• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Stature

Sketchbook Wednesday December 26, 2018 (Game Night)

I can maybe see a little of Mrs. Dunkel in the first figure, if I know to look for it, but I really don't see Mrs. Kitsune in the second.  Really, if you're going to change a figure in that many ways, it isn't really that figure anymore.  Not a favorite.

16 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

I can maybe see a little of Mrs. Dunkel in the first figure, if I know to look for it, but I really don't see Mrs. Kitsune in the second.  Really, if you're going to change a figure in that many ways, it isn't really that figure anymore.

Doesn't help that it's been a while we saw Mrs. Kitsune last time ... unless you count this.

16 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

Not a favorite.

It doesn't look bad. It's just ... them being Mrs. Dunkel and Mrs. Kitsune doesn't really seem relevant.

5 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

if you're going to change a figure in that many ways, it isn't really that figure anymore.  Not a favorite.

4 hours ago, hkmaly said:

it doesn't look bad. It's just ... them being Mrs. Dunkel and Mrs. Kitsune doesn't really seem relevant.

We need significantly more context to make the identity of the characters significant.

8 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Doesn't help that it's been a while we saw Mrs. Kitsune last time ... unless you count this.

You can see Nanase's hairstyle from that comic in Mrs Kitsune in the milestone image though (exaggerated of course), there really isn't much different that would keep me from thinking that it was Nanase rather than her mother in that. Dan did say he gave Mrs Kitsune more weight though, so I would guess that if Nanase was sitting beside her in the same form, there'd be some difference in that regard, but otherwise they'd likely be almost twins.

8 hours ago, hkmaly said:

It doesn't look bad. It's just ... them being Mrs. Dunkel and Mrs. Kitsune doesn't really seem relevant.

And Dan still owes us a milestone of Mrs Dunkel having asked Tedd to zap her with FV5.

Also seems like Dan's going the same route with Mrs. Brown and Ms. Pompoms that he's done with Mr. Kitsune(commentary). Heck we haven't even seen Mrs. Brown so Dan could just whip up anyone that has some resemblance to Sarah and Carol. Ms. Pompoms at least has a more recent look that Dan could work with than Mr. Kitsune, so he can't really use the "I want to give a proper visual update" excuse. :shrugs: maybe I'm still disappointed that we didn't get to see Ms. Pompoms during Sister 3 with all that was going on with Susan.

8 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

I can maybe see a little of Mrs. Dunkel in the first figure, if I know to look for it, but I really don't see Mrs. Kitsune in the second.  Really, if you're going to change a figure in that many ways, it isn't really that figure anymore.  Not a favorite.

Exactly my thoughts.  Including the not a favorite bit.

11 hours ago, Stature said:

Sketchbook Wednesday December 26, 2018 (Game Night)

While it was posted on the 26th (for some of us, including Dan), it technically counts as the Sketchbook for the 27th (and is labeled as such on the site).

9 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

I agree with you on it being hard to recognize Mrs. Dunkel and not seeing Mrs. Kitsune in the right-hand image at all. This is one problem with having the end result of an extensive transformation shown in a single image with no lead-up; this is one of the more extreme examples, but it's far from the first time it's happened with Dan's Pinups & Sketchbook entries.

However, as a more-or-less stand-alone image, I really like it. It's well drawn and colored, the clothing/form/character designs are good, and I like the scenario.

10 hours ago, Scotty said:

Ms. Pompoms at least has a more recent look that Dan could work with than Mr. Kitsune, so he can't really use the "I want to give a proper visual update" excuse.

More recent but still eight years old. I think the excuse can still apply.

10 hours ago, Scotty said:

Also seems like Dan's going the same route with Mrs. Brown and Ms. Pompoms

... wait what? Did I missed some comment they are also supposed to play?

Just now, hkmaly said:

In the commentary, Dan mentions wanting to say that Susan's and Sarah's moms are there, and that it's been a while since we've seen Susan's mom  and never seen Sarah's.

13 minutes ago, Scotty said:
30 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

In the commentary, Dan mentions wanting to say that Susan's and Sarah's moms are there, and that it's been a while since we've seen Susan's mom  and never seen Sarah's.

... oh. Right. I searched for the names but didn't actually reread the commentary ... my bad.

Wait. Dan said "with never seen Sarah's" ... was it supposed to be "will"? Or "we've"?

2 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

I'd love to see updated designs on all the parents, but I want to see them as themselves

... first. Goonmanji 3: The Parents. Starting with all parents as themselves and then, gradually ... well, this.

On 12/29/2018 at 2:32 AM, hkmaly said:

... first. Goonmanji 3: The Parents. Starting with all parents as themselves and then, gradually ... well, this.

It'd be nice if we were properly introduced to all the parents first. We of course already know the Dunkels, Edward, Mama Kitsune and Ms. Pompoms, but we've only see Noriko and Mr. Pompoms in flashbacks (doubt Dan would consider them anyway), only briefly saw Mr. Kistune and Mr Brown, and haven't yet seen Mrs Brown nor the Tolkiberries.

Having someone we barely know or haven't even seen just appear for something like a Goonmanji 3 would probably just be as bad as seeing them already transformed. At least with Mrs Dunkel and Mama Kitsune(sort of?), we have recent appearances to compare to.

On 12/29/2018 at 2:32 AM, hkmaly said:

12 hours ago, Scotty said:

It'd be nice if we were properly introduced to all the parents first. [etc]

I seem to recall Dan saying that Goonmanji 3 would all guys (or at least male-presenting prior to transformation hijinks). I would assume Elliot &  Justin would be in it, probably Tedd as well, and the 4th slot could be filled with one of their male friends/romantic interests (maybe Luke?).

Maybe if they've gotten a little more development by then, "The Parents" could be Goonmanji 4? (Of course, based on Goonmanji 2, it would probably only be 4 players, so technically Edward, the Dunkels, and Mrs. Kitsune would be enough...)

4 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

I seem to recall Dan saying that Goonmanji 3 would all guys (or at least male-presenting prior to transformation hijinks). I would assume Elliot &  Justin would be in it, probably Tedd as well, and the 4th slot could be filled with one of their male friends/romantic interests (maybe Luke?).

Maybe if they've gotten a little more development by then, "The Parents" could be Goonmanji 4?

Good point, it would be Goonmanji 4.

4 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

Of course, based on Goonmanji 2, it would probably only be 4 players, so technically Edward, the Dunkels, and Mrs. Kitsune would be enough

... I think it would be safer to keep the plays single-gender. And Dan already mentioned (in addition to Mrs. Dunkel and Mrs. Kitsune) the other players would be Mrs. Pompoms and Mrs. Brown.

... Edward and Mr. Dunkel would be Goonmanji 5 ... probably with Mr. Kitsune and Mr. Brown, although it might be interesting if Adrian Raven or Tolkiberry would play ...