• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
ChronosCat

Sketchbook Oct 25, 2018 - Book of Catgirlyness

21 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

Yay for catgirls!

Charlotte: "There must be all sort of various spells in this!" ... tries page 3: catgirls with tiger pattern .... tries page 7: catgirls with jaguar pattern ... tries page 27: black catgirls .... "is all the spells in this just various kinds of catgirls?"

45 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:
16 hours ago, Stature said:

We would have wanted an expanded version of some of the spellbooks already.

Spell books have not expanded.  They have contracted.

Also, spell books won't actually allow you to cast the spell, they just describe it. Apparently, this is not spell book, but books with actual spells :)

It can be magic catalysts or artifact created by immortal.

Charlotte: "It's a book. With spells in it."

Tedd: "Well, yes, but technically it's a wand."

Well, by the definition of "wand" that EGS has been using, a wand is any item that has both embedded spells and a magical-energy reservoir, and can theoretically be used by any Awakened Mage who has sufficient power-channeling ability to activate it and select a spell. The physical form of the object is irrelevant, though the physical size of the energy reservoir seems to scale with its capacity.

1 minute ago, ijuin said:

Well, by the definition of "wand" that EGS has been using, a wand is any item that has both embedded spells and a magical-energy reservoir, and can theoretically be used by any Awakened Mage

Actually, just dreaming is sufficient. Sarah is not awakened yet and could use wands even before being marked.

3 minutes ago, ijuin said:

who has sufficient power-channeling ability to activate it and select a spell. The physical form of the object is irrelevant, though the physical size of the energy reservoir seems to scale with its capacity.

The material also has influence ; presumably, smaller catalyst from better material could have bigger capacity than larger from worse

But generally, yes, exactly. The definition of wand doesn't include anything about object's shape, which must be confusing and sometimes funny to people learning about it.

Yes, the definition of "wand" is based on what it does, not what form it takes. The classic "handheld sticklike object" or larger sceptre/staff form are merely for convenience of carrying them around and aiming them at targets. A portable wand could be a large piece of jewelry such as a bracelet, or a piece of armor or apparel. At the other extreme, an entire monument might be constructed to store a vast amount of energy to cast a specific spell at a specific time . . . and now that makes me wonder if the Ancient Egyptians in EGS constructed the Great Pyramids for exactly that purpose.

17 hours ago, ijuin said:

Yes, the definition of "wand" is based on what it does, not what form it takes. The classic "handheld sticklike object" or larger sceptre/staff form are merely for convenience of carrying them around and aiming them at targets. A portable wand could be a large piece of jewelry such as a bracelet, or a piece of armor or apparel.

A hairpin might be usable for aiming ...

17 hours ago, ijuin said:

At the other extreme, an entire monument might be constructed to store a vast amount of energy to cast a specific spell at a specific time . . . and now that makes me wonder if the Ancient Egyptians in EGS constructed the Great Pyramids for exactly that purpose.

Makes sense.

1 hour ago, ijuin said:

I don't think Rhoda needs to refer to any spell books any more if she wants to shrink people.

She NEVER needed to.

12 hours ago, Scotty said:

It's not the first time this kind of spell book has been seen.

Heh, regarding the note on the second image, a scenario like that could become canon now if Rhoda decides to tell Diane and Lucy about her magic.

... nevertheless, she may pretend if she would think it would make Diane more likely to accept it.

(I mean, she doesn't KNOW that Diane already saw lot of magic from Nanase and therefore realizes neither books nor speaking is necessary)

14 minutes ago, ijuin said:

Which might in turn lead to another "YOU #&%$ING KNEW?!" moment when Rhoda finds out that Diane already knows about magic . . .

Diane: "You mean you didn't noticed Nanase floating around the school?"

While true that Diane knows more about magic than Rhoda assumes, it would be hard to pinpoint what exactly would warrant this reaction, because the existence of magic itself is something which can't be considered secret on their school.

(Also ... Raven was back teaching way too quickly, what is he, a wizard?)