• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Stature

NP Monday January 7, 2019

Hmmm, the Six Million Dollar Woman.

Future inflation notwithstanding, six million bucks is enough to pay for living a middle class lifestyle for the rest of her life without making a penny of other income ever again. If she can get a three percent rate of return (above inflation), then she can live on just the dividends without ever touching the principal . . .

11 hours ago, ijuin said:

Hmmm, the Six Million Dollar Woman.

Future inflation notwithstanding, six million bucks is enough to pay for living a middle class lifestyle for the rest of her life without making a penny of other income ever again. If she can get a three percent rate of return (above inflation), then she can live on just the dividends without ever touching the principal . . .

If a certain person is president in the Craft-verse, then income tax for that amount shouldn't be too high. :P

18 hours ago, Stature said:

Six million? That settles it.

Yes. Now she's focused and coherent like laser.

2 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

There have been a few sketchbook and pin-up pictures.  But this is the first time since Hammerchlorians that we have seen Susan with a Hammer in anything like a story.

Speak for yourself. I saw Susan with a Hammer year ago.

How did I ever forget the most recent battle at the Mall?

It is as bad as forgetting 

You've got me?  WHO"S GOT YOU!!!????

If you're blue And you don't know where to go to Why don't you go where fashion sits...

A Møøse once bit my sister...

8 hours ago, Scotty said:
23 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Yes. Now she's focused and coherent like laser.

Speak for yourself. I saw Susan with a Hammer year ago.

It's the first time we've seen her using a hammer on someone who was objectifying women.

That better?

Hmmm ... ok, he was calling Susan names but didn't seem to objectify women ...

... I don't remember other case of Susan using hammer on someone objectifying women since she can use them on anyone either ...

... she had great opportunity but used something with more long-term effect instead.

5 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Hmmm ... ok, he was calling Susan names but didn't seem to objectify women ...

... I don't remember other case of Susan using hammer on someone objectifying women since she can use them on anyone either ...

... she had great opportunity but used something with more long-term effect instead.

I meant it was basically long before Hammerchlorians that she used them on guys that were being offensive towards a woman, or Tedd.

On 1/6/2019 at 11:42 PM, ijuin said:

The first time I bought a CD after moving up here, it got about 7.5% interest.  A lot of retirement planning talks assumed similar returns.  These days, it seems rare to see anything advertised as guaranteed for more than 2.25%, maybe 2.5%.

That said, I'd happily take an income of 2% of six million!  Even if she only gets the $3,000,000, at 2% that would yield an income of $60,000 per year, enough to let her choose how to spend her time based on what she wants to do rather than need to keep herself, or even herself and a family, housed, clothed, fed, and educated!  (Assuming she doesn't blow it and get herself into an oppressive mortgage on a mansion or something....)

Just now, CritterKeeper said:

The first time I bought a CD after moving up here, it got about 7.5% interest.  A lot of retirement planning talks assumed similar returns.  These days, it seems rare to see anything advertised as guaranteed for more than 2.25%, maybe 2.5%.

Yeah, back in 1988, my Grandparents, bought my brother and I Canada Savings Bonds of $100 each, they were set for a 10 year maturation period with an interest rate of 10.16%, by 1998 our bonds had grown to $300, I reinvested mine thinking that in another 10 years they'd triple again, but I didn't realize until later that after 10 years, the interest rate had dropped to 3.75% so in 2008 I only gained around $100, at the time though I was strapped for cash so I only reinvested $100 which again I didn't realize until later that the interest had dropped to 1.85%, I had totally forgotten I had done so though so this past November, I got a notice in the mail that my bonds had matured, I cashed it in at $116 and some change. So in 30 years, $100 ended up being ~$416, It might have been a bit more if I had reinvested it all back in 2008, but I doubt it would have been much more. I never did have a mind for stocks and bonds anyway.