• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
ChronosCat

NP Wednesday, Dec 19, 2018

http://egscomics.com/egsnp/nanasecraft-28

Called it! Or at least, Sarah thought of the same idea I had (though even just within this comic she took longer to figure it out than I did). It remains to be seen if we're right. (Of course, Dan giving out cookies would suggest we are.)

Actually, if this is all there is to it, I'm a little disappointed - that was a very simple and easy puzzle.

1 hour ago, ChronosCat said:

Called it! Or at least, Sarah thought of the same idea I had (though even just within this comic she took longer to figure it out than I did). It remains to be seen if we're right. (Of course, Dan giving out cookies would suggest we are.)

Actually, if this is all there is to it, I'm a little disappointed - that was a very simple and easy puzzle.

... which is one of the reasons I was saying it's not the only possibility. But it's true that Dan even used same reasoning - that Sarah being too small to put the blocks in barely mattered.

Well, maybe there would be another twist. Waaait ... if Sarah gets on the scale, activates it and starts transforming back, it would make the scale unbalanced again ... except that's not puzzle as I don't see how to rebalance it fast enough no matter if she would think about it or not.

Just now, ChronosCat said:

It wasn't obvious to Sarah until now, and is likely the reason why Nanase got the ditzy effect, I dunno if this means the dungeon has some sort of intelligence at work and picked Nanase to be ditzy because she'd have figured it out quicker otherwise, or it the selection of who got what effect was random.

And I'm not saying that Sarah is less intelligent than Nanase, but Sarah reacts to stressful situations differently and so it affects her problem solving a bit.

It's also possible that there's a difficulty curve to these puzzles, though I guess it depends on how many there are and really on how Dan wants to design them. It may be a super easy dungeon and the twist to the story turns out to be that Diane is too lazy to solve the puzzles herself.

Just now, Illjwamh said:

Two cookies for me!

Me too!

Just now, hkmaly said:

Well, maybe there would be another twist. Waaait ... if Sarah gets on the scale, activates it and starts transforming back, it would make the scale unbalanced again ... except that's not puzzle as I don't see how to rebalance it fast enough no matter if she would think about it or not.

It probably doesn't have to remain balanced, just as long as they get it to balance for a few seconds before locking into place, the way to the next room will open and they'll return to normal, question is, will they be missing anything else?

Like, Nanase's clothes changed, will they stay that way for the remainder of the dungeon like her hair? Will Sarah magically be clothed again, or will she have a moment of nakedness while she scrambles to get her clothes back on?.

4 hours ago, Scotty said:

Will Sarah magically be clothed again, or will she have a moment of nakedness while she scrambles to get her clothes back on?

The moment of nakedness will occur, but we won't get to see it.

She definitely WON'T have lost all her clothes and be forced to go through the rest of the dungeon nude. (Although it's possible she'll have lost all her clothes and be forced to get some spares out of her backpack.)

5 hours ago, Scotty said:

And I'm not saying that Sarah is less intelligent than Nanase, but Sarah reacts to stressful situations differently and so it affects her problem solving a bit.

Also, she was distracted by her lack of clothes. Not sure if Nanase would be distracted like that ... Grace definitely wouldn't.

It's also possible that there's a difficulty curve to these puzzles, though I guess it depends on how many there are and really on how Dan wants to design them. It may be a super easy dungeon and the twist to the story turns out to be that Diane is too lazy to solve the puzzles herself.

They are first who entered the dungeon aren't they? Noone knows if it's easy or hard. I completely understand Diane not wanting to risk herself. (Also, I doubt she would be able to climb the wall, Gecko or not. I mean, real Diane, probably, but this rich one?)

1 hour ago, Don Edwards said:

Will Sarah magically be clothed again, or will she have a moment of nakedness while she scrambles to get her clothes back on?

The moment of nakedness will occur, but we won't get to see it.

She definitely WON'T have lost all her clothes and be forced to go through the rest of the dungeon nude. (Although it's possible she'll have lost all her clothes and be forced to get some spares out of her backpack.)

... unfortunately.

Like, Nanase's clothes changed, will they stay that way for the remainder of the dungeon like her hair?

This, meanwhile, may happen.

Just now, hkmaly said:

They are first who entered the dungeon aren't they? Noone knows if it's easy or hard. I completely understand Diane not wanting to risk herself. (Also, I doubt she would be able to climb the wall, Gecko or not. I mean, real Diane, probably, but this rich one?)

Maybe the twist then is Diane had the dungeon built as an amusement attraction, and got Nanase and Sarah to beta test it?

13 hours ago, JustBecauseICantDraw said:

For those wondering if Sarah will lose all her clothes, I'm wondering if her handkerchief is going to make her just slightly too heavy ...

That would be VERY sensitive scales ...