• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Stature

Story Friday January 18, 2019

This is definitely at the point where Grace needs to decide whether to tell Sam about Tedd and Sarah, or make up some more half-truths that leaves them out.

It'd be nice if Grace just said "lets continue this back at my place" and give Sarah and Tedd a quick heads up to make sure to be there so that they could all be present to tell Sam.

3 hours ago, Scotty said:

This is definitely at the point where Grace needs to decide whether to tell Sam about Tedd and Sarah, or make up some more half-truths that leaves them out.

I'm wondering if Sam knows Grace is Tedd's girlfriend? I kind of doubt it because Sam has only seen Tedd once (that we know of) and Sam didn't  notice that Tedd changed genders if he's the one who sent that message to Elliot. Sarah could have mentioned Grace is Tedd's girlfriend on their not-date or over the web or even over the phone (although the phone and the web are getting harder and harder to tell from each other.)

Grace probably will want to tell Tedd and Sarah that she's told Sam and why, so a get-together for the quartet sounds like a pretty good idea, possibly after Grace tells Sam something like "I really shouldn't tell you anything else about this until I talk to a couple of people."

1 hour ago, Tom Sewell said:

I'm wondering if Sam knows Grace is Tedd's girlfriend? I kind of doubt it because Sam has only seen Tedd once (that we know of) and Sam didn't  notice that Tedd changed genders if he's the one who sent that message to Elliot. Sarah could have mentioned Grace is Tedd's girlfriend on their not-date or over the web or even over the phone (although the phone and the web are getting harder and harder to tell from each other.)

We've had 3 people attending the card tournament witness Grace kissing Tedd. So the question would be did Sam see that as well?

Hmmmm ... ok, I'm not as sure as Grace that the mark position means it must've been done same morning ... but I still consider it most likely due to him not using the spell before.

Also, yes, Grace, you should work on your poker face.

11 hours ago, Scotty said:

It'd be nice if Grace just said "lets continue this back at my place" and give Sarah and Tedd a quick heads up to make sure to be there so that they could all be present to tell Sam.

Uuuuuh ... ok, he doesn't have reason to freakout now, but still ... I think it would be better if she said something like "if you want to know more, we should discuss this in group", giving him obvious opt-out if he doesn't want to follow her home.

6 hours ago, Scotty said:
7 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

We've had 3 people attending the card tournament witness Grace kissing Tedd. So the question would be did Sam see that as well?

Definitely good question.

However, I would be inclined to "yes". I mean, with Grace and Sarah talking with Tedd all the time, there is likely reason he doesn't suspect SARAH to be Tedd's girlfriend.

So the kiss ... or maybe he noticed how Tedd and Grace went to back room to make out? I mean we know they didn't, but I think that's how it looked.

Does Sam even think Tedd is a girl or a boy at this point? Sam told Tedd he might want to keep "Tess" in mind at the end of their round at the card tournament, so Sam thought Tedd might be a girl even if he had a masculine name,  and Sam just might have picked up that Larry and Rich thought Tedd was a girl. Sam might have also thought that Tedd might be a girl in a boy's body.

Going out on a limb, Sam could have been attracted to Tedd. Sam has probably had a lot of practice now being attracted to people but being careful not to get into any real dating situation. I'm guessing Sam is attracted to girls, but this being EGS, I'm not ruling out some attraction to boys, too, even boys who are not Noah.

22 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Uuuuuh ... ok, he doesn't have reason to freakout now, but still ... I think it would be better if she said something like "if you want to know more, we should discuss this in group", giving him obvious opt-out if he doesn't want to follow her home.

I think he might be more nervous if Grace was vague about who would be in the group, unless of course Sam does conclude that Grace would be talking about at least Sarah.

I think Sam knowing that Sarah and Tedd are in the know as well might be more comforting, since Sarah is someone he's already gotten to know a bit and does seem to like.

Considering Ashley as an example, if Sam and Sarah are going to have a serious relationship, Sam's gonna have to be told things. He might not take finding out the way Ashley did as well as Ashley did.

Just now, Tom Sewell said:

Does Sam even think Tedd is a girl or a boy at this point? Sam told Tedd he might want to keep "Tess" in mind at the end of their round at the card tournament, so Sam thought Tedd might be a girl even if he had a masculine name,  and Sam just might have picked up that Larry and Rich thought Tedd was a girl. Sam might have also thought that Tedd might be a girl in a boy's body.

Grace certainly thought that Sam was thinking Tedd was trans female, though Grace could also be assuming that based on her knowing that Sam is trans male, but I think it's likely the former.

Just now, Tom Sewell said:

Going out on a limb, Sam could have been attracted to Tedd. Sam has probably had a lot of practice now being attracted to people but being careful not to get into any real dating situation. I'm guessing Sam is attracted to girls, but this being EGS, I'm not ruling out some attraction to boys, too, even boys who are not Noah.

Sam hasn't shown any real attraction to anyone, we don't really know if he hopes a relationship could develop between him and Sarah like Sarah does. How he was once he left the comic shop after agreeing to see Sarah again does suggest that he would but is worried about how Sarah would react if she learned he was trans.

2 minutes ago, Scotty said:

How he was once he left the comic shop after agreeing to see Sarah again does suggest that he would but is worried about how Sarah would react if she learned he was trans.

My very first reaction on seeing that comic was that Sam was really worried about hurting Sarah's feelings. That kind of concern for someone you just met pretty much defines love at first sight, at least for me.

6 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

To be fair, he wouldn't be more wrong than if he would assume Tedd is boy. Or more right.

He would be definitely wrong if he would assume Tedd is attracted to boys, though.

12 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Going out on a limb, Sam could have been attracted to Tedd. Sam has probably had a lot of practice now being attracted to people but being careful not to get into any real dating situation.

... he DID get into real dating situation with Sarah ...

2 minutes ago, Scotty said:
1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

I think he might be more nervous if Grace was vague about who would be in the group, unless of course Sam does conclude that Grace would be talking about at least Sarah.

Doesn't change the fact that "lets continue this back at my place"  can be mistaken either for her hitting on him OR trying to imprison him. Following someone to their home doesn't sound safe.