• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
hkmaly

NP Friday, Jan 25, 2019

http://egscomics.com/egsnp/nanasecraft-41

I was saying they didn't found the settings yet. Now, will they check other settings or will they risk pushing incorrect side next time as well?

Hmmm .... so they know how to find the labels. Might be fun if they would find next symbols and neither the symbols neither what was in front of Nanase would tell them what the transformation actually does before trying it ...

48 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

I was saying they didn't found the settings yet. Now, will they check other settings or will they risk pushing incorrect side next time as well?

Hmmm .... so they know how to find the labels. Might be fun if they would find next symbols and neither the symbols neither what was in front of Nanase would tell them what the transformation actually does before trying it ...

If the symbols for each setting is on the doorway, it's just a matter of Nanase reading them off and Sarah finding them, so there isn't any guesswork to be done there, and they've now figured out which side belongs to who, it'll be "set dial, tip scales one way or the other. Still doesn't seem like it's going to be challenging so far.

Maybe if there was a timed element to it, like they have 30 seconds to set the dial, tip the scales, and get through the doorway. Have one of the rooms be like a platformer where they have to use several forms to get to the doorway, and if they don't do it within the time allowed, Nanase gets sent back to the beginning.

16 minutes ago, Scotty said:
1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

If the symbols for each setting is on the doorway, it's just a matter of Nanase reading them off and Sarah finding them, so there isn't any guesswork to be done there, and they've now figured out which side belongs to who, it'll be "set dial, tip scales one way or the other. Still doesn't seem like it's going to be challenging so far.

As I said: it may not be immediately obvious how the transformation helps you to continue. Also, it may become hard for Sarah to operate the scales.

17 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Maybe if there was a timed element to it, like they have 30 seconds to set the dial, tip the scales, and get through the doorway. Have one of the rooms be like a platformer where they have to use several forms to get to the doorway, and if they don't do it within the time allowed, Nanase gets sent back to the beginning.

... hmmm, yes, that could also make it hard. But note that the previous challenges weren't time-based. And, actually, weren't that hard to do. It's not about being challenge. It's about teamwork and trust.

Times Sarah got the short end [unluckily]: 2.

7 hours ago, mlooney said:

Meh.   At this point they can't really do any worse.

Size-wise, maybe not, even with reversing the sizes. The pedestal, maybe.

"And life was never worse but never better, eh eh"

17 hours ago, Scotty said:

Well, I don't know if this was planned by the creators of the Crypt (it might just be how they write), but it's not written in English or apparently any language Sarah and Nanase are both familiar with. There's thus the chance of a miss-communication leading to Sarah selecting the wrong setting on the dial...

Just now, ChronosCat said:

Well, I don't know if this was planned by the creators of the Crypt (it might just be how they write), but it's not written in English or apparently any language Sarah and Nanase are both familiar with. There's thus the chance of a miss-communication leading to Sarah selecting the wrong setting on the dial...

I think the only way of miss-communicating is if Nanase doesn't describe the symbols explicitly, like if she saw a symbol of a horizontal line but just says "a line", Sarah might set it to one that has a vertical line instead. But I think Nanase knows better than that given her description of this one.

At least she didn't have to describe Rhoda's mark. ;)