• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
hkmaly

Story, Friday Nov 23, 2018

I hope that A. Grace makes sure that the conversation is somewhere where no one will overhear, and B. she goes into it with a plan as to what she wants to accomplish and how she's going to approach the situation. This conversation has a lot of potential to upset Sam (which will upset Grace as well) if Grace isn't careful.   

Where would Grace find Sam? We do know Sam is still in high school, but which high school? The only  place we've seen Sam and Grace together is at Salty Crackers. Since Sam drove to Salty Crackers the night he met Sarah, he might not even live in Moperville, so he could be in a high school we've never heard of.

My favorite answer to this question is that Sam has been at Moperville North all along, but looks very different at school--in other words, like a girl. Hair in a bun, nerdy glasses, maybe even a little makeup--Sam could pull it off. However, this also means Grace couldn't meet Sam at school--unless there was some reason for students from both schools to be together, like, for instance, a basketball game.

50 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

The only  place we've seen Sam and Grace together is at Salty Crackers.

The day Sarah and Sam met, Sam stated he usually attends the card tournaments every other week, the past Friday was his "off week" so there is a decent chance that he'll show up to the comic shop this coming Friday and since it's currently Wednesday night going into Thurdsay in comic, Grace should see him in under 2 days and considering she seems committed to talking to Sam now, we'll probably skip right to Friday evening.

46 minutes ago, Scotty said:

The day Sarah and Sam met, Sam stated he usually attends the card tournaments every other week, the past Friday was his "off week" so there is a decent chance that he'll show up to the comic shop this coming Friday and since it's currently Wednesday night going into Thurdsay in comic, Grace should see him in under 2 days and considering she seems committed to talking to Sam now, we'll probably skip right to Friday evening.

Oh, I'm sure Grace will have no problem finding a way to talk to Sam privately at Salty Crackers.

Personally, I think there's even more potential for disaster in Grace recognizing Sam when Samantha is in her "normal" guise as a girl.

45 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Personally, I think there's even more potential for disaster in Grace recognizing Sam when Samantha is in her "normal" guise as a girl.

I suspect she wouldn't have problem recognizing him in that disguise when she sees him. In fact, part of that potential for disaster would be that she would recognize him without realizing he's in disguise.

2 hours ago, hkmaly said:

3 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

I suspect she wouldn't have problem recognizing him in that disguise when she sees him. In fact, part of that potential for disaster would be that she would recognize him without realizing he's in disguise.

I dunno, if Grace understands why Sam keeps being trans a secret,  she must realize there'd be times where he'd have to be presenting as female (job, parents, friends that don't know, etc) I suspect that Sam would only go to Salty Crackers presenting as male though.

13 minutes ago, Scotty said:
3 hours ago, hkmaly said:

I dunno, if Grace understands why Sam keeps being trans a secret,  she must realize there'd be times where he'd have to be presenting as female (job, parents, friends that don't know, etc) I suspect that Sam would only go to Salty Crackers presenting as male though.

Of course she realizes he needs to be presenting as female. She may still fail to notice he's presenting as female JUST NOW. Similarly how she had no problem noticing he's physically female because the disguise didn't worked on her.

3 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Of course she realizes he needs to be presenting as female. She may still fail to notice he's presenting as female JUST NOW. Similarly how she had no problem noticing he's physically female because the disguise didn't worked on her.

When she first met Sam, she didn't know that he was trans male and thought that a female with facial hair was very odd, now that she knows though, I don't expect her to see Sam presenting female and accidentally blurt out "Why don't you have your beard today?"

2 minutes ago, Scotty said:

When she first met Sam, she didn't know that he was trans male and thought that a female with facial hair was very odd, now that she knows though, I don't expect her to see Sam presenting female and accidentally blurt out "Why don't you have your beard today?"

Remember how Grace left that note for Adrian way back in Death Sentence? Grace might have a class with Sam, or leave a note in Sam's locker.

14 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Remember how Grace left that note for Adrian way back in Death Sentence? Grace might have a class with Sam, or leave a note in Sam's locker.

That's assuming Sam goes to MSHS still, and if he does, it assumes that Grace knows where his locker is, there's ~2000 people at the school, Sam's locker could be anywhere. There isn't any evidence that Grace has talked to Sam outside of Salty Crackers and they likely never talked about Sam being trans since the first time and it was only a week before that Grace even considered an issue with Sarah hanging out with Sam, so I don't think Grace would have needed a reason to know if Sam went to MSHS or where his locker would be before this moment.

8 hours ago, Scotty said:

That's assuming Sam goes to MSHS still, and if he does, it assumes that Grace knows where his locker is, there's ~2000 people at the school, Sam's locker could be anywhere. There isn't any evidence that Grace has talked to Sam outside of Salty Crackers and they likely never talked about Sam being trans since the first time and it was only a week before that Grace even considered an issue with Sarah hanging out with Sam, so I don't think Grace would have needed a reason to know if Sam went to MSHS or where his locker would be before this moment.

All true, as far as it goes. However, much as I like the basketball game scenario, the one that Dan can set up with the least work is probably one involving MSHS. 

I'm really hoping Dan goes with basketball, though, because cheerleaders

Actually, the setup that would require the least amount of work is almost certainly Sam showing up at Salty Crackers for the card tournament, while Grace works the counter.

Not that it would take all that much setup to establish the two of them having a class together at MSHS.

8 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

Actually, the setup that would require the least amount of work is almost certainly Sam showing up at Salty Crackers for the card tournament, while Grace works the counter.

Not that it would take all that much setup to establish the two of them having a class together at MSHS.

I particularly like this idea, which would allow Grace to use her skill at recognizing body structure despite the way that Sam has to be disguised at school.