• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
ChronosCat

Story, Wednesday Dec 19, 2018

http://egscomics.com/comic/tsos-17

[space for spoilers]

For once, I noticed right away when Tedd changed sex! That's one victory over change-blindness!

Out of curiosity, how many of you noticed right away? Anybody not notice until they got to the commentary (or until I said something)? (I'd make it  a poll, but I suspect I wouldn't be able to include any spoiler precautions for one.)

Well, this is not first time Grace mentioned that sometimes is good having her senses off. I'm surprised it's not in references. Maybe Dan forget? ... where it could've been ...

EDIT: found it

58 minutes ago, ChronosCat said:

For once, I noticed right away when Tedd changed sex! That's one victory over change-blindness!

Out of curiosity, how many of you noticed right away? Anybody not notice until they got to the commentary (or until I said something)? (I'd make it  a poll, but I suspect I wouldn't be able to include any spoiler precautions for one.)

I didn't. And, frankly, even knowing it I barely see it. That's not change blindness, that's "she looks almost as he does".

Yes, the pose in panel 1 is a rather feminine-seeming one, which got me to look closer and see the slight pushing out of Tedd's shirt and slight narrowing of Tedd's waist.

If I could change as easily as Tedd and Elliot can, then I would probably be changing at the drop of a hat in private as well.

It has long been an occasional plotline in Superman stories about how his X-Ray Vision, hearing, or other super senses can become so overwhelming to him that he is effectively immobilized.

Grace has super senses of her own, but because she has a way of turning them off entirely by retracting the antennae, she has not learned how to ignore the background noise.

Just now, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Grace has super senses of her own, but because she has a way of turning them off entirely by retracting the antennae, she has not learned how to ignore the background noise.

Surprised that Dan didn't reference this comic. He established a little over 6 years ago that Grace's antennae gave her extra senses, it just took him till now to say what they do.

Just now, ijuin said:

Yes, the pose in panel 1 is a rather feminine-seeming one, which got me to look closer and see the slight pushing out of Tedd's shirt and slight narrowing of Tedd's waist.

If I could change as easily as Tedd and Elliot can, then I would probably be changing at the drop of a hat in private as well.

Yeah, since Grace was comfortable with bringing out her antennae, Tedd would have felt comfortable switching to female, Tedd could hide her form better than Grace could and might have been able to pull off being female all night but didn't want to chance it, Rich might have been keeping watch, and Luke was there too.

11 hours ago, hkmaly said:

That's not change blindness, that's "she looks almost as he does".

Even his friends have trouble and that's not filtered by being a comic, so to speak.

12 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Except she didn't had the ability to retract her antennae until recently - she only got this ability when obtaining "claire" form. But, on the other hand, she had no opportunity to be in crowd before ; she learned to ignore "background noise" of the base, maybe forest if it was in her range, but not background noise of large crowd of people.

11 hours ago, Scotty said:

Surprised that Dan didn't reference this comic. He established a little over 6 years ago that Grace's antennae gave her extra senses, it just took him till now to say what they do.

Already mentioned that.

5 hours ago, mlooney said:
17 hours ago, hkmaly said:

That's not change blindness, that's "she looks almost as he does".

Even his friends have trouble and that's not filtered by being a comic, so to speak.

Exactly. ESPECIALLY Justin seem to have trouble with that.

20 minutes ago, Don Edwards said:

Or, Tedd could - when the relative privacy allows it - switch sexes so routinely that the rest of the group doesn't consider it at all noteworthy.

Like, three times during someone saying the sentence "Hey, Tedd, are you male or female now?" ?