• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
The Old Hack

NP Wednesday January 2, 2019

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

Sooo, another strip where we don't see if Sarah is missing part of clothes now ...

I imagine all her clothes were still in the pile, at the least, she might not have bothered to tie her coat around her waist this time.

Anyway, one more puzzle to go it seems, so there's still another chance for more clothing changes.

Actually, since Nanase says she's going to go get Sarah's clothes, it seems reasonable to assume that Sarah still hasn't gotten her clothes back yet - let alone gotten any of them on.

10 minutes ago, Don Edwards said:

Actually, since Nanase says she's going to go get Sarah's clothes, it seems reasonable to assume that Sarah still hasn't gotten her clothes back yet - let alone gotten any of them on.

She said she was going to get Sarah's clothes back in the last strip. Their dialog in this strip strongly implies (and in my opinion only makes sense if) Sarah has now gotten dressed.

4 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

Their dialog in this strip strongly implies (and in my opinion only makes sense if) Sarah has now gotten dressed.

So Mr British Editor is, for reasons decent human beings could never understand, editing the appearance of normally clothed Sarah and Nanase to imply that they are actually without clothes?

That just isn't Cricket.

Unless, of course, the transition to the next puzzle is a chase involving barely dressed women that has been accelerated on film and set to Yakety Sax.  That would be extremely British.

2 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

So Mr British Editor is, for reasons decent human beings could never understand, editing the appearance of normally clothed Sarah and Nanase to imply that they are actually without clothes?

No, he's probably editing them in spite of them being clothed just cus he liked the cavewoman look.

You could say it triggered something "primal" in him.

Nothing makes sense anymore, Sir Editor.

If he will be sacked, see to it that we will not sack the one who will sack the editor. :demonicduck: 

*sees Patreon* Aqua version? *glub glub*

Just now, Stature said:

That one's to show how Dan shades the comics, which is nice cus he doesn't show the process very often.

9 hours ago, Scotty said:
16 hours ago, Stature said:

That one's to show how Dan shades the comics, which is nice cus he doesn't show the process very often.

(not) very often? You mean this isn't first time? ... well, ok, unless you count the comics with different eye size and stuff like that ...

25 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

(not) very often? You mean this isn't first time? ... well, ok, unless you count the comics with different eye size and stuff like that ...

Dan used to put a lot of his concept sketches and colour tinkering.in the sketchbook section in the early years, I consider this to be part of that group.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:
1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

Dan used to put a lot of his concept sketches and colour tinkering.in the sketchbook section in the early years, I consider this to be part of that group.

Those sketches were mostly concepts and not sketches as part of process, later made into full images. Although that color thinkering example might count.

21 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Behold! An extremely old and out of date behind-the-scenes comic. A few ten-year-old images with blue pencil lines left in. A couple of rejected panels, with in-image commentary. An image actually titled "behind the scenes".

Also, searching for these I ran across but didn't bother getting the links for a font test and some experiments from the transition from landscape to portrait format.

Interestingly, besides the recent color-palette tests, I couldn't find any behind-the-scenes material more recent than 2011.

2 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

Ok, totally forgot about that.

A few ten-year-old images with blue pencil lines left in. A couple of rejected panels, with in-image commentary. An image actually titled "behind the scenes".

... true, blue pencil would count ...

Also, searching for these I ran across but didn't bother getting the links for a font test and some experiments from the transition from landscape to portrait format.

THOSE I did remember - those were in the "stuff like that".