• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
AFNB

23 October 2018, Tuesday

To be fair, it's entirely possible that Rich didn't say anything terribly objectionable. He's clearly cracking wise about something, but let's face it. It could be entirely unrelated to Kitty or anything she cares about, and this could have been the outcome.

Possible, but knowing Rich it's highly unlikely.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/22235024

http://egscomics.com/sketchbook/2018-032

If this transformation was temporary and intended as "punishment", the long term effect would be not unlike Jerry's hammers.  It could actually encourage more bad behavior.

As for who did the transforming?  I know it is easy to blame Kitty.  But there are just too many ways this kind of change could happen in Moperville.  Even though extremely unlikely, this kind of change is possible even within the realm of random quantum fluctuation in our own "reality"*.

* I am still not convinced that our reality is actually real

Edited by Pharaoh RutinTutin
Spelling

A very cool outfit, and a cute look over all. Too bad it's on a character I dislike so much.

2 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Even though extremely unlikely, this kind of change is possible even within the realm of random quantum fluctuation in our own "reality"*.

* I am still not convinced that our reality is actually real

Possible, but extraordinarily unlikely.

As for "reality", what does it even mean for something to be "real"?

My point of view (which I've had since I was a child, long before hearing of René Descartes and possibly before hearing "I think therefore I am") is that thoughts (particularly those I experience) exist, but nothing else is certain. Still, many of those thoughts concern one particular "world" which is far more immersive than any others I am aware of, and as such it makes sense to treat that world in particular as if it and the actions "I" do within it matter.

14 hours ago, AFNB said:

To be fair, it's entirely possible that Rich didn't say anything terribly objectionable. He's clearly cracking wise about something, but let's face it. It could be entirely unrelated to Kitty or anything she cares about, and this could have been the outcome.

Possible, but knowing Rich it's highly unlikely.

Actually I find it quite likely. I mean, it's not like we know it's Kitty who's he talking to. She may be outside his view.

14 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

If this transformation was temporary and intended as "punishment", the long term effect would be not unlike Jerry's hammers.  It could actually encourage more bad behavior.

Not if it's longer every time. However, I'm not convinced it was intended as punishment.

14 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

I am still not convinced that our reality is actually real

Obviously our reality is just shadow. Amber is only true real world. At least Zelazny claims that.

12 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

A very cool outfit, and a cute look over all. Too bad it's on a character I dislike so much.

It's a proof transformation can make anyone cool.

12 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

As for "reality", what does it even mean for something to be "real"?

What makes you think "being real" is boolean value?

7 hours ago, Stature said:

... The Rich and goth trends are mildly showing?

This pin-up is not "rich" to me, though. 

Me neither.  Missing something.  Or maybe knowing that the person really is a slime ball even if they currently look like a hot goth cat girl is effecting my opinion of the piece as a whole.

18 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Because that's how it's usually used?

I take it you consider there to be different levels of "real"?

5 hours ago, mlooney said:

Me neither.  Missing something.  Or maybe knowing that the person really is a slime ball even if they currently look like a hot goth cat girl is effecting my opinion of the piece as a whole.

It doesn't affect my opinion of the artistic quality of the picture, but it certainly affects my enjoyment.

3 hours ago, ChronosCat said:
22 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Because that's how it's usually used?

I take it you consider there to be different levels of "real"?

Levels?

I consider "being real" being continuous quantity (soo, real value :)).

On 10/23/2018 at 9:30 PM, hkmaly said:

Boolean is boolean.  Real is real.    Using real values as boolean flags will result is Weird Things(tm) going on in your code.