• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
partner555

Story Monday Oct 22 2018

1 hour ago, partner555 said:

Okay, who saw this coming, because I certainly didn't.

Edit: http://egscomics.com/comic/tlod-028

Forgot link.

I sorta did.

1 hour ago, ijuin said:

Ok that was a kiss, but I think it's more of a BFF kiss than an "I want you for my lover" kiss, at least from Diane's side.

Based on what The Dan wrote in the comments, I wouldn't bet on it being "just a BFF" kiss.

1 hour ago, ijuin said:

Ok that was a kiss, but I think it's more of a BFF kiss than an "I want you for my lover" kiss, at least from Diane's side.

okay this is like, the third time I've seen people refer to a full mouth kiss as a BFF kiss, where the hell were these "just friends" kisses when I was growing up lol

My first thought was that this was part of the "dramatic announcement produces shockingly positive results" thing that seemed to be going on.  But Dan's commentary says otherwise, perhaps?

Well, Diane still hasn't technically asked Lucy out... :danshiftyeyes:

But seriously, this seems a little fast to me. Unless Diane already had a thing for Lucy (which has not been indicated) or is prone to impulsive actions (I don't remember any hints about this either, but I could be forgetting something), I really would have expected her to have to think about it for at least a few hours if not a few days in-story before giving any indication of interest in a relationship (except perhaps for telling Lucy that she's bisexual and is not completely ruling out the possibility).

...In other matters, I usually only cheer for actual backgrounds, not effects with foreground elements, but this is the closest thing in spirit to the old flowery backgrounds we've seen in a long time, so I'm going to make an exception. Yay for epic starburst with lens-flare in panel six!

4 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

But seriously, this seems a little fast to me. Unless Diane already had a thing for Lucy (which has not been indicated) or is prone to impulsive actions (I don't remember any hints about this either, but I could be forgetting something), I really would have expected her to have to think about it for at least a few hours if not a few days in-story before giving any indication of interest in a relationship (except perhaps for telling Lucy that she's bisexual and is not completely ruling out the possibility).

...In other matters, I usually only cheer for actual backgrounds, not effects with foreground elements, but this is the closest thing in spirit to the old flowery backgrounds we've seen in a long time, so I'm going to make an exception. Yay for epic starburst with lens-flare in panel six!

I mean, considering how long they've known each other, I think that it's not as fast as you make it out to be. In terms of fastness, Ellen was only just created a few months before, but she decided to date Nanase pretty quickly. Tedd and Grace got together pretty fast, despite the fact that Grace had only just met *another human being besides the ones from her childhood* in a month or so. Considering how long Diane has been double dating with Lucy, I'd say they have the most experience out of everybody regarding being on dates with each other.

3 hours ago, weirdee said:
7 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

I mean, considering how long they've known each other, I think that it's not as fast as you make it out to be. In terms of fastness, Ellen was only just created a few months before, but she decided to date Nanase pretty quickly. Tedd and Grace got together pretty fast, despite the fact that Grace had only just met *another human being besides the ones from her childhood* in a month or so. Considering how long Diane has been double dating with Lucy, I'd say they have the most experience out of everybody regarding being on dates with each other.

Then we have Elliot and Carol :) ... ok, this might be different but I would say that just because Dan hints they get together AND they are kissing doesn't mean they are already in relationship. This really seems impulsive, but Diane might already have experience kissing boys so why not to check how kissing girl compare? And to decide on relationship based on results :)

7 hours ago, showler said:

My first thought was that this was part of the "dramatic announcement produces shockingly positive results" thing that seemed to be going on. 

.... maybe?

15 hours ago, weirdee said:
17 hours ago, ijuin said:

okay this is like, the third time I've seen people refer to a full mouth kiss as a BFF kiss, where the hell were these "just friends" kisses when I was growing up lol

Maybe you just wasn't BFF with the right kind of girls? (Neither was I.)

19 hours ago, ijuin said:

...their mouths are open.  That's not a BFF kiss.

6 hours ago, weirdee said:

Well, I wasn't expecting an extended "will they or won't they" period, it's just that I don't see how more than a minute or two has passed since Diane learned Lucy was even interested in her; unless Diane already had feelings for Lucy or hasn't thought this through, that seems fast even considering everything you've said.

Mind you, I wouldn't be shocked if Diane did have feelings for Lucy; I'd also be willing to accept the idea that Diane thought very quickly if we learn what those thoughts were. In the meantime, however, not knowing what's going through Diane's head, it seems a bit jarring to me.

7 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

Well, I wasn't expecting an extended "will they or won't they" period, it's just that I don't see how more than a minute or two has passed since Diane learned Lucy was even interested in her; unless Diane already had feelings for Lucy or hasn't thought this through, that seems fast even considering everything you've said.

Mind you, I wouldn't be shocked if Diane did have feelings for Lucy; I'd also be willing to accept the idea that Diane thought very quickly if we learn what those thoughts were. In the meantime, however, not knowing what's going through Diane's head, it seems a bit jarring to me.

I think that all the pieces were more or less there, she just didn't put any of them together up until this moment. What she's looking for in a partner....somebody she's close to....somebody who cares about her deeply....if people weren't so adamant about adhering to specific physical preferences, I think they might feel the same way.