• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Tom Sewell

Story, Wednesday, November 28, 2018

To be sure, there are a lot of parts of the face that can be difficult to shave.  And that patch on the chin under the lower lip is particularly annoying.  I know I have cut myself there more than once.  There are times when I have asked myself, "why bother?"  But every day I scrape that slice of steel across the square inch of face that contains every texture available to my skin type.

Now I really want to see some actual footage from last week's big search scene.

And Justin, how could you say that the unfortunately-named-cheerleader-themed-super-heroine is Grace's sidekick?  You know very well that they both work for the Mastermind Tedd.

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

To be sure, there are a lot of parts of the face that can be difficult to shave.  And that patch on the chin under the lower lip is particularly annoying.  I know I have cut myself there more than once.  There are times when I have asked myself, "why bother?"  But every day I scrape that slice of steel across the square inch of face that contains every texture available to my skin type.

I clip down my soul patch once in awhile, but mostly I just trim my mustache. I've let the rest of my beard grow out because, unlike what head hair I have, It's turned gray or white, and I don't have to show ID to any bus drivers to get the senior fare.

I think the reason Dan gave Luke a soul patch is because there's another regular at Salty Crackers who had glasses,  hair and a chin beard like Luke's but in different colors. And since we're in grayscale now, it would be harder to tell them apart.

So, Dan decided he didn't like the look of the soul patch (and apparently a number of fans agreed with him), so he edited the comic to give Luke his original facial hair back.

Personally I don't really like either look all that much, but I don't think the soul patch looked any worse than the mini-beard he has now.

It would be interesting to see how Grace would answer Luke's question, Luke knows from Justin that an Immortal was responsible for giving people magic marks, Grace wouldn't be betraying anyone's trust if she stated that the lights were caused by an Immortal, as for why she ducked out early... I dunno how much she could say about Tedd to say that she was worried that him not answering calls was somehow related. I dunno if Luke mentioned anything to Justin about what happened when he "looked" at Tedd, if Luke was at least partially clued in by Justin about as much as Luke knows about Grace, she might be able to come up with something that's not the full truth, but not really lying either, I dunno.

she could just avoid that altogether by returning to the Sam dilemma and maybe partially tell them about it, not revealing the subject but maybe along the lines of "it's more of a personal matter where I know something about someone but I think someone else needs to know, but I don't want to betray the first person's trust so I'm trying to figure out how to talk to them about maybe telling the other person themself." If Justin asks how bad of a betrayal it would be, Grace could probably equate it with how Justin was outed. which I'm sure Justin would understand.

Actually there is a time when Grace and Cheerleadra were flying together: When they arrived just after not-Tengu crashed back in Family Tree, which was around a month ago in Moperville time. Luke also thinks Grace might be the "shadow guy" who is really Noah, yet another flyer. So it's very plausible that Luke totally believes Grace is Cheerleadra's sidekick at this point.

There are so many things that could complicate the situation here at Salty Crackers. Here are a few possibilities:

• Rich and Larry again--practically mandatory.
  • Melissa decides to show up to see Justin--and brings along Noah, which means that Luke could figure out Noah is really the Shadow Guy.
  • That guy who Noah was talking to over his phone comes over, or maybe he's already there. Want to bet he's not marked? (Or, for that matter, he's a she?)
  • Lucy and Diane show up. Lucy's a credible fan of this fantasy card game, and Diane would probably like to make a griffin-based deck.
  • Tedd again.
  • And, of course, Pandora. The greater the numbers of her family showing up, the more credible.

16 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Interesting. I don't have any problems with that particular spot ... I usually cut myself on sides around the jaw ...

16 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

And Justin, how could you say that the unfortunately-named-cheerleader-themed-super-heroine is Grace's sidekick?  You know very well that they both work for the Mastermind Tedd.

Buuut I suspect THAT is still secret. Seriously, Luke has no need to know about seers.

6 hours ago, Scotty said:

I dunno if Luke mentioned anything to Justin about what happened when he "looked" at Tedd

... although, good point, he sort of already knows. But I don't think Justin knows about Luke knowing that ...

6 hours ago, Scotty said:

she could just avoid that altogether by returning to the Sam dilemma and maybe partially tell them about it, not revealing the subject but maybe along the lines of "it's more of a personal matter where I know something about someone but I think someone else needs to know, but I don't want to betray the first person's trust so I'm trying to figure out how to talk to them about maybe telling the other person themself." If Justin asks how bad of a betrayal it would be, Grace could probably equate it with how Justin was outed. which I'm sure Justin would understand.

That would actually be dangerous. Based on her behaviour, they ARE going to notice later that she is interested in Sam and it would be easy to realize she was talking about him. So, it will be better if she told the other half, about wanting to encourage Sam and Sarah relationship, and NOT provide reason why it's complicated.

4 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Actually there is a time when Grace and Cheerleadra were flying together: When they arrived just after not-Tengu crashed back in Family Tree, which was around a month ago in Moperville time.

Also, Grace and Cheerleadra were responding to the fire guy in ASMA dojo.

Luke also thinks Grace might be the "shadow guy" who is really Noah, yet another flyer.

I don't think so. He thinks they are related (not necessary blood-related) but not same person.

And, of course, Pandora. The greater the numbers of her family showing up, the more credible.

Waaaay too early for Pandora, IMHO.

But others mentioned, yes ... on the other hand, I don't think there NEEDS to be any other person for additional complications. Grace would be fully capable of overcomplicating it alone.

3 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Yes, they did work together, but inside the dojo, which they didn't enter until after the only civilian that saw the fire guy inside the dojo ran out past them. On the other hand, Noah and Cheerleadra ware seen with the dragon out in the open, and there were enough witnesses to attract Carol Brown to the scene in time to get kissed by Heidi on the air.

34 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:
56 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Yes, they did work together, but inside the dojo, which they didn't enter until after the only civilian that saw the fire guy inside the dojo ran out past them. On the other hand, Noah and Cheerleadra ware seen with the dragon out in the open, and there were enough witnesses to attract Carol Brown to the scene in time to get kissed by Heidi on the air.

I don't think there were any witnesses to them flying in Family Tree either, although the chance is likely higher than in the case of dojo.

On the other hand, Cheerleadra and Noah were not fighting at same time ; yes, they both responded to the dragon, but Noah only arrived when Cheerleadra was out, which don't exactly support the idea of them being connected and fighting together.

11 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Melissa decides to show up to see Justin--and brings along Noah, which means that Luke could figure out Noah is really the Shadow Guy.

I dunno about this one, last we saw Melissa in the main story, she seemed unlikely to ever want to actively try to see Justin again, it would be more likely if Noah insisted on stopping by the comic shop for some reason and convincing Melissa that it wouldn't hurt to at least say hi.

3 hours ago, Scotty said:

I dunno about this one, last we saw Melissa in the main story, she seemed unlikely to ever want to actively try to see Justin again, it would be more likely if Noah insisted on stopping by the comic shop for some reason and convincing Melissa that it wouldn't hurt to at least say hi.

Yes, it's been seven years in our time and around nine months in Moperville since Melissa was last seen (April 15 of the previous year according to the Shivepedia timeline.), and I have no idea whether or not Dan ever intends to bring back Melissa. But if he wants to, this would be an interesting time and place to do it. 

Just now, Tom Sewell said:

Yes, it's been seven years in our time and around nine months in Moperville since Melissa was last seen (April 15 of the previous year according to the Shivepedia timeline.), and I have no idea whether or not Dan ever intends to bring back Melissa. But if he wants to, this would be an interesting time and place to do it. 

Especially considering Noah's been making appearances again, considering what we know about what Melissa knows about Noah, one would wonder just how much she knows and if there's potential for Noah to be shown talking about recent developments with her.

On 11/29/2018 at 5:22 PM, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

The biggest reason for Noah to approach Grace at Salty Crackers would be to discuss Adrian Raven with her outside school.

I wonder if Noah is aware of Sarah's visiting his dad.  ( :-D )  It does seem to be what inspired Adrian to finally clean up and shave....

15 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:
On 11/30/2018 at 0:22 AM, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

The biggest reason for Noah to approach Grace at Salty Crackers would be to discuss Adrian Raven with her outside school.

I wonder if Noah is aware of Sarah's visiting his dad.  ( :-D )  It does seem to be what inspired Adrian to finally clean up and shave....

Uuuh, I think Raven is professional enough to clean up and shave before going to school. Or at least put on illusion of that.

16 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Uuuh, I think Raven is professional enough to clean up and shave before going to school. Or at least put on illusion of that.

He could be on compassionate leave, or using accumulated vacation time, or just be calling in sick.  It was pretty clear he was letting things go after losing his mother.  I doubt he's used much legitimate sick leave in his time there, or even gone on many vacations, plus I really doubt he's ever used "my mother died" as an excuse before....

4 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:
21 hours ago, hkmaly said:

He could be on compassionate leave, or using accumulated vacation time, or just be calling in sick.  It was pretty clear he was letting things go after losing his mother.  I doubt he's used much legitimate sick leave in his time there, or even gone on many vacations, plus I really doubt he's ever used "my mother died" as an excuse before....

It was also Friday. He could be "letting things go" for two days before thinking what to say in school. Although yes, there would be options how he can obtain more time. I sort of think he WAS taking some vacations to be with Noah, but just saying his mother died would be extremely believable and completely explain how he's not in mood to discus details. (Meanwhile, I don't think he would try to lie in his state.)