• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
hkmaly

NP Monday November 5, 2018

5 hours ago, hkmaly said:

http://egscomics.com/egsnp/nanasecraft-10

It is possible the idea of choosing the third indentation was not so logical as it seemed to be ... also, humans can make reasonably round cylinder, but not sphere. But hey, magic is involved.

What if choosing an indentation didn't determine what Nanase transformed into, but more the success of her knocking down all the pins. like each indentation had a set path for the "ball" to travel, but only one path takes out all the pins.

Seems likely considering it required the "ball" to be shoved which should normally give even less control of where the ball would roll compared to properly throwing it.

12 hours ago, Scotty said:

What if choosing an indentation didn't determine what Nanase transformed into, but more the success of her knocking down all the pins. like each indentation had a set path for the "ball" to travel, but only one path takes out all the pins.

Seems likely considering it required the "ball" to be shoved which should normally give even less control of where the ball would roll compared to properly throwing it.

I referred to Nanase's reasoning that she should choose third indentation because Sarah is right-handed. Looking how she shoved her, I find hard to believe it mattered ... unless magic was looking for that.

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

I referred to Nanase's reasoning that she should choose third indentation because Sarah is right-handed. Looking how she shoved her, I find hard to believe it mattered ... unless magic was looking for that.

Asking Sarah if she was right or left handed might have been Nanase's way of flipping a coin or something, head=left, tails=right kinda thing, no real meaning other than a decision maker.

I would suspect that the middle indentation could have been if Sarah said she was ambidextrous.

10 minutes ago, Scotty said:
1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

Asking Sarah if she was right or left handed might have been Nanase's way of flipping a coin or something, head=left, tails=right kinda thing, no real meaning other than a decision maker.

I would suspect that the middle indentation could have been if Sarah said she was ambidextrous.

That would be very unfair coin flip.

Just now, hkmaly said:

That would be very unfair coin flip.

I dunno about fairness, but Dan seems to be portraying Nanase as someone who just wings it and manages to get things right despite her ridiculous methods.

Considering the choice of indentations: guys, you're overthinking it.

Have you ever noticed the small markings on a bowling lane?

bowling-lane-diagram.jpg

https://www.bowlingball.com/BowlVersity/bowling-lane-specifications

Those dots and arrows help with targeting the pins.

If you want to score a strike, what you do is this: target the second arrow from the right if you're right-handed or the second arrow from the left if you're left-handed. Give the ball a slight spin to make it curve inward and with some luck (or training), you'll hit the right pins that will make the rest fall over.

Here's a video that'll explain it better: