• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
ChronosCat

Story, Monday Nov 26, 2018

http://egscomics.com/comic/tsos-07

I can definitely sympathize with Grace working herself into a panic (or near-panic) here, though for me it would usually be trying to plan out a potentially stressful conversation rather than trying to decide what expression to wear. In fact, I hardly ever think consciously about what expression to use, and when I do think about it in real life (as opposed to when picking smileys/emoticons/etc. online) I almost always decide it's safest to go with a neutral expression. :|

And while Grace is having her moral dilemma, Justin is writing a new entry for Not Always Right. :tongue:

Yep, Dan jumped to Friday night, though I did forget that Sarah would also likely attend another tournament, so there's potential for awkwardness in trying to talk to Sam while Sarah is present, which would explain why Grace wants to nudge Sam into telling Sarah with what she thinks are subtle hints.

It would be great if Grace caught Sam before Sarah arrived, but the last tournament isn't making that look possible.

5 hours ago, ijuin said:

Yeah, don't you just hate it when somebody assumes that you should just somehow know something despite having absolutely no way to know it?

That is no mere customer.

That is obviously a middle-departmental manager.

18 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

I can definitely sympathize with Grace working herself into a panic (or near-panic) here, though for me it would usually be trying to plan out a potentially stressful conversation rather than trying to decide what expression to wear. In fact, I hardly ever think consciously about what expression to use, and when I do think about it in real life (as opposed to when picking smileys/emoticons/etc. online) I almost always decide it's safest to go with a neutral expression. :|

If I every tried to think about what expression to wear, I would DEFINITELY work myself into a panic. And I suspect my normal expressions are scary.

12 hours ago, ijuin said:

Yeah, don't you just hate it when somebody assumes that you should just somehow know something despite having absolutely no way to know it?

... wifes and girlfriends are like this, aren't they? :)

6 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

That is no mere customer.

That is obviously a middle-departmental manager.

He is customer in this shop, but yes he does seem to be manager somewhere ...

BTW, can't they, like, send those comics by snail mail?

28 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

The guy would have to have provided a mailing address for that, and since he didn't provide a phone number of the new residence, nor leave any notification of having moved at all....

Yeah Justin could ask for a mailing address now, but chances are the "customer" would expect Salty Crackers to cover postage considering the guy seems to be calling for the fact that he got charged for comics he ordered but failed to pick up.

4 hours ago, Scotty said:
5 hours ago, hkmaly said:

The guy would have to have provided a mailing address for that, and since he didn't provide a phone number of the new residence, nor leave any notification of having moved at all....

Yeah Justin could ask for a mailing address now, but chances are the "customer" would expect Salty Crackers to cover postage considering the guy seems to be calling for the fact that he got charged for comics he ordered but failed to pick up.

Obviously I mean Justin should be asking now. And, yes, I guess the customer wouldn't like to pay the postage ... he might still consider it better alternative than driving here. Unless he already bought the same comics elsewhere.

Just now, hkmaly said:

Obviously I mean Justin should be asking now. And, yes, I guess the customer wouldn't like to pay the postage ... he might still consider it better alternative than driving here. Unless he already bought the same comics elsewhere.

It's pretty clear from Justin's side of the conversation that the customer was trying blame Salty Crackers for the issue. When Justin mentioned they don't have a database that automatically knows, that must have meant the guy tried to claim that it wasn't his responsibility to notify the story that he had moved. It's ridiculous, but it's not rare for some people to try to blame others for something they could have avoided if they used common sense, but sadly there are lawyers that make a career out of winning lawsuits for people who have no common sense.

9 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Unless he already bought the same comics elsewhere.

If the customer had not purchased the comics elsewhere, Salty Crackers would probably be glad to pay the postage once and be done with the jerk.

The problem is if the customer is demanding a refund, and the materials are unlikely to be purchased by the normal Salty Crackers clientele.

13 hours ago, Scotty said:

they could have avoided if they used common sense

... well, based on MY experience with moving, forgetting something like this in all that would be easy. Of course, that doesn't make ok to blame others for that ... even if after updating your address on twenty places you may feel like you updated all existing databases ...

Just now, hkmaly said:

... well, based on MY experience with moving, forgetting something like this in all that would be easy. Of course, that doesn't make ok to blame others for that ... even if after updating your address on twenty places you may feel like you updated all existing databases ...

It would be nice if updating address info and such in one place would update to other places, especially when dealing with government related stuff, so I wouldn't have needed to update my address for my driver's license, health card, Canada Revenue, all separately....

2 hours ago, Scotty said:
2 hours ago, hkmaly said:

It would be nice if updating address info and such in one place would update to other places, especially when dealing with government related stuff, so I wouldn't have needed to update my address for my driver's license, health card, Canada Revenue, all separately....

I wouldn't mind updating it on multiple places if I could do it from home, over internet, by running nice simple open source application ...