• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
The Old Hack

Things that make you sad.

Light is dark, dark is light, or whatever ...

Virginia burning 'Fahrenheit 451' was twisted enough. Then a community in Tennessee banned 'Maus'. ... any clue where this is going?

<eye roll> Almost beyond belief.

"Texas governor directs state agencies to investigate gender-affirming care for trans youths as ‘child abuse’"

A follow-up article. He sounds like a peach of a guy. Heart of stone.

In terms of the degree in which it has been pulled out of ones derriere our current state of affairs in general is seeing some world class efforts.

This particular 'effort' is particularly jaded. The Texas legislature failed to pass this as a law (given that it's Texas, you have to wonder why), then Attorney General Paxton decided 'We can use the existing laws to carry this forward anyway'.

He doesn't smell like a true believer, and the Governor, Abbott, is backing him, and is facing a reelection. it sounds like Greg Abbott is pandering to his base, and Ken Paxton is following orders.

Paxton argues that children cannot legally consent to sterilization, a stance that perhaps confuses the science behind reversible puberty blockers, which pause puberty until they can reach an age when they are able to make more permanent medical decisions.

Clearly just wrong.

“There is no doubt that these procedures are ‘abuse’ under Texas law, and thus must be halted,”

There is plenty of doubt, that is obvious even to a one-eyed crab crawling sideways on Galveston beach. (That is rhetorical. Sea life does not actually care about this.)

Paxton’s office did not respond to a request for comment from The 19th. 

The general 'we know we are weasels' response.

Paxton is being investigated for other stuff, so this may be  Hail Mary political play.

I hope someone goes after him for practicing medicine without a license.

1 hour ago, Darth Fluffy said:

I hope someone goes after him for practicing medicine without a license.

To bad that's not a federal crime.  Getting a state law enforcement agency to investigate one of their own for that sort of thing isn't going to happen most of the time.

9 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Gilbert Jeremy Gottfried

February 28, 1955 – April 12, 2022

Is it possible to be so offensive that you become endearing?

Folks remember the better points, I guess. He was a bit younger than I am. Scary stuff.

Trivia: Gilbert Gottfried played Abraham Lincoln. Apparently, his most successful roles were a duck and a parrot.