• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
ChronosCat

Sketchbook Tuesday Dec 11, 2018

http://egscomics.com/sketchbook/2018-044

I kinda wish Dan had gone with his initial impulse and made the guys shirt-less -- or at least Justin.

I also think Ashley's over-dressed. In my opinion, the ideal "outfit" for tiny insect-winged Fairies is naked, and the next-best option is a leaf-tunic with bare feet. (I also like the default bodysuit of the Fairy Doll spell, but that's a very unconventional fairy outfit, and since she doesn't have a tail Ashley does not appear to be using the fairy doll spell.)

8 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

I kinda wish Dan had gone with his initial impulse and made the guys shirt-less -- or at least Justin.

I'm surprised shirtless version wasn't alternative on Patreon.

8 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

I also think Ashley's over-dressed. In my opinion, the ideal "outfit" for tiny insect-winged Fairies is naked, and the next-best option is a leaf-tunic with bare feet. (I also like the default bodysuit of the Fairy Doll spell, but that's a very unconventional fairy outfit, and since she doesn't have a tail Ashley does not appear to be using the fairy doll spell.)

While I see the advantage of "naked", it would surprise me from Dan ... and I don't think Ashley's outfit is any worse than fairy doll default EXCEPT the shoes. Yes, the shoes totally don't fit and fairies should be barefoot.

Regarding the spell used, I doubt the tail is mandatory part of spell AND we are not exactly sure she doesn't have one. In any case, Dex's fairy doesn't have one (and is even more overdressed AND in high heels ... actually, even Nanase's Grace doll have shoes ...).

So, who or what is the fairy? It's nice that in EGS we have multiple options:

1) It can be really Ashley, transformed, although given her size it would be hard spell (possibly Rhoda's, she's only one so far having spell like this ; although ... maybe Ellen could be able to do it with her copy spell? She WAS able to copy the cat, which wasn't much bigger ...).

2) It can be Ashley's avatar, probably without persistence but similar spell like Nanase's or Susan's fairy.

3) It can be spell more similar to Dex's one, although then it's weird she looks like Ashley - Dex's fairy doesn't look anything like him. And, it can be anyone using such spell, not just Ashley.

4) Speaking about someone else using the spell, it can be Nanase's fairy based on her transforming to Ashley, OR Susan's fairy based on doll Nanase did for her when transformed to Ashley. Only issue with this is the tail, but as I said, I doubt it's mandatory, at least not anymore. (Maybe it's default AND makes flying easier which is why Nanase is keeping it.)

5) Finally ... well, actually, there are limitless options, but final interesting one ... it can be Pandora or some other immortal, just looking as Ashley for fun. That would certainly explain Justin's transformation easiest ; for Ashley, keeping flying AND transformation AND cast on someone else would be hard, remember that she's exceptionally weak for a wizard. Nanase can cast through fairy, but she doesn't have any transformation spell for others AND probably isn't interested in Justin. Susan also doesn't have any transformation spell and may not be able to cast through the fairy.

6) ... ok, one more option: It's inside Sarah's spell. Doesn't explain why the fairy is Ashley ... and it's question if it's in "auto" mode or directly controlled by Sarah.

9 hours ago, hkmaly said:

While I see the advantage of "naked", it would surprise me from Dan ... and I don't think Ashley's outfit is any worse than fairy doll default EXCEPT the shoes. Yes, the shoes totally don't fit and fairies should be barefoot.

Yeah, I would have been surprised if Dan had drawn her naked, and even more surprised if he'd then posted it on the main site. There definitely would have had to have been something blocking our view of certain body parts.

And her outfit isn't "bad" (in fact I think it looks pretty good), it's just close enough to the typical fairy outfit that it make me want to see my idealized version of the typical fairy outfit.

(Also, the default fairy doll gets a pass from me because I like body-covering but form-fitting outfits like catsuits and the like.)

10 hours ago, hkmaly said:

In the commentary, Dan suggests that this is part of a story Ashley wrote. In that scenario, presumably Ashley-the-fairy is Ashley's self-insert character.

Of course that still leaves the question open: in the context of the internal story, was Fairy Ashley always a fairy? If not many of the possibilities you mentioned come back into play.

6 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

In the commentary, Dan suggests that this is part of a story Ashley wrote. In that scenario, presumably Ashley-the-fairy is Ashley's self-insert character.

I doubt that this is the case. If it was, the first time Ashley saw Nanase's  fairydoll form the squee would have shattered the moon.

7 hours ago, ChronosCat said:
17 hours ago, hkmaly said:

... in my defense, I did mentioned the options are limitless :)

7 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

Of course that still leaves the question open: in the context of the internal story, was Fairy Ashley always a fairy? If not many of the possibilities you mentioned come back into play.

Not just Ashley. The first question is if the internal story context starts in (copy of) reality, THEN the second question is if the self-insert character is connected to the Ashley from (copy of) reality. If the internal story is not connected to reality in any way, then, regardless if the self-insert character was always fairy or not, it's not connected to Ashley.

(Ashley's previous story, I believe, DID started in copy of reality, despite likely not referring to specific company ...)

18 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

Ashley knows that Nanase could make Fairy dolls and inhabit them, though I don't think she knows what all Nanase can do while in Fairy mode so she could easily have taken the basic premise (becoming a fairy), and added her own spin to it (being able to use various transformation magic on people), and go from there.