• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Pharaoh RutinTutin

NP Wednesday November 07, 2018

http://egscomics.com/egsnp/nanasecraft-11

Having grown up watching animated Canis latrans Geococcyx californianus documentaries, I am certain there should be a Nanase shaped indentation at least six inches deep on the back wall of the bowling lane.

As to the commentary?  Dan is correct. 
The path of the pins once hit by the ball has nothing to do with Newtonian physics. 
It is all Quantum uncertainty.

Just now, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Having grown up watching animated Canis latrans Geococcyx californianus documentaries, I am certain there should be a Nanase shaped indentation at least six inches deep on the back wall of the bowling lane.

Maybe the next puzzle will be a set of minecart tracks seemingly leading to a dead end, but painting a picture of a tunnel entrance will not only reveal the next room, but Nanase gets run over by a locomotive.

16 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

As to the commentary?  Dan is correct. 
The path of the pins once hit by the ball has nothing to do with Newtonian physics. 
It is all Quantum uncertainty.

Not with this big pins. Although it sure looks that way.

13 hours ago, Stature said:

Big pins, big strike, big whoomp, big ouch. Ouch. :demonicduck: 

Was she already unconscious after multiple hits to head at the point she hit the wall, or was she protected until transformed?

11 hours ago, Scotty said:

Maybe the next puzzle will be a set of minecart tracks seemingly leading to a dead end, but painting a picture of a tunnel entrance will not only reveal the next room, but Nanase gets run over by a locomotive.

Didn't you notice that the expected indentation is NOT there?

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

Didn't you notice that the expected indentation is NOT there?

Yeah? And getting run over by a train would leave her unharmed as well rather than flat as a pancake. ;)

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

Yeah? And getting run over by a train would leave her unharmed as well rather than flat as a pancake. ;)

Human run over by train is NOT flat as a pancake. Too heterogeneous. That can only happen in cartoon physics. (Also, in cartoon physics, character flat as a pancake is generally just injured, not dead.)

3 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Human run over by train is NOT flat as a pancake. Too heterogeneous. That can only happen in cartoon physics. (Also, in cartoon physics, character flat as a pancake is generally just injured, not dead.)

I'm not quite awake at the moment, so forgive me, but I don't think you caught that I was trying to be funny there. I was simply comparing Dan's brand of humor with the Pharaoh's Wile E. Coyote reference by coming up with another reference of my own that might seen Coyote-ish but done by Dan.

Getting hit by train in real life is a messy thing, but Nanase slamming into the wall like that should have been likely to break her nose at the very least, possibly crack or break a few ribs too, and definitely bruising all over. The fact that she's just dazed implies that maybe the magic involved in the puzzles prevents serious injury, so if there's a puzzle that results in Nanase getting hit by a train, the worst that's likely to happen to her is also getting knocked over and dazed rather than flattened like a coyote.

Although, if we happen to see a bike pump nearby, we'd probably be jumping into Bugs Bunny territory anyway, at least Nanase has Sarah around to reinflate her.

19 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Was she already unconscious after multiple hits to head at the point she hit the wall, or was she protected until transformed?

Feels like a "George of the Jungle" situation: The tree gets you knocked out. Although, the pins sure look denser than they seem.

6 hours ago, Scotty said:

I'm not quite awake at the moment, so forgive me, but I don't think you caught that I was trying to be funny there. I was simply comparing Dan's brand of humor with the Pharaoh's Wile E. Coyote reference by coming up with another reference of my own that might seen Coyote-ish but done by Dan.

Getting hit by train in real life is a messy thing, but Nanase slamming into the wall like that should have been likely to break her nose at the very least, possibly crack or break a few ribs too, and definitely bruising all over. The fact that she's just dazed implies that maybe the magic involved in the puzzles prevents serious injury, so if there's a puzzle that results in Nanase getting hit by a train, the worst that's likely to happen to her is also getting knocked over and dazed rather than flattened like a coyote.

Although, if we happen to see a bike pump nearby, we'd probably be jumping into Bugs Bunny territory anyway, at least Nanase has Sarah around to reinflate her.

The old squash-and-stretch to exhibit exaggerated motion of physics.

I'm not quite awake at the moment, so forgive me, but I don't think you caught that I was trying to be funny there.

I got you were trying, I just didn't find it funny enough to not nitpick.

While slamming into wall would probably result in more serious injury than what's shown (unless the wall is from some shock-absorbing elastic material like rubber or polyurethane, instead of rock as it seem to be), it's still closer to normal physics than coyote-level cartoon physics.

Note that besides the possibility of the puzzle having some protective effect, it's also possible NANASE has some protective magic on her. Remember how the scarf was enough to keep her warm.

4 hours ago, Stature said:
23 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Feels like a "George of the Jungle" situation: The tree gets you knocked out. Although, the pins sure look denser than they seem.

Not only the pins. She likely hit the floor multiple times while rolling.