• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Stature

Story Monday January 14, 2019

6 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

How much of this did Gordon overhear?

Probably none. If Dan hasn't bothered showing us what Gordon looks like, it's probably unlikely he'll be more that just an extra voice to let us know someone isn't alone.

Anyway, no freakout from Sam, that's good, also Grace is being careful how much she says right no, at least in terms of her origins. Also, Sam mentioned the mall incident, is that confirmation that he was there when Cheerleadra was being chased by Tara, even more confirmation that the female we saw was indeed Sam? Maybe. If Sam was a witness and saw the Immortals, his " I don't think..." could mean that he did have contact with the Immortal that marked him and they didn't appear to look like Voltaire, Helena or Demetrius, but that doesn't mean much if Voltaire could appear in any form. To be honest, I don't see how marking Sam would fit Voltaire's MO since Voltaire appeared to desire toys to play with,  giving Sam the ability to become male in body doesn't feel like a Voltaire thing to do. Jerry would have done it, but I doubt Zeus has the power yet, as would Helena and Demetrius. Hanma might since giving someone the ability to swap sexes is something that's been done in anime but we haven't seen her in canon beyond her attendance at Voltaire's announcement, it would be an excuse to give her some more story appearances if it was revealed that she's been interacting with the cast in some way. Pandora is the most likely choice if Sam was marked before her reset, especially if it was done prior to her realizing that magic could change, since she had it in her head that giving a trans person the ability to change into their desired body type was something that Tedd wouldn't forgive her for if she didn't do it.

Question now is, how much is Grace going to tell Sam, will she mention Tedd having been marked as well, that would probably be good in terms of letting Sam know that there's someone else who has something in common with him, would also segue into letting Sam know that Sarah would be quite understanding of Sam's situation for the fact that she know's Tedd's situation. Grace doesn't have to tell Same everything about Tedd. But they could meet again and talk about it.

Magic, in Moperville, is a not-so-well kept secret.  But there are still a lot of details that are not common knowledge.

Grace has revealed to Sam that she knows about Magic.

Sam needs to figure out if Grace really does have information he needs to know, or if she is full of Cyprinus carpio.

8 hours ago, Scotty said:
17 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

How much of this did Gordon overhear?

Probably none. If Dan hasn't bothered showing us what Gordon looks like, it's probably unlikely he'll be more that just an extra voice to let us know someone isn't alone.

Yeah, it's still very good idea to NOT talk in entrance to the shop.

Anyway, no freakout from Sam, that's good

Actually, it seems he's not freaking out BECAUSE Grace mentioned magic marks.

... is it possible he was avoiding Grace because after the experience with teaching her about transgender people he didn't wanted to teach her about magic marks?

Or is it just because getting more information about magic marks is more important than freaking out?

If Sam was a witness and saw the Immortals, his " I don't think..." could mean that he did have contact with the Immortal that marked him and they didn't appear to look like Voltaire, Helena or Demetrius, but that doesn't mean much if Voltaire could appear in any form. To be honest, I don't see how marking Sam would fit Voltaire's MO since Voltaire appeared to desire toys to play with,  giving Sam the ability to become male in body doesn't feel like a Voltaire thing to do. Jerry would have done it, but I doubt Zeus has the power yet, as would Helena and Demetrius. Hanma might since giving someone the ability to swap sexes is something that's been done in anime but we haven't seen her in canon beyond her attendance at Voltaire's announcement, it would be an excuse to give her some more story appearances if it was revealed that she's been interacting with the cast in some way. Pandora is the most likely choice if Sam was marked before her reset, especially if it was done prior to her realizing that magic could change, since she had it in her head that giving a trans person the ability to change into their desired body type was something that Tedd wouldn't forgive her for if she didn't do it.

Also, if Pandora marked him without his knowledge (which would be how she would mark him) the "I don't think" would be good answer.

Note that I think Helena and Demetrius might already have power to mark someone. Not sure if they know how, however.

Question now is, how much is Grace going to tell Sam, will she mention Tedd having been marked as well, that would probably be good in terms of letting Sam know that there's someone else who has something in common with him, would also segue into letting Sam know that Sarah would be quite understanding of Sam's situation for the fact that she know's Tedd's situation. Grace doesn't have to tell Same everything about Tedd. But they could meet again and talk about it.

She started with telling him SHE has magic abilities, instead of saying she knows someone who is marked ... so I wonder if she plans to keep the fact she knows more magic users than mundane people secret.

IF she should tell him about someone being marked, it would be most logical to tell him SARAH is marked and that he can talk with her about magic marks. Although it's true that Tedd being marked with similar spell is second most logical thing to say. Possibly without NAMING Tedd - just mentioning that she knows someone with mark for changing genders.

4 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Sam needs to figure out if Grace really does have information he needs to know

... WHAT information he needs to know?

Like, he knows how to use his mark. Luke's friend is interested in WHY he was marked, but Sam doesn't seem to care about that. The information he will later awaken and get more spells would be useful to him, but he doesn't KNOW that.

He may ask about details about the spell, but the answer that spells varies a lot would be credible ... and useless. Tedd could tell him everything about his spell, but Grace REALLY shouldn't mention that.

Just now, hkmaly said:

IF she should tell him about someone being marked, it would be most logical to tell him SARAH is marked and that he can talk with her about magic marks. Although it's true that Tedd being marked with similar spell is second most logical thing to say. Possibly without NAMING Tedd - just mentioning that she knows someone with mark for changing genders.

If Grace intends on having Sam and Tedd talk about this, she'd probably want to at least assure Sam that Tedd would be trustworthy as well, I mean, Sam's seen Sarah and Tedd interacting as well, if he knows that Sarah is good friends with both Grace and Tedd and Grace just admited to having magic abilities and knowing about magic marks and Immortals, Sam would have reason to suspect that Tedd and Sarah might also know these things, so even if Grace doesn't say anything about them, it might it easier for Sam to tell Sarah at least. Though Grace might mention Sarah anyway just for "it's ok to tell her you're trans" bit that Grace originally wanted to tell Sam.

31 minutes ago, Scotty said:

If Grace intends on having Sam and Tedd talk about this, she'd probably want to at least assure Sam that Tedd would be trustworthy as well, I mean, Sam's seen Sarah and Tedd interacting as well, if he knows that Sarah is good friends with both Grace and Tedd and Grace just admited to having magic abilities and knowing about magic marks and Immortals, Sam would have reason to suspect that Tedd and Sarah might also know these things, so even if Grace doesn't say anything about them, it might it easier for Sam to tell Sarah at least. Though Grace might mention Sarah anyway just for "it's ok to tell her you're trans" bit that Grace originally wanted to tell Sam.

I don't think he was paying attention when Grace, Sarah and Tedd talked a lot and were otherwise proving to be close. Sure, he likely noticed they know each other, but not necessarily how good friends they are. And magic is supposed to be secret. It's plausible even good friends don't share such secret. I mean, obviously, not true in this case but plausible. Remember that Rhoda keeps her magic secret from Diane and Lucy, and they would look like good friends.

Aaand, why should Grace intend on having Sam and Tedd talk about this?

Just now, hkmaly said:

Mainly because they kinda have stuff in common, Tedd's genderfluid and has been shown to be struggling with discussing it with his dad, Sam's trans and may also be having such struggle. The were also marked with similar spells for probably the same reason and quite possibly by the same Immortal. Grace doesn't have to bring Sam home with her or tell him about the TFG, but Tedd and Sam talking could be provide more support for each other.

56 minutes ago, Scotty said:
1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

Mainly because they kinda have stuff in common, Tedd's genderfluid and has been shown to be struggling with discussing it with his dad, Sam's trans and may also be having such struggle. The were also marked with similar spells for probably the same reason and quite possibly by the same Immortal. Grace doesn't have to bring Sam home with her or tell him about the TFG, but Tedd and Sam talking could be provide more support for each other.

.... I was thinking about magic. I didn't realized how useful for them would be to talk about problems their families have with their gender.

Although, they may be at different positions. Sam presumably didn't shown his family his male form. Tedd is showing as female in front of his father all the time.

1. Grace has told Sam that she knows about magic marks, and that she (somehow) got powers without needing a magic mark. If Sam thinks about things a minute, he'll know that Grace knows someone who has or had a mark. Either that, or she's had some conversations with Immortals.

2 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Although it's true that Tedd being marked with similar spell is second most logical thing to say.

Similar to what? There has been no comment on what power Sam has.

1 hour ago, Don Edwards said:

1. Grace has told Sam that she knows about magic marks, and that she (somehow) got powers without needing a magic mark. If Sam thinks about things a minute, he'll know that Grace knows someone who has or had a mark. Either that, or she's had some conversations with Immortals.

She may not need to know them personally. She only needs to know ABOUT someone who has or had magic mark.

1 hour ago, Don Edwards said:
4 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Although it's true that Tedd being marked with similar spell is second most logical thing to say.

Similar to what? There has been no comment on what power Sam has.

True. It's totally unknown what power Sam has. The fact that he is man now while being physically woman before is unlikely to have anything to do with his mark spell. /sarcasm. :)

Just now, hkmaly said:

Although, they may be at different positions. Sam presumably didn't shown his family his male form. Tedd is showing as female in front of his father all the time.

Yeah I don't think Tedd would suggest that Sam start walking around at home while transformed, that a luxury Tedd has from Edward being in a the know about all this, as well as having given Tedd the TFG to begin with.

Just now, Don Edwards said:

She told Sam she was born with magic abilities, that there is enough for Sam to know that people don't always need magic marks to do magic. And Grace knowing these things are probably enough to make Sam wonder just how many people have been marked or born with it.

16 hours ago, Scotty said:
On 1/15/2019 at 2:55 AM, hkmaly said:

Yeah I don't think Tedd would suggest that Sam start walking around at home while transformed, that a luxury Tedd has from Edward being in a the know about all this, as well as having given Tedd the TFG to begin with.

You mean being present when William and Gillian lended Tedd the cosmetic morphing device which he later rebuild into TFG.

16 hours ago, Scotty said:

She told Sam she was born with magic abilities, that there is enough for Sam to know that people don't always need magic marks to do magic. And Grace knowing these things are probably enough to make Sam wonder just how many people have been marked or born with it.

... hopefully Grace won't answer this ... "well, there is this very rare kind of wizard and there is about thousand of them ... of course, wizards in general are rare kind of magic user ... also, more than half of people I know are magic users".

Just now, hkmaly said:

You mean being present when William and Gillian lended Tedd the cosmetic morphing device which he later rebuild into TFG.

Edward outright gave Tedd permission to work on fulfilling Willian and Gillian's request, and I don't think he actually modified the device itself, the TFG he's using now is likely still to spec and considering how William described it and the reason for it being illegal to sell on the home planet, it likely doesn't need modifications, beyond programming various parameters for forms.

5 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

... hopefully Grace won't answer this ... "well, there is this very rare kind of wizard and there is about thousand of them ... of course, wizards in general are rare kind of magic user ... also, more than half of people I know are magic users".

She could go the route Justin took with Luke or that Elliot tried to do with Ashley, though that hasn't stopped Luke from being curious about Grace, but that's only because he saw that she had power, and could easily look to see if any of Justin's friends have power too, Tedd's lucky that Luke hasn't connected the flash with him. And Ashley was pretty much thrown into knowing more than she asked for.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:
1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

Edward outright gave Tedd permission to work on fulfilling Willian and Gillian's request, and I don't think he actually modified the device itself, the TFG he's using now is likely still to spec and considering how William described it and the reason for it being illegal to sell on the home planet, it likely doesn't need modifications, beyond programming various parameters for forms.

He gave him permission, yes. But the CMD was not his to give.

And if you actually LOOK at the CMD, you will see that it looks differently when William was showing it in flat suitcase than the TF gun earlier OR later. While the description suggest it didn't actually needed any HW modifications (not counting fixing when Tedd broke it) and based on how much things Tedd left in original settings he may not actually have tools to do much with it (like, he's unlikely to be able to create his own microchip), I suspect Tedd modified the case to look more like gun so it was easier to aim it.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

Tedd's lucky that Luke hasn't connected the flash with him

I'm pretty sure he did.

Just now, hkmaly said:

He had control over whether or not Tedd could work on it, he could have told William and Gillian no, either as a parent because Tedd was a minor, or as an FBI agent. There would be problems if they went against Edward's authority. I think it says a lot that Edward expected Tedd to misuse the TFG, yet it was outweighed by the hope that it would bring Tedd out of the depression he'd been in since his mother left.

11 hours ago, Scotty said:
17 hours ago, hkmaly said:

He had control over whether or not Tedd could work on it, he could have told William and Gillian no, either as a parent because Tedd was a minor, or as an FBI agent. There would be problems if they went against Edward's authority. I think it says a lot that Edward expected Tedd to misuse the TFG, yet it was outweighed by the hope that it would bring Tedd out of the depression he'd been in since his mother left.

That's true, but it's not in conflict with what I was saying.

As a parent, he allowed Tedd to work on it, and as a DGB agent, he allowed William and Gillian to lend him the CMD. But saying he gave Tedd CMD would mean he confiscated it and gave to Tedd, which is NOT what happened ... although he probably COULD do it that way ...