• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
The Old Hack

Story Monday December 31, 2018

The power of heart
The honor of love
Friendship is magic
It's a small world
Have a nice day

At least once each year, every tale of heroism and adventure is require to acknowledge that the true source of the hero's strength is from those the hero serves.

By posting this comic on New Year's Eve, EGS has met that requirement for 2018 & 2019.

45 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

The power of heart
The honor of love
Friendship is magic
It's a small world
Have a nice day

At least once each year, every tale of heroism and adventure is require to acknowledge that the true source of the hero's strength is from those the hero serves.

By posting this comic on New Year's Eve, EGS has met that requirement for 2018 & 2019.

Anyway, Grace can probably now think that it'd be best to just let whatever happens between Sarah and Sam happen, and if for whatever reason it doesn't work out, then Grace just has to be there for Sarah.

Yay for circles-and-starburst background in panel seven!

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

Anyway, Grace can probably now think that it'd be best to just let whatever happens between Sarah and Sam happen, and if for whatever reason it doesn't work out, then Grace just has to be there for Sarah.

Or maybe she'll decide it's her duty to talk to both of them in a supportive manner without telling Sarah why she's suddenly so supportive, and (probably in private) hint to Sam without being pushy that he should tell Sarah. (Which isn't so far off from what I expected her to do in the first place.)

9 minutes ago, ChronosCat said:

Or maybe she'll decide it's her duty to talk to both of them in a supportive manner without telling Sarah why she's suddenly so supportive, and (probably in private) hint to Sam without being pushy that he should tell Sarah. (Which isn't so far off from what I expected her to do in the first place.)

That was her original plan when she thought Sam was going to be attending the card tournament this week, but then she overthought things, so it's probably not going back on the table.

20 minutes ago, Scotty said:

That was her original plan when she thought Sam was going to be attending the card tournament this week, but then she overthought things, so it's probably not going back on the table.

I admit I had forgotten that (I only remembered the point where she was not very happy with Sam just like she's not happy with Ashley, all because she thinks Sarah and Elliot got over their breakup too quickly). Still, I could see Grace seeing this pep-talk as inspiration to double-down on the "be encouraging" plan.

4 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

I admit I had forgotten that (I only remembered the point where she was not very happy with Sam just like she's not happy with Ashley, all because she thinks Sarah and Elliot got over their breakup too quickly)

Grace could turn out to be right. Quite awhile ago I pointed out that Ashley could be the transitional girlfriend here. Remember that Elliot broke up with Sarah before he met Ashley because he realized how much he was attracted to Susan, and more than physically. And hasn't Elliot treated Ashley even more like a little sister who needs protecting than he's ever done with Sarah?

4 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

And hasn't Elliot treated Ashley even more like a little sister who needs protecting than he's ever done with Sarah?

Well, this might indicate that he is treating her differently than Sarah.

10 minutes ago, mlooney said:
16 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

And hasn't Elliot treated Ashley even more like a little sister who needs protecting than he's ever done with Sarah?

... I definitely hope he wouldn't treat little sister like that.

16 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Quite awhile ago I pointed out that Ashley could be the transitional girlfriend here. Remember that Elliot broke up with Sarah before he met Ashley because he realized how much he was attracted to Susan, and more than physically.

Problem with Susan is that she's nowhere near ready for relationship. Although she's working on it.

9 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

... I definitely hope he wouldn't treat little sister like that.

And she didn't go on further; Elliot stopped herself. Didn't need to fall off the couch. 

12 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Problem with Susan is that she's nowhere near ready for relationship. Although she's working on it.

Well, I guess there's no deadline until high school is over, maybe around 2030 in our time.

57 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Sarah is different in that, while they are good friends, the things they want out of a relationship are just too different, Sarah didn't care much for Elliot's transformations and Elliot (at the time) was more comfortable with just hanging out rather that doing something new. With Ashley though, Elliot was able to have fun with transforming and on the plus side, she's someone who is also comfortable with just hanging out.

Elliot is protective of Ashley, yes, but he's protective of anyone he cares about, he'd be just as protective of Susan if by chance he ended up dating her instead of Ashley. It just happens that he started dating Ashley at a time when crap was about to hit the fan? Can you imagine how it would have been if Elliot and Susan were dating, for one they wouldn't have been on a date together at the time the vampires attacked and Magus and Sirleck made their move. And once it was over, would Elliot be able to get Susan to talk about it? I doubt he'd even try because he'd want to give her the time to sort through things and let her chose when to tell him if she wanted to. Susan might not even ask about what happened to Elliot because she might then feel obligated to tell him about her experience.

1 hour ago, Tom Sewell said:
1 hour ago, mlooney said:

Or it might indicate that he's more up for sex when he's a she.

Well it's true he doesn't need to worry about pregnancy then.

20 minutes ago, Scotty said:
1 hour ago, Tom Sewell said:

Sarah is different in that, while they are good friends, the things they want out of a relationship are just too different, Sarah didn't care much for Elliot's transformations and Elliot (at the time) was more comfortable with just hanging out rather that doing something new. With Ashley though, Elliot was able to have fun with transforming and on the plus side, she's someone who is also comfortable with just hanging out.

Yes. Elliot tried transformation with Sarah and Sarah got angry.

25 minutes ago, Scotty said:

It just happens that he started dating Ashley at a time when crap was about to hit the fan?

He was dating Sarah when the crap with Damien happened. The crap keeps happening all the time :)

27 minutes ago, Scotty said:

for one they wouldn't have been on a date together at the time the vampires attacked and Magus and Sirleck made their move. And once it was over, would Elliot be able to get Susan to talk about it?

Hmmm, Elliot managed to get two dates with Ashley, if he would be trying Susan I suspect he wouldn't get anywhere in that time. So, his chance to get Susan talk would be same as is now.

5 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Hmmm, that "Girls who have kissed Sarah count" has been at 3 for far too long.  Ellen, Grace, and Elliot...would a friendly peck on the cheek and/or motherly kiss on the forehead from Pandora count?  Is there some way to arrange a kiss from Ashley without it being weird?  Ah, if only Tedd had been a girl in that "The Dangers Of Clone Form Pranking" sketchbook!

(I'm only counting canon, on-screen kisses here, we all know the OT3 means the count is probably at least at four by now.... ;-)

19 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:
On 12/31/2018 at 9:07 PM, Tom Sewell said:

Hmmm, that "Girls who have kissed Sarah count" has been at 3 for far too long.  Ellen, Grace, and Elliot...would a friendly peck on the cheek and/or motherly kiss on the forehead from Pandora count?  Is there some way to arrange a kiss from Ashley without it being weird?  Ah, if only Tedd had been a girl in that "The Dangers Of Clone Form Pranking" sketchbook!

(I'm only counting canon, on-screen kisses here, we all know the OT3 means the count is probably at least at four by now.... ;-)

Hmmmm ... would Sam count?

Sam would not count, unless it turns out Sam is slightly gender-fluid rather than strictly trans, *and* happens to be female at the time of the kiss.  However, all indications so far are that Sam is male, all the time, and only pretends to be female when he has to due to various social constraints and pressures.

18 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

I thought it had already been established that, so far, there has been no physical contact between Sarah and Sam beyond the handshake.

So far.

17 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

Sam would not count, unless it turns out Sam is slightly gender-fluid rather than strictly trans, *and* happens to be female at the time of the kiss.  However, all indications so far are that Sam is male, all the time, and only pretends to be female when he has to due to various social constraints and pressures.

Noted. Makes hard to raise the count, however.