• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Pharaoh RutinTutin

Story Wednesday November 14, 2018

http://egscomics.com/comic/tsos-02

Grace:  So how was your "Not Date"?
Sarah:  My...Oh!  It was good!

And thus ends the Secret of Sam.

Grace, Sarah has already talked to Adrian Raven about Pandora.  She will need to talk about PCR with you and the rest of the usual suspects soon enough.  And Sarah is resilient and insightful.  You don't need to treat her as if she is carrying raw eggs in a crystal basket.

Nearly forgot to ask.  Has Grace always kept her fangs extended in Squirrel-Girl form?
This seems new.

Edited by Pharaoh RutinTutin
Useless Detail Added

Just now, Tom Sewell said:

Gee, Grace is worried about telling Sarah about Pandora. That's interesting, since Sarah actually knows Pandora, whereas Grace has never met her.

Grace saw Sarah's reaction when Tedd told her about Pandora being reset (and that she successfully refreshed and thus would remember Sarah).

What Grace probably doesn't know yet, is that Sarah met with Adrian about it. I'd be curious if Tedd would object to Sarah doing that though, I mean, he knows Adrian and Edward aren't on good terms, but I don't think Edward is very concerned by the fact that Adrian is teaching the MSHS side of the main eight (as long as Adrian doesn't try teaching them like he did with Edward and Noriko that is). Tedd might want to meet Adrian after finding out Adrian's his godfather. I do hope that Sarah had mentioned Tedd to Adrian during their conversation though.

Soooo, how often Grace pretended she didn't meant to tear her clothes? I mean, it's fun fantasy, but I suspect she never did it because she doesn't want to damage them ... now, slipping out of clothes, maybe ...

And "no idea"? ... Does it mean they didn't realized it happened to all chimeras and uryuoms? I mean, that wouldn't exactly explain it, but it seems like something worth mentioning ... and it might help them realize it's because older magic systems started to work.

12 hours ago, Scotty said:
14 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Gee, Grace is worried about telling Sarah about Pandora. That's interesting, since Sarah actually knows Pandora, whereas Grace has never met her.

Grace saw Sarah's reaction when Tedd told her about Pandora being reset (and that she successfully refreshed and thus would remember Sarah).

Exactly. And it's not like she would have anything new to talk about, so not reminding it makes sense.

What Grace probably doesn't know yet, is that Sarah met with Adrian about it.

Did she? I mean, what is the time frame here? Maybe it didn't happened yet ... (Note that Sarah had Adrian's phone from Grace, so it can't be that much surprise).

I'd be curious if Tedd would object to Sarah doing that though, I mean, he knows Adrian and Edward aren't on good terms, but I don't think Edward is very concerned by the fact that Adrian is teaching the MSHS side of the main eight

I think Edward is professional enough to directly say "I don't like him, but he's good and it's safe to talk with him". Assuming they ask him, of course. Because it seems more likely they keep it secret ...

as long as Adrian doesn't try teaching them like he did with Edward and Noriko that is

... he might not even object to THAT, as long as it's not specifically Tedd (or Grace) who is being taught ... like, he might warn them to be sure if they really want that or something, but it's not like if Adrian teaching led to dark side, it's just that specifically in case of Edward and Noriko it cost them their relationship.

Tedd might want to meet Adrian after finding out Adrian's his godfather. I do hope that Sarah had mentioned Tedd to Adrian during their conversation though.

Not sure now is best time for that, but eventually yes. And Sarah is likely going to mention either Tedd or Grace in her conversation to explain where she got his number ...

17 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Nearly forgot to ask.  Has Grace always kept her fangs extended in Squirrel-Girl form?

This seems new.

I'm not sure how long that's been a thing, but I've definitely noticed it before. (Incidentally, I checked her earliest appearances; we see her fangs a couple of times during dramatic situations, but otherwise we usually don't see her teeth - or anyone else's - at all back then.)

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

... he might not even object to THAT, as long as it's not specifically Tedd (or Grace) who is being taught ... like, he might warn them to be sure if they really want that or something, but it's not like if Adrian teaching led to dark side, it's just that specifically in case of Edward and Noriko it cost them their relationship.

Raven blames himself for Noriko choosing her career over her family, but I believe he is overestimating his role in the matter. I have a hard time envisioning a scenario true to what we know of his character where Raven's influence over her was so powerful that the choice to abandon her family wasn't ultimately hers. Furthermore, we know Noriko and Mrs. Kitsune are part of a long line of monster hunters, and that she was severely disappointed in Tedd's seeming lack of magic; given these facts I can't help but think a large part of her motivation for divorcing Edward was a desire to have a child she could pass the tradition on to.

4 hours ago, ChronosCat said:
22 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

This seems new.

I'm not sure how long that's been a thing, but I've definitely noticed it before. (Incidentally, I checked her earliest appearances; we see her fangs a couple of times during dramatic situations, but otherwise we usually don't see her teeth - or anyone else's - at all back then.)

I would say that not seeing her teeth is most likely reason to not seeing if her fangs are extended.

4 hours ago, ChronosCat said:
7 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Raven blames himself for Noriko choosing her career over her family, but I believe he is overestimating his role in the matter. I have a hard time envisioning a scenario true to what we know of his character where Raven's influence over her was so powerful that the choice to abandon her family wasn't ultimately hers. Furthermore, we know Noriko and Mrs. Kitsune are part of a long line of monster hunters, and that she was severely disappointed in Tedd's seeming lack of magic; given these facts I can't help but think a large part of her motivation for divorcing Edward was a desire to have a child she could pass the tradition on to.

... also good point. While both Edward and Raven blames Raven for it, it's definitely possible it would happen even without him.

(On the other hand, note that Noriko was disappointed in Tedd's seeming lack of magic AFTER Raven was teaching her.)

4 hours ago, hkmaly said:

(On the other hand, note that Noriko was disappointed in Tedd's seeming lack of magic AFTER Raven was teaching her.)

Maybe some of the extra curricular classes Adrian gave Edward and Noriko involved the history of Noriko's family, and that's what made her become obsessed with continuing the family busness, which included ensuring the bloodline remains strong.

Yeah, I'm assuming that Adrian would know about Noriko's family, he's probably lived long enough to have heard of some of their exploits as they happened, or there was written works about them and other similar families that he read like he had learned about Abraham.

11 hours ago, Scotty said:
16 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Maybe some of the extra curricular classes Adrian gave Edward and Noriko involved the history of Noriko's family, and that's what made her become obsessed with continuing the family busness, which included ensuring the bloodline remains strong.

Yeah, I'm assuming that Adrian would know about Noriko's family, he's probably lived long enough to have heard of some of their exploits as they happened, or there was written works about them and other similar families that he read like he had learned about Abraham.

While possible, I would be very surprised if Noriko didn't knew her family history before Adrian's classes. Sure, Nanase didn't know it until recently, but her mother was actively hiding it from her ...