• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Tom Sewell

Star Wars, Star Trek, etc. in EGS

I was reading through The Secret of Sam for the umpteenth time and I came again to Grace and Sarah talking about how much Justin and Sam like talking about how bad the Star Wars prequels were. And that got me to thinking: Is that a clue that EGS is taking place before Episode VII was released? Or is this a perhaps happier alternate universe where Episode VII and (especially) Episode VIII were never made?And perhaps not Star Trek Discovery, which didn't even rate a mention in the NPs?

Since EGS is a long-running comic that doesn't advance too far ahead in time, I can understand why too many references to pop culture might be wisely  avoided, but I wish they weren't entirely ignored sometimes. 

Dan has stated that if he were to set a year for the comic it'd have to be sometime after the 2009 reboot of Star Trek but before Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015). Justin has mentioned Abrams Trek in canon but since there hasn't been mention of the new Star Wars movies, it seem that it currently being 2014 in comic is logical especially considering the calendar also matches up with 2002-03. This gives Dan almost 2 years of comic time before the new Star Wars becomes relevant and even with a 6 month time skip it's taken 17 years to get to this point.