• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
ChronosCat

NP Wednesday Dec 5, 2018

So yes, touching red spot would only make that person change to human, which would make them fall to ground. Then they would need to try again.

55 minutes ago, ChronosCat said:

I'm wondering what you're doing there too, Elliot. Breaking the fourth wall to explain things is the Germahn Labs crew's job, why isn't one of them here? Are they all on vacation or something?

I'm wondering WHO told Elliot. Maybe Lisa? I mean, she has obvious motivation for making Elliot transform ...

This is supposed to be a game parody,.

But Mall Elliot's appearance reminds me of some great movie scenes.

The Historian in Holy Grail
The Criminologist in Rocky Horror
Criswell in Plan 9

In Classical Greek theatre, the chorus would narrate much of the story instead of having the thespians act out every scene.

In silent pictures, title cards were vital to advancing or explaining the action.

In our world of "Show and Tell", we have become too dependent upon the Show.  I want more Tell.

59 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

59 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

In our world of "Show and Tell", we have become too dependent upon the Show.  I want more Tell.

Yeah but in the case of video games, many developers focus too much on the Video and not enough on the Game, I remember Metal Gear Solid 4 getting a lot of flak for long and numerous cutscenes punctuated by short bursts of gameplay.

7 hours ago, Scotty said:
8 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

8 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Yeah but in the case of video games, many developers focus too much on the Video and not enough on the Game, I remember Metal Gear Solid 4 getting a lot of flak for long and numerous cutscenes punctuated by short bursts of gameplay.

It's also interesting how many games are using more powerful computers of today to show SIMPLER maps than, say, Doom (original) or Duke Nukem 3D. And I know exactly where this trend leads to: Simplify the map to just one place where you will keep dropping the enemies to, in front of the hero.