• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Stature

Story Monday October 8, 2018

Ok. So she said she's virgin - exactly the think people are unlikely to believe her. Would be long wait till Wednesday :)

Also, I'm not sure: it is really hypocrisy announcing she's self-centered to crowded cafeteria? She didn't said she stopped, did she? :)

I wouldn't say no one will believe her, just that no one will admit to believing her.

The better question, how is this going to help Lucy?  Assuming Lucy's also never had sex - and we don't actually know that - why would anyone think she hadn't just because Diane hadn't?

Well, this may be the time that half of the main eight (In so far that it's still applicable) that goes to this school to support her. Justin at least as there's no way Dan showed him in the background just cause.

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

Ok. So she said she's virgin - exactly the think people are unlikely to believe her. Would be long wait till Wednesday :)

Also, I'm not sure: it is really hypocrisy announcing she's self-centered to crowded cafeteria? She didn't said she stopped, did she? :)

She's still putting the boys on the spot for lying though, not sure if she's reached Tedd Level Badassery just yet though, still got a couple comics to find out.

8 hours ago, WR...S said:

I wouldn't say no one will believe her, just that no one will admit to believing her.

The better question, how is this going to help Lucy?  Assuming Lucy's also never had sex - and we don't actually know that - why would anyone think she hadn't just because Diane hadn't?

Well, I've always had the impression Diane is the leader of the group; if that perception is shared by her schoolmates, the kids may think, "If Diane never did it, Lucy probably didn't either."

Also (and this works even if no one believes her), Diane is drawing all the attention to herself and not even mentioning Lucy and Rhoda; she may be figuring that if no one is thinking about Lucy no one will be thinking bad things about Lucy.

Of course those are just guesses as to what might be going through Diane's mind; I'm rather skeptical they would actually work.

EDIT: Oops, I missed it at first.

Yay for starburst background in panel one! (The starburst in the other panels don't get cheers because they're superimposed over what's actually there in-comic. But speaking of the other panels' backgrounds, those are some pretty nifty crowd-shadow figures.)

Edited by ChronosCat

13 hours ago, partner555 said:

Well, this may be the time that half of the main eight (In so far that it's still applicable) that goes to this school to support her. Justin at least as there's no way Dan showed him in the background just cause.

He was in background to hint that Diane was thinking about apologizing to him.

9 hours ago, ChronosCat said:
17 hours ago, WR...S said:

Well, I've always had the impression Diane is the leader of the group; if that perception is shared by her schoolmates, the kids may think, "If Diane never did it, Lucy probably didn't either."

... that would be very unfounded, nevertheless possible.

From Panel 3, we know for sure that Lucy and Rhoda are right there listening to every word Diane is saying.

But go back to Panel 2. Look in the lower right corner corner of that panel,  There are three people silhouetted. They are obviously beyond Diane's field of vision. They appear to be:

1. A tall boy with a shallow center part in his hair.
  2. A quite short person of indeterminate sex with hair in what looks like a bowl cut.
  3. A girl with bangs (maybe) and long hair.

I think they might be:

1. Justin
  2. Boy with bowl cut in the last panel of last Wednesday's comic. I really wanted to see Nanase, but the hair's wrong. Unless, of course,, Nanase got a haircut too.
  3. Grace or maybe Ellen (especially if #2 turns out to be Nanase after all)

Just Lucy and Rhoda have plenty of potential to cause a memorable experience for anyone making a stupid move, but there may be two or three more heavy hitters Dan has in his starting lineup..

2 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:
4 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Nanase? Haircut? Why would Nanase need haircut? Remember that haircuts cost money.

It's not canon whether Nanase ever got back the hair spell she lost last spring saving Ellen from Abraham. A change in hairstyle by whatever means would seem prudent after all that flying around asking people about Ellen.

She never lost that spell specifically (why would she?). She "lost" it along with everything else by being burned out, and that already ceased. She can change her hair anytime she wants with her magic. In fact, if you look at her current style, she is constantly using it to keep the hair half black half red - because without it, the line would move ... also her current hair color should be red as she's not burned out.

(... there MIGHT just not be enough time for it to show, but I think Dan mentioned it somewhere ...)

Just now, hkmaly said:

She never lost that spell specifically (why would she?). She "lost" it along with everything else by being burned out, and that already ceased. She can change her hair anytime she wants with her magic. In fact, if you look at her current style, she is constantly using it to keep the hair half black half red - because without it, the line would move ... also her current hair color should be red as she's not burned out.

(... there MIGHT just not be enough time for it to show, but I think Dan mentioned it somewhere ...)

it's been 3 weeks since she's got her magic back, prior to that she had died her hair red and then letting it grow out gave it the black, once she got her magic back her hair turned completely red again (before turning completely white that is). After the Guardian form wore off, she was back to the black/red look again which suggests that burnouts might not affect dyes...I say might because Susan is an example of Magic messing with dyed hair so I'm not really certain if Magic couldn't change Nanase dyed parts or if Magic deemed it unnecessary to do so at that moment, possibly in favor of trolling Ellen.

Anyway, 3 weeks of having her magic again should have been enough time to have red roots showing in her hair unless she magically kept them from showing.

I kind of thought having the silhouettes behind Diane being something more than anonymous was more interesting (and original) than an umpteenth debate about hair, But it's a free forum, and while we're on the subject of hair, doesn't Diane's hair remind any of you guys of Tiffany's helmet hair in Luann? Or, minus the free-floating topnot, Sam Manson's hair in Danny Phantom?

A thought on where Diane might be taking this. She's admitted to having been self centered, at the moment people could just blow this off as Diane trying to be the center of attention, but that could be avoided if Diane segues into talking about how if the same rumors about her are being applied to Lucy and Rhoda, then that's totally not cool because they would only have gained those through their association with Diane.

Basically Diane could be like "We could argue about whether the guys are lying or I'm lying till the cows come home, but Lucy and Rhoda are my friends and if you try to claim the rumors apply to them as well, then I will defend my friends!"

11 hours ago, Scotty said:

After the Guardian form wore off, she was back to the black/red look again which suggests that burnouts might not affect dyes...I say might because Susan is an example of Magic messing with dyed hair so I'm not really certain if Magic couldn't change Nanase dyed parts or if Magic deemed it unnecessary to do so at that moment, possibly in favor of trolling Ellen.

While Susan had her hair dye messed with, it was more complicated case than burnout. I think that despite the apparent trolling of Ellen, rules for burnouts are simple and consistent and yes, they don't mess with hair dye.

11 hours ago, Scotty said:

Anyway, 3 weeks of having her magic again should have been enough time to have red roots showing in her hair unless she magically kept them from showing.

Yes. Also, she likely got completely red hair after her burnout ended and switched them to the mixed ones before playing with fairy ... we didn't saw it but that was why Ellen asked.

11 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Or Nanase could just use one of Tedd's watches and set her hair any way she wants.

I guess she can scratch with left hand behind right ear too ... but not counting deliberately making it harder for herself, her spell is supposed to be general disguise spell and while originally limited to hair, it certainly can do more than Tedd's watches with five form limit and/or hard to use dynamic ones.

7 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

and while we're on the subject of hair, doesn't Diane's hair remind any of you guys of Tiffany's helmet hair in Luann? Or, minus the free-floating topnot, Sam Manson's hair in Danny Phantom?

No, it reminds us (or at least me and Susan) the Romulan hair style.

7 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

I kind of thought having the silhouettes behind Diane being something more than anonymous was more interesting (and original) than an umpteenth debate about hair

If those people are supposed to be there, they will be there no matter if they were shown as silhouettes or not. On the other hand, Dan used Ellen's silhouette before she appeared in comics, so there IS some prior case of using silhouettes ...

6 hours ago, Scotty said:

A thought on where Diane might be taking this. She's admitted to having been self centered, at the moment people could just blow this off as Diane trying to be the center of attention, but that could be avoided if Diane segues into talking about how if the same rumors about her are being applied to Lucy and Rhoda, then that's totally not cool because they would only have gained those through their association with Diane.

Basically Diane could be like "We could argue about whether the guys are lying or I'm lying till the cows come home, but Lucy and Rhoda are my friends and if you try to claim the rumors apply to them as well, then I will defend my friends!"

... Rhoda already doesn't have any problems and WE are not sure if Lucy had sex, she definitely would have same reason to get such reputation as Diane regardless the association. Of course, that said, it MAY be what Diane will try.

3 hours ago, hkmaly said:

... Rhoda already doesn't have any problems and WE are not sure if Lucy had sex, she definitely would have same reason to get such reputation as Diane regardless the association. Of course, that said, it MAY be what Diane will try.

She's had rumors about her, we don't know exactly what they were (I don't think the incident with Pandora appearing on TV with Rhoda would be the only thing people would talk about), we do know they were negative but Lucy stated that they weren't as widely accepted as the ones about her and Diane as there were people willing to defend Rhoda.

7 minutes ago, Scotty said:
4 hours ago, hkmaly said:

She's had rumors about her, we don't know exactly what they were (I don't think the incident with Pandora appearing on TV with Rhoda would be the only thing people would talk about), we do know they were negative but Lucy stated that they weren't as widely accepted as the ones about her and Diane as there were people willing to defend Rhoda.

It's hardly rumors if they don't spread at all.