• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Tom Sewell

Story, Wednesday, January 2, 2019

5 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Where is Susan?

Grace could really use a fairy doll to pursue and observe Sam unobtrusively whilst dealing with Ellen's crisis. 

That seems rather intrusive.  Does Grace really have cause to spy on Sam?

I'm beginning to think that Sam didn't attend the card tournament because he doesn't want to be with Sarah while Grace is around for fear that Grace might let it slip that Sam is trans, especially if he saw that Sarah was a friend of Grace's. His running away here could have been because Grace was with another friend and was equally paranoid about her possibly telling Ellen about him. It makes me think that there hasn't been any real contact between Sam and Grace after that initial incident, while Sam has obviously been at the comic shop since then, it seems likely he'd have avoided talking to Grace so that the subject of him being trans would never come up again. Heck if he saw Tedd talking with Grace after he had suggested  Tedd might want to use "Tess" as a name, that might have really spooked Sam into thinking his cover might get blown.

Edit: And it just occurred to me after posting that, trans males would still have to deal with menstrual cycles, at least until they start hormone therapy, right? His absence could have been related to that and him running from Grace then might have been because he had just bought feminine hygiene products and he doesn't want anyone to see.

14 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Edit: And it just occurred to me after posting that, trans males would still have to deal with menstrual cycles, at least until they start hormone therapy, right? His absence could have been related to that and him running from Grace then might have been because he had just bought feminine hygiene products and he doesn't want anyone to see.

Sam still has to spend lots of time presenting as female. He'd probably buy those products during that time, as it's rather unusual for a male his age to be buying them.

Unless, of course, he has an immediate need and forgot to bring some... but then Grace is hardly more of a threat to him because of that than anyone else.

Alternatively... if he has an immediate need and forgot to bring some, he could have been looking for Grace in hopes that he could get one from her, and is avoiding this other girl who is with Grace at the moment. (Or just didn't want to interrupt.)

21 minutes ago, Don Edwards said:

Sam still has to spend lots of time presenting as female. He'd probably buy those products during that time, as it's rather unusual for a male his age to be buying them.

Unless, of course, he has an immediate need and forgot to bring some... but then Grace is hardly more of a threat to him because of that than anyone else.

Alternatively... if he has an immediate need and forgot to bring some, he could have been looking for Grace in hopes that he could get one from her, and is avoiding this other girl who is with Grace at the moment. (Or just didn't want to interrupt.)

Sam might be in the presence of people who don't know he's trans and could probably just say the the products are for his mom or sister (if he has one) who asked to pick them up while he was out.

Seeing Grace with Ellen could have caused him to panic because Grace is someone that knows his secret and she's with someone who he hopes doesn't know but doesn't want to risk Grace blurting out anything because she'd almost done that once before.

4 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

Unlikely, considering he had no way to know she would be in mall. And, note that he had no chance to see anything from Ellen EXCEPT the hair color which makes unlikely it's Sarah.

Hmmm ... considering his experience with Grace ... maybe he is just running because he doesn't want to be hugged?