• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Stature

Story Friday February 8, 2019

If panel 2 isn't confirmation that Grace is poly...

Sam not wanting to tell Sarah even though Grace just suggested that Sarah would take it well, I think fits his earlier mention of not wanting people to judge him or treat him differently. If Sam's planning on staying transformed he probably wants to believe that the subject of him being trans should never be an issue. In Sarah's case, Sam is technically the opposite of Elliot, in that while Elliot's needing to transform into a female was something of an annoyance to her, Sam's started with a female body and transformed to a male body and the only way that would cause any problems is if Sam happens to awaken improperly and energy buildups cause his spell to shift him back and forth for a while, but the likelihood of that is probably very low.

I dunno, I think telling Sarah is still the best course of action if he wants to pursue a relationship, so that there aren't any surprises, and Sam could find out exactly the type of person Sarah is.

I'm willing to guess that Sam would eventually reach the decision to tell Sarah.

Eventually.

Even without Grace's interference.

This just accelerated the pace.

Sam now likes Grace, and knows that Grace cares for Sarah. 
If he asks Grace to keep secrets from Sarah, that will hurt Grace.
If he acts like he's putting off telling Sarah something she should know, that will make Grace angry.

And Grace, forget the bean bags.
The effect may not be so bad to a natural shapeshifter like yourself.
But for your fully human friends and slumber companions?  They will be looking at every kind of back problem if they try to keep up that habit past adolescence.

On 2/8/2019 at 0:39 PM, Scotty said:

If Sam's planning on staying transformed he probably wants to believe that the subject of him being trans should never be an issue. In Sarah's case, Sam is technically the opposite of Elliot, in that while Elliot's needing to transform into a female was something of an annoyance to her, Sam's started with a female body and transformed to a male body and the only way that would cause any problems is if Sam happens to awaken improperly and energy buildups cause his spell to shift him back and forth for a while, but the likelihood of that is probably very low.

I would expect he doesn't have enough power to stay transformed all the time yet, on the other hand, it's apparently easy and he wants the transformation to continue, so maybe ... (that's assuming it's temporary transformation, not permanent like Tedd's).

If he awakens from using his spell a lot, it will probably be proper awakening, yes. In fact, I would assume being marked greatly reduces chance for improper awakening because you start training casting and not-casting spells in advance.

On 2/8/2019 at 2:02 PM, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

And Grace, forget the bean bags.
The effect may not be so bad to a natural shapeshifter like yourself.
But for your fully human friends and slumber companions?  They will be looking at every kind of back problem if they try to keep up that habit past adolescence.

Actually, they will be looking at every kind of back problem after adolescence even if they stop before that.

It's not that adolescent are immune to back problems. It's just they only start FEELING those problems some years later.

So, unless Tedd will be able to develop a medical use of TF gun, they better skip the bean bag. I'm not sure GRACE will be completely immune to back problems, in fact.

(On the other hand, how hard it could be? There is already spine reinforcement component in FV5 form ...)

17 hours ago, hkmaly said:

So, unless Tedd will be able to develop a medical use of TF gun, they better skip the bean bag. I'm not sure GRACE will be completely immune to back problems, in fact.

(On the other hand, how hard it could be? There is already spine reinforcement component in FV5 form ...)

Maybe Grace's spine is based on that of the Hero Shrew like Florence Ambrose?

http://freefall.purrsia.com/ff3200/fc03143.htm

fc03143.png

9 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:
On 2/11/2019 at 8:56 PM, hkmaly said:

Maybe Grace's spine is based on that of the Hero Shrew like Florence Ambrose?

Probably not. Yet. She CAN get new forms and mix them with her other forms, so it's just question of someone showing it to her and Tedd programming the form ...