, Scotty said:
20 hours ago, hkmaly said:

It's probably the same as Elliot's secret ID forms and the goonmanji 2 mental effects in that they really only show if the person lets them show, so in this case Susan was letting the cheerfulness run things until she thought she was in trouble, since Tensaided seems to be ok with Susan being transform, she'll probably return to being cheerful though a bit more aware of safety. ;)

It SHOULDN'T. I mean, the Elliot's secret IDs are specifically designed that way, and in Goonmanji it was probably something Susan specifically insisted about to make them "not evil" ... the tea has no reason to be THAT convenient ... but I wouldn't be surprised if Dan would make it work that way.