• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
ChronosCat

Story, Friday Jan 25, 2019

Yeah, that definitely isn't something Sam needed to know ... on the other hand, she managed to mostly refer to what was already in news. He now knows the name, but, like, nothing more useful.

And, if Sam would pay more attention to what Grace was saying, he could realize something happened to Pandora even without this info.

... also, he is lucky Sarah knows Grace so well she wouldn't be jealous even if she saw this.

(And Dan, yes, that's how Game Masters feel. Except most players are much harder to railroad than Grace.)

1 hour ago, ChronosCat said:

...Actually Grace, I'm pretty sure Pandora didn't make the stars (or become the stars, or anything like that).

Not THAT high in sky. These lights. Yeah, "all those lights" is little inaccurate.

4 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Not THAT high in sky. These lights. Yeah, "all those lights" is little inaccurate.

Well, Grace did mention the monster attack at the mall 2 Friday's ago, Sam would have likely heard about that later like Sarah did,

4 hours ago, hkmaly said:

... also, he is lucky Sarah knows Grace so well she wouldn't be jealous even if she saw this.

That really depends on if Sam being transformed during their Sunday movie made him more willing to hug Sarah.

Consider how Grace reacted to WWII.  And remember the fact that she and her siblings were raised as "Monsters"

Sure, Pandora was the eccentric aunt to all her friends. But I wonder if some of her reaction is due to her feelings towards the aberrations?

I would not find it surprising for Grace to feel some sort of empathy towards beings who would not or could not feel anything for her.

14 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Ooohhh, those lights! And here I thought we were about to have a re-enactment of that scene in the Lion King where Timone, Pumba, and Simba argue about what stars are. :)

9 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Sure, Pandora was the eccentric aunt to all her friends.

"All her friends" means Sarah?

9 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

But I wonder if some of her reaction is due to her feelings towards the aberrations?

Not just aberrations. Grace is lucky Pandora doesn't consider her monster. ... Ellen is lucky Pandora doesn't consider her monster like Abraham did.

The lights were every other Immortal on Earth forced to cast Pandora's final spell. I guess that should have included Voltaire.

So, what next? Well, that last panel could provide some awkwardness if there are any witnesses. Heck, if anyone overheard the conversation.

I'm guessing there will be some kind of complication soon because the last panel seems like a natural way to end this arc. But Dan didn't end it, or at least didn't tell us this was the end. 

19 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

I think Tedd (though Tedd would say Godmother), Rhoda and Catalina(though Grace hasn't followed through with checking whether Rhoda and Catalina had been marked yet) probably count too since they've already concluded that Rhoda must have been marked.

19 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Not just aberrations. Grace is lucky Pandora doesn't consider her monster. ... Ellen is lucky Pandora doesn't consider her monster like Abraham did.

Pandora considers Grace to be good for Tedd, and Pandora is just as much responsible for Ellen's creation as Magus is, she's also responsible for Ellen still being alive.

35 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

The lights were every other Immortal on Earth forced to cast Pandora's final spell. I guess that should have included Voltaire.

Hmmmm ... true. He probably didn't enjoyed that.

35 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

So, what next? Well, that last panel could provide some awkwardness if there are any witnesses. Heck, if anyone overheard the conversation.

I don't think they were THAT careless.

36 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

I'm guessing there will be some kind of complication soon because the last panel seems like a natural way to end this arc. But Dan didn't end it, or at least didn't tell us this was the end. 

Dan USUALLY doesn't end the arcs visibly. Also, could be just scene change. Maybe we will see Sarah?

38 minutes ago, Scotty said:
58 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

I think Tedd (though Tedd would say Godmother), Rhoda and Catalina(though Grace hasn't followed through with checking whether Rhoda and Catalina had been marked yet) probably count too since they've already concluded that Rhoda must have been marked.

I didn't counted Tedd because Tedd is not friend, he's family - not in biological sense but Pandora thinks about him that way.

Catalina? Someone with name-based affinity? Who Pandora spoke about as "your cat"?

... ok, maybe Rhoda.

40 minutes ago, Scotty said:
59 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Pandora considers Grace to be good for Tedd, and Pandora is just as much responsible for Ellen's creation as Magus is, she's also responsible for Ellen still being alive.

Yes. Definitely lucky :)

I was just commenting that when Pandora classifies someone as monster, they don't end well. They just end.

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:
10 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Sure, Pandora was the eccentric aunt to all her friends.

And Tedd. 

18 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Dan USUALLY doesn't end the arcs visibly. Also, could be just scene change. Maybe we will see Sarah?

The way I remember it, he's ended almost all the main-comic stories (and occasionally NP stories as well) for a number of years with "[story title] - The End".

Of course, he also likes to do epilogues. This could be the end of the climax of "The Secret of Sam", with the rest of the story devoted to wrapping things up and setting up future plot threads.

2 hours ago, ChronosCat said:
21 hours ago, hkmaly said:

The way I remember it, he's ended almost all the main-comic stories (and occasionally NP stories as well) for a number of years with "[story title] - The End".

He ended Legend of Diane. But before that? Part 25 - Changes ... Part 24 - Elliots and Ellens ... Part 22 - Apocalypse ... Part 2 - The Will of Magic ... So a date - Part 4 ... even Squirrel Prophet is not "really" end ...

Yes, I know. There is "end" on Duel of the Discs for example. But there will be no "end" if the next part is considered, well, next part and not different story. It may not even need to be named "The Secrets of Sam Part 2", but probably would be because there is no "Part" in "The Secrets of Sam".

(Although note that I still consider more likely there will be just scene change.)

2 hours ago, hkmaly said:

But there will be no "end" if the next part is considered, well, next part and not different story.

Well, yes. I was only referring to the end of stories, not the end of story chapters.