• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Tom Sewell

Story Friday, November 30, 2018

http://www.egscomics.com/

I put this up over two hours ago and still no responses. So I'll put something in this one.

I wonder how long it will take Luke to notice that Sarah has a magical aura that she didn't have two weeks ago. Possibly Luke may refrain from looking at auras tonight after what Grace said to him.

Edited by Tom Sewell
Had time to think it over.

Just now, Tom Sewell said:

I wonder how long it will take Luke to notice that Sarah has a magical aura that she didn't have two weeks ago. Possibly Luke may refrain from looking at auras tonight after what Grace said to him.

Luke never got a chance to "look" at Sarah that time, he was going to but got sidetracked by Tedd and Grace.

I actually didn't consider that what Grace did to Sam was similar to what Luke did to her. I do like her reaction to it though, it's definitely a Grace reaction.

Grace is still not quite accustomed to dealing with people who aren't used to magic.
Maybe if Luke gets a few other questions answered he will become less nosy about Grace and the other usual suspects.
And Grace, the Ostrich Survival plan rarely works for anyone other than ostriches.

So, Tedd came along too. I wonder if he's just going to be in the background, or if he has a part to play in whatever is coming next?

12 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

I put this up over two hours ago and still no responses.

There usually isn't a lot of responses in the first few hours after the comic is posted; apparently most of the current forumites are busy (at sleep, work, or whatever) at that time. Personally, I'm usually getting ready for bed when the comic posts, and on nights where Dan is late or I need to get to bed earlier than usual I don't get around to reading it until I have some free time the next day.

12 hours ago, Scotty said:
17 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Luke never got a chance to "look" at Sarah that time, he was going to but got sidetracked by Tedd and Grace.

Also, Sarah DID had a mark at that time already. She only NOTICED later, but she was almost certainly marked during that evening.

12 hours ago, Scotty said:

I actually didn't consider that what Grace did to Sam was similar to what Luke did to her. I do like her reaction to it though, it's definitely a Grace reaction.

Yes, very Grace.

10 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Grace is still not quite accustomed to dealing with people who aren't used to magic.
Maybe if Luke gets a few other questions answered he will become less nosy about Grace and the other usual suspects.

Problem is they don't really have any GOOD answers. Like, Luke would like to know who marked him and why, but they can only GUESS it was Pandora ... and I guess they MIGHT tell him it was attempt to give her son better world to live in, but I suspect they still don't know that bit.

4 hours ago, ChronosCat said:
17 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

I put this up over two hours ago and still no responses.

There usually isn't a lot of responses in the first few hours after the comic is posted; apparently most of the current forumites are busy (at sleep, work, or whatever) at that time. Personally, I'm usually getting ready for bed when the comic posts, and on nights where Dan is late or I need to get to bed earlier than usual I don't get around to reading it until I have some free time the next day.

I'm usually getting ready for bed around that time as well, for relatively vague "around". Sometimes I'm still awake when comics goes up, sometimes I'm not, but I definitely sleep two hours later.

2 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Also, Sarah DID had a mark at that time already. She only NOTICED later, but she was almost certainly marked during that evening.

Yeah, pretty sure Dan intentionally set up the scene for Luke to be distracted so that we wouldn't see that Sarah had an aura and conclude that she must have been marked before the "Oh Snap!" moment.

7 hours ago, Scotty said:

Yeah, pretty sure Dan intentionally set up the scene for Luke to be distracted so that we wouldn't see that Sarah had an aura and conclude that she must have been marked before the "Oh Snap!" moment.

Yes, some of us found that suspicious at the time.  It's a trick J. K. Rowling is especially fond of...."Here's one little thing not yet done but oooh, look at the shiney new development, don't pay any attention to what I've just interrupted!"  Why specifically leave off Sarah from the list of those he'd "looked" at?

2 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

Yes, some of us found that suspicious at the time.  It's a trick J. K. Rowling is especially fond of...."Here's one little thing not yet done but oooh, look at the shiney new development, don't pay any attention to what I've just interrupted!"  Why specifically leave off Sarah from the list of those he'd "looked" at?

yeah, mind you, I didn't start reading the comic or using these forums until halfway through the second part of Squirrel Prophet (when Sarah and Sam made plans for the "not date") so I don't know what everyone's reaction was to Luke not having looked at Sarah. It certainly didn't register as out of the ordinary at the time I first read it and one could have assumed that because Luke was iffy about looking at Tedd again (because he had ruled out George being the source of the flash) and Sarah being almost always near Tedd made it difficult to get a clear look at her without catching Tedd again.

14 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:
22 hours ago, Scotty said:

... which reminds me ... forums from that time are likely completely gone now right ...?

14 hours ago, hkmaly said:

... which reminds me ... forums from that time are likely completely gone now right ...?

You can reach the first pages of some of the threads on the first page of some of the forums via the wayback machine, but otherwise I would assume so.

(Mind you, that's from 2016; I haven't investigated to see if any of the archives from earlier have anything accessible.)