• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Tom Sewell

Story Wednesday, December 12, 2018

2 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Rich lost the match with Sarah. It is not known who won the match between Tedd and Tensaided.

I dunno, Sarah beat Tensaided last time, Justin also once beat Tensaided, I think Tedd would have had a good chance unless he was distracted too much by thoughts of Pandora to concentrate on the match.

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

... suspicious ... maybe Pandora is here? Or she did just go through some phase of reboot and they are feeling it?

I dunno, Dan stated that he knows when Pandora will make her triumphant return, but it's only been a week, that doesn't seem like enough time base on Jerry's description.

It's very understandable that Tedd and Sarah would be feeling this way though, they both had some profound experiences with Pandora the previous week, and for them, the experience began with the card tournament 2 weeks ago when Pandora marked them and it's also exactly 1 week since Pandora was reset, so it's a big deal, like an anniversary.

1 hour ago, The Old Hack said:

I can’t help but laugh a little at the way Rich, Larry and Tensaided are reacting. Dan is very good at this form of gentle humour.

George, of course, is always worth a smile if for no other reason than his unflappable deadpan.

I like that Larry is coming to the defense of Sarah thinking Rich was hitting on her or something,  My headcanon says that Larry told Rich to lay off the routine if he happened to play against Sarah. Would be nice if Larry convinced Rich to lay of the routine completely but starting with Sarah would be a step in the right direction.

36 minutes ago, Scotty said:

I like that Larry is coming to the defense of Sarah thinking Rich was hitting on her or something,  My headcanon says that Larry told Rich to lay off the routine if he happened to play against Sarah. Would be nice if Larry convinced Rich to lay of the routine completely but starting with Sarah would be a step in the right direction.

I agree. Larry at least has grown. I hope he will keep on doing so. I have less hopes for Rich but who knows. Larry might be able to pull him in the right direction. Or he may even begin to see the light on his own.

If not, I foresee the two of them breaking apart. Friendships never seem to endure very well when one starts to change but the other maintains their status quo.

Tensaided will believe that Tedds's behavior was a reaction to his legendary game and trash-talk skills.
It wasn't of course, but Tensaided won't know that.

Will this throw Tensaided off of his own game?  Could he end up losing to Rich or Larry?

Just now, The Old Hack said:

If not, I foresee the two of them breaking apart. Friendships never seem to endure very well when one starts to change but the other maintains their status quo.

Kinda like how Elliot used to be friends with Tony, though I doubt Elliot ever thought the same way as Tony, but Elliot might have tried to convince Tony to stop bullying Tedd, and then whatever happened that Elliot didn't want to talk about happened, and that was the last straw.

8 hours ago, hkmaly said:

... suspicious ... maybe Pandora is here? Or she did just go through some phase of reboot and they are feeling it?

I wouldn't bet any cookies on Pandora being back yet, but both Sarah and Tedd got close to Pandora shortly before she rebooted, so maybe Dan will make her aware of what's going on, although it may not be revealed until later.

Meanwhile, Sam...remember Sam? We're fourteen pages into The Secret of Sam and Sam hasn't been seen since page three. Maybe he's somewhere else this Friday night, waiting for Godot.

2 hours ago, Scotty said:

Kinda like how Elliot used to be friends with Tony, though I doubt Elliot ever thought the same way as Tony, but Elliot might have tried to convince Tony to stop bullying Tedd, and then whatever happened that Elliot didn't want to talk about happened, and that was the last straw.

Yes, that was an example I had in mind. I have also seen it happen in real life.

12 hours ago, Scotty said:
14 hours ago, hkmaly said:

I dunno, Dan stated that he knows when Pandora will make her triumphant return, but it's only been a week, that doesn't seem like enough time base on Jerry's description.

Yeah, in fact I was arguing like this few strips back, but I'm not always right, so I wanted to point out that possibility.

It's very understandable that Tedd and Sarah would be feeling this way though, they both had some profound experiences with Pandora the previous week, and for them, the experience began with the card tournament 2 weeks ago when Pandora marked them and it's also exactly 1 week since Pandora was reset, so it's a big deal, like an anniversary.

It's not surprising any of them felt like this, but I still find the fact both do at same time suspicious. Not very suspicious, just little, but enough to point out.

As Dan noted in commentary, Rich is not going to hit on people during the tournament because it's against tournament rules. That's something matching his character so I'm making it headcanon even if it wasn't in comic directly.

Still, Larry might be convincing him to lay of the routine for "better" reasons.

10 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Tensaided will believe that Tedds's behavior was a reaction to his legendary game and trash-talk skills.
It wasn't of course, but Tensaided won't know that.

Will this throw Tensaided off of his own game?  Could he end up losing to Rich or Larry?

Unlikely. It may throw his off in his trash-talk skills, but he doesn't need those to win against Rich or Larry.

I wonder if his next opponent wouldn't say something like "you are unusually quiet today" ...

7 minutes ago, Don Edwards said:

IMHO yes, so? (And I think it was mentioned when this strip was fresh ...)

4 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

Excellent call. PiP3 (Ponytail in Panel 3) could be Sam; even has a left breast pocket over PiP3's left breast. No sleeve pockets, though, but maybe sleeve pockets are just an alternate Fridays thing.

Truthfully, it took me awhile to realize PiP3 was a girl three years ago. Let's face it, even Sarah's rack is a little bigger than that. However, the look on PiP3's face is totally hetero male, ain't it?

Just now, hkmaly said:

It's not surprising any of them felt like this, but I still find the fact both do at same time suspicious. Not very suspicious, just little, but enough to point out.

I think it further reinforces the OT3 here. ;)

Just now, hkmaly said:

As Dan noted in commentary, Rich is not going to hit on people during the tournament because it's against tournament rules. That's something matching his character so I'm making it headcanon even if it wasn't in comic directly.

Didn't stop Rich from being creepy towards Tedd last time, though Larry might have warned him about what Tensaided said.

3 hours ago, Scotty said:
8 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Didn't stop Rich from being creepy towards Tedd last time, though Larry might have warned him about what Tensaided said.

Yes, the idea was that he wasn't aware of that rule until Larry was warned. Like, it might've been mentioned but that doesn't mean he paid attention ; AFTER this, however ...

3 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Yes, the idea was that he wasn't aware of that rule until Larry was warned. Like, it might've been mentioned but that doesn't mean he paid attention ; AFTER this, however ...

Actually, yeah, further rereading found that Larry did tell Rich it was against the rules to hit on opponents during a match, though Rich at that time didn't seem to agree with the rules, Larry must have had to work hard to get Rich to lay off.

17 hours ago, Scotty said:
20 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Actually, yeah, further rereading found that Larry did tell Rich it was against the rules to hit on opponents during a match, though Rich at that time didn't seem to agree with the rules, Larry must have had to work hard to get Rich to lay off.

Not necessarily ; Sure, Rich didn't agree with the rules ... that doesn't mean he will plan to break them. Not that Larry would believe that ...