• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Scotty

NP, Monday December 17, 2018

7 hours ago, Scotty said:

So all the weight is in the bowl and it's not heavy enough to balance...

Psst, Sarah, jump in the bowl!

They have the backpack and Sarah's clothes.

However, I suspect there will be something specific they need to add for it to work.

Just, unlikely to be Sarah, she can't be THAT heavy.

Also, I expect some weights are supposed to remain off. It's about balancing it, not put everything in.

Just now, hkmaly said:

They have the backpack and Sarah's clothes.

However, I suspect there will be something specific they need to add for it to work.

Just, unlikely to be Sarah, she can't be THAT heavy.

Also, I expect some weights are supposed to remain off. It's about balancing it, not put everything in.

They might have to remove a weight or two, yeah, but the scales will probably only work if specific types of weight is place in. Also what would be the purpose of Sarah being shrunken if not to be included as a weight, if it was to keep her from moving the weights herself, why not just make her ditzy too? if one person needed to remain intelligent to guide other, why not immobilize her somehow? Or give her a different form?

11 hours ago, Scotty said:

Also what would be the purpose of Sarah being shrunken if not to be included as a weight, if it was to keep her from moving the weights herself, why not just make her ditzy too? if one person needed to remain intelligent to guide other, why not immobilize her somehow? Or give her a different form?

Obviously someone NEEDS to remain intelligent and making her small IS almost as good as immobilizing her ... what would you expect? Transforming her to tree? Hard to speak that way ... and, note that we have no case of people transformed to plants in EGS yet.

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

Obviously someone NEEDS to remain intelligent and making her small IS almost as good as immobilizing her ... what would you expect? Transforming her to tree? Hard to speak that way ... and, note that we have no case of people transformed to plants in EGS yet.

A cage could have appeared around her, ropes outta nowhere tying her up, the floor under her feet becoming super sticky. something that would allow her to see, and communicate with Nanase.

And I I think the reason we haven't seen anyone turning into plants (I don't think Gracesaur counts) is because Dan considers it similar to other inanimate objects, we've really only seen it happen with Abraham turning into a statue but that doesn't mean Dan's ok with using it for other things.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

A cage could have appeared around her, ropes outta nowhere tying her up, the floor under her feet becoming super sticky. something that would allow her to see, and communicate with Nanase.

The motto of the dungeon are transformations, so to ask again: how (better) would you expect she can be immobilized by transformation?

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

And I I think the reason we haven't seen anyone turning into plants (I don't think Gracesaur counts) is because Dan considers it similar to other inanimate objects, we've really only seen it happen with Abraham turning into a statue but that doesn't mean Dan's ok with using it for other things.

Yes, I also think this is the reason, despite Gracesaur being leading example than calling all plants inanimate is specisism and rudely generalistic.

I also suspect that Abraham is special case, or maybe it's because he's less transformed to statue and more in stasis.

24 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

The motto of the dungeon are transformations, so to ask again: how (better) would you expect she can be immobilized by transformation?

I dunno offhand, all I'm trying to say is the first two puzzles didn't require both people to be transformed, this one does, logic dictates that if anything else could be used in place of wieghts, then Sarah could have been transformed other ways that would prevent her to physically helping, as long as she could still say "hey Nanase, dump my backpack in the bowl!". Instead, she was shrunk down to a size that would fit in the bowl of the scale, so why not take advantage of that?

2 hours ago, Scotty said:

Instead, she was shrunk down to a size that would fit in the bowl of the scale, so why not take advantage of that?

Like, I wouldn't be surprised if that turns out to be the solution, but 1) the difference seem bigger than how much she weights (although the scales might be more sensitive than they seem) 2) I definitely don't think it's the only possibility. You were not able to suggest any solution quickly and look at how many times shrinking appears in comic - shrinking may easily be first way to immobilize Sarah Dan came up with.

Possible alternative solution.

I assume that Nanase put all the weights in the light side of the scale. And they aren't enough, so we are discussing adding Sarah to them.

How about: put all the weights, and possibly Sarah, on the heavy side of the scale - then put Nanase on the light side.

16 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

Possible alternative solution.

I assume that Nanase put all the weights in the light side of the scale. And they aren't enough, so we are discussing adding Sarah to them.

How about: put all the weights, and possibly Sarah, on the heavy side of the scale - then put Nanase on the light side.

Possibly not ALL the weights, but yes: it would make the puzzle harder (and therefore more interesting) if something should be put on the heavy side as well. AND it would then make sense that there are multiple weights - they would need to exactly balance out Nanase.