• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Scotty

NP, Wednesday November 14, 2018

12 minutes ago, Scotty said:

And Sarah becomes the largest breasted girl in the room.

Well, lizards shouldn't have mammalian glands, obviously ...

13 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Anyway, Nanase being colorblind is a challenge, obvious solution is Sarah needs to guide where Nanase puts her hands and feet. Will it be easier said than done though?

Definitely. And most importantly, it keeps the "two are needed to solve the challenges" theme running.

BTW, note that WE are effectively color blind too, with the comics in grayscale ...

Geckos, by the way, have much better color vision than ours - but not the same as ours.

In our retinas we have rods for black-and-white vision, including in very dim light, and cones for color vision but only in reasonably good light.

Gecko retinas have only cones, but their cones are more than twice as light-sensitive as our rods (which are about 100 times as sensitive as our cones).

And instead of having r-g-b cones, they have uv-g-b cones.

So, Dan is definitely correct that Nanase losing color vision is something HE added.

I find it rather impressive how this form manages to look feminine while having a flat chest. I expect I'm in the minority, but I think it's a good look.

(In fact, personally I like this form better than FV5 or any of the other big-breasted transformations Dan's drawn in the past.)

And now she sells insurance

Forgot to mention that while geckos do have very good vision overall, especially in low light, they are effectively red-blue colour blind.

In humans, red-green colour blindness is not unknown.  More common in males than females.

Could the walls now be coloured red with only subtle changes in shade and texture creating the patterns Sarah mentioned?  If so, Nanase would be effectively colour blind using her Lizard eyes.

Still, it has been a long time since Amanda announced that "Lizards are Cool".  We are long overdue for conformation.

Edited by Pharaoh RutinTutin
Useless Detail Added

4 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

Geckos, by the way, have much better color vision than ours - but not the same as ours.

In our retinas we have rods for black-and-white vision, including in very dim light, and cones for color vision but only in reasonably good light.

Gecko retinas have only cones, but their cones are more than twice as light-sensitive as our rods (which are about 100 times as sensitive as our cones).

And instead of having r-g-b cones, they have uv-g-b cones.

3 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Forgot to mention that while geckos do have very good vision overall, especially in low light, they are effectively red-blue colour blind.

In humans, red-green colour blindness is not unknown.  More common in males than females.

Could the walls now be coloured red with only subtle changes in shade and texture creating the patterns Sarah mentioned?  If so, Nanase would be effectively colour blind using her Lizard eyes.

Red and green are very close in spectrum. Humans are optimized to distinguish between them because blood is red and leaves are green, but for Geckos the UV is apparently more important.

So yes, I would conclude that the pattern on walls is red-green and likely deliberately use shades which make it invisible for people under Gecko transformation.

Question is: does she still see Sarah's blue clothes as being blue?

3 hours ago, Scotty said:
7 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Well, lizards shouldn't have mammalian glands, obviously ...

Dan's got a poll going that might change things.

4 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

I find it rather impressive how this form manages to look feminine while having a flat chest. I expect I'm in the minority, but I think it's a good look.

(In fact, personally I like this form better than FV5 or any of the other big-breasted transformations Dan's drawn in the past.)

I suppose the fact that I consider logical correctness of lizards not having mammalian glands to be more important than how sexy Nanase looks as lizard likely also puts me in minority.

(Also, yes, she still looks sexy to me.)

Just now, hkmaly said:

I suppose the fact that I consider logical correctness of lizards not having mammalian glands to be more important than how sexy Nanase looks as lizard likely also puts me in minority.

(Also, yes, she still looks sexy to me.)

I should have mentioned that I chose the no boobs option as well, I think Nanase still looks sexy there as well,  and we're not really a minority since at the moment the minority seems to be the "same size boobs" option and though interestingly enough, the higher percentage is for "smaller boobs" rather than larger. I dunno if that means they think Nanase looks weird flat chested, or they just think that anthro female lizards should still have some sort of noticeable chest to identify them as female.

Nanase's :P is rather cheeky, in one aspect. In the mood for some grub soon?

On 11/15/2018 at 11:36 AM, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

And now she sells insurance

But she does not have an English accent. Also, do not feed her Buffalo wings. :demonicduck: 

14 hours ago, Stature said:

But she does not have an English accent.

I think Dan planned on giving Nanase Craft one (or perhaps a fake English accent) at first. It hasn't really made it into the way her speech is written, though I seem to recall a few moments early on where her phrasing hinted at one to me.