• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Pharaoh RutinTutin

Story Friday December 28, 2018

... for a moment I was thinking if Dame Tara would take offense on being called monster, then I realized that was already some time ago and Ellen talks about the aberrations now. Although, that "some time ago" was like week or two, right? Maybe Dame Tara SHOULD take offense.

(Ellen the half-dragon definitely shouldn't call Griffins monsters unless she's ready to be called one as well. Again.)

Also, while this might not be the talk related to what Grace was talking about, I think it was something Grace needs to hear. She already felt guilty about not doing something with Abraham, doesn't she? Expecting she's feeling guilty about this would make sense.

While obviously not about vampires, or for that matter trans people, I've been on both ends of the "pep talk about the wrong subject" before.

11 hours ago, hkmaly said:

... for a moment I was thinking if Dame Tara would take offense on being called monster, then I realized that was already some time ago and Ellen talks about the aberrations now. Although, that "some time ago" was like week or two, right? Maybe Dame Tara SHOULD take offense.

I think Grace only had the monster in her dream be part Griffin because of the context that Tara did try to kill Elliot, but the circumstances of that were such that Tara herself would probably consider herself a monster if she had succeeded only to find out Andrea was never in any danger and Elliot had nothing to do with her not returning home.

I think that's also why Grace had the conflict of whether or not to fight because if she was there, and ended up severely hurting or killing Tara, then finding out that she was being mislead and only wanted to find her wife, then Grace would think of herself as a monster. It's bad enough that she felt that way after killing Damien.

12 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Also, while this might not be the talk related to what Grace was talking about, I think it was something Grace needs to hear. She already felt guilty about not doing something with Abraham, doesn't she? Expecting she's feeling guilty about this would make sense.

It's not really as effective as it would have been if Grace had actually been thinking about that subject and not about Sarah and Sam. As we see, she's thoroughly confused. It seems that Grace and Ellen have been having trouble communicating though, I hope it doesn't become too much of a problem.

19 hours ago, hkmaly said:

(Ellen the half-dragon definitely shouldn't call Griffins monsters unless she's ready to be called one as well. Again.)

3 hours ago, Scotty said:

It seems that Grace and Ellen have been having trouble communicating though, I hope it doesn't become too much of a problem.

Okay, forget putting warnings on TV Tropes links, I'm spending way more time following a link to a past comic and then getting sucked into reading on from there!  That first one had me reading from there all the way through the Swedekea race and the Demon Ally bit.  I was only able to break away after the first page of Hammerchlorians when I realized how late it was getting.  And then the second link led to SQ part 2, and a commentary link lead to the Summer scene at the movie theater, and that looped back into Squirrel Prophet part one....

2 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

Okay, forget putting warnings on TV Tropes links, I'm spending way more time following a link to a past comic and then getting sucked into reading on from there!  That first one had me reading from there all the way through the Swedekea race and the Demon Ally bit.  I was only able to break away after the first page of Hammerchlorians when I realized how late it was getting.  And then the second link led to SQ part 2, and a commentary link lead to the Summer scene at the movie theater, and that looped back into Squirrel Prophet part one....

Totally know the feeling, there've been times where I'd be looking for a particular comic to link in a post, and get sucked into reading an entire arc or two, even passing right by the comic I was looking for.

5 hours ago, Scotty said:
21 hours ago, hkmaly said:

I think Grace only had the monster in her dream be part Griffin because of the context that Tara did try to kill Elliot, but the circumstances of that were such that Tara herself would probably consider herself a monster if she had succeeded only to find out Andrea was never in any danger and Elliot had nothing to do with her not returning home.

I think that's also why Grace had the conflict of whether or not to fight because if she was there, and ended up severely hurting or killing Tara, then finding out that she was being mislead and only wanted to find her wife, then Grace would think of herself as a monster. It's bad enough that she felt that way after killing Damien.

All good points, although it doesn't answer the question if Dame Tara should take offense.

5 hours ago, Scotty said:
21 hours ago, hkmaly said:

It's not really as effective as it would have been if Grace had actually been thinking about that subject and not about Sarah and Sam. As we see, she's thoroughly confused. It seems that Grace and Ellen have been having trouble communicating though, I hope it doesn't become too much of a problem.

I think that Grace and Ellen are communicating much more than shown and they actually ONLY get to communication problems like this because they think they know themselves. I mean each other. I think Grace wouldn't even try questions like this on someone else.

2 hours ago, Scotty said:
2 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

Totally know the feeling, there've been times where I'd be looking for a particular comic to link in a post, and get sucked into reading an entire arc or two, even passing right by the comic I was looking for.

Happens to me sometimes when finding the references as well, but seriously, it's not AS bad as TV Tropes. TV Tropes can get EXPONENTIAL.

7 hours ago, hkmaly said:

I don't see why it would be obvious.

You're right. I've always suspected there was something vampiric about @mlooney. :danshiftyeyes:

It is actually a general trend here. @CritterKeepermight very well be a werewolf what with all her exposure to possible bites from her patients. Or possibly a werecat, a werehamster or a werechihuahua. @Pharaoh RutinTutinis a self-professed mummy and quite likely the mentor of Boris Karloff. @ChronosCatis clearly a Cat of Tindalos that hails from the dawn of time. And who knows what other horrors may lurk at the heart of these forums. :icon_eek:

1 hour ago, The Old Hack said:

@Pharaoh RutinTutinis a self-professed mummy and quite likely the mentor of Boris Karloff.

I never met Mr Karloff.  I told his people that I would ONLY be a technical advisor and the meeting had to remain under wraps.

Just now, hkmaly said:

All good points, although it doesn't answer the question if Dame Tara should take offense.

Tara should know the context of what she did, if she felt that Grace was applying the term to the fact that had tried to kill Elliot, then I doubt Tara would be offended, she'd likely want to ensure that Grace knew that she was no longer a threat to her friends. Especially considering Tara might be able to sense Grace's aura, and that might get an interesting response, considering what we recently learned about Uryuoms in ancient times, I wonder if any ever found their way into Tara's side of the world?

Just now, hkmaly said:

I think that Grace and Ellen are communicating much more than shown and they actually ONLY get to communication problems like this because they think they know themselves. I mean each other. I think Grace wouldn't even try questions like this on someone else.

I wasn't being too serious with that part, but I didn't really make it clear that I wasn't being serious. Yay communication! ;)

On 12/29/2018 at 6:56 AM, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Barry Manilow told us what to do back in the Old Kingdom
(he's been alive forever, you know)

Ah, yes, like a good neighbor, Barry Manilow deserves a break today, 'cos he's stuck on Band-Aid....

(For those who don't know, Barry Manilow used to write jingles, including "I am stuck in Band-Aid, 'cos Band-Aid's stuck on me!")