• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!

ThanksgivingFiller2018.png

Happy Thanksgiving from TheHeroesOfCRASH.com!

If you know what this monster's from, you probably feel old right about now. And if you don't... well, then I probably feel old right about now.

I'm a sucker for holiday specials, and I still watch them every year. However, Thanksgiving seems to get overlooked, stuck between the two most marketable holidays for TV specials (But let's face it; Halloween and Christmas tend to play off children's greed, so of course they're easy to market). This picture pays homage to two of my favorite Thanksgiving specials. The dialogue, obviously, references A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving, whose legendary meal I long to reproduce one day. The picture itself, though, references a more obscure special: Nick's Thanksgiving Fest. This special first aired on Nickelodeon in 1989, and was comprised of several shorts, plus two major cartoons: "Thanksgiving Nightmare" and "Thanksgiving Dreams". This dough monster appeared in the latter cartoon, in which two children from a poor family dream about shrinking to six inches tall and partying with a living Thanksgiving meal in their kitchen. When the kids accidentally knocked a boxfull of yeast into a bowl of dough, this bizarre monster was created. If you saw Nick's Thanksgiving Fest, or saw my Daily Drawings in 2016, you probably remember this culinary creature quite well.

I decided to draw Enticia and Daisy for this picture; like the kids from the original special, I wanted to draw a pair of siblings, so it was between them and Cannon/Mackenzie. I love drawing Daisy, and felt that there should be at least one child, so I drew her and Enticia.

If you didn't see my update earlier this week, I wrote a tribute to Stan Lee, which you can access through a link on the main page of my site.

Once again, have a safe and happy Thanksgiving, everyone!