• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Stature

Story Monday February 11, 2019

Mano-a-mano means "hand-to-hand", not "man-to-man". It comes from the Latin "manus", meaning "hand", from which we get the word "manual" meaning "by hand".

It can be a real recipe for heartbreak if a relationship goes on for long with one side wanting romance and the other not. If you are going to friend-zone somebody, then it's best to do so before they have their heart set on capturing yours. The three times that I can recall being in such a situation myself (as the one wanting romance while the other did not), I ended up in a suicidal bout of depression each time.

1 hour ago, Tom Sewell said:

When Elliot made a date with Ashley about two weeks after breaking up with Sarah, Grace thought it was too soon.  So how does Grace really feel about Sarah dating after a little more than two weeks later?

I think at the time she saw Sarah and Sam talking, she was thinking that it was too soon for Elliot to be dating again, I don't think Grace mentioned whether her relationship senses jiggled for Sarah and Sam, but they might have been clouded by both Sam's secret and her wanting Sarah to have a chance to find someone after Elliot already did.

Grace may not have intended to tell Sam to "Come Out" to Sarah.
But there certainly is a lot of room for Sam to think that is what Grace meant.

Anyhow, at this point talking About Sarah will be far less useful to Sam than talking With Sarah.

And Sam, you will still need to meet the parents.  (For that matter, We still need to meet Sarah's parents.)
Grace isn't even a relative.  Just a friend who can fly, shapeshift, disarm muggers, talk to animals, and is known to have destroyed various flaming beings.

11 hours ago, ijuin said:

It can be a real recipe for heartbreak if a relationship goes on for long with one side wanting romance and the other not. If you are going to friend-zone somebody, then it's best to do so before they have their heart set on capturing yours.

Of course, often people go directly from "not being sure if I want relationship" to "I want romance with this person why they are so slow". There may not be any ideal time to tell. In fact, he's not sure himself what he wants yet.

Doesn't change the fact he should definitely tell this to Sarah because she IS sure already and more delay will only make it worse.

6 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

And Sam, you will still need to meet the parents.  (For that matter, We still need to meet Sarah's parents.)

Didn't we saw her father? ... wait, no. We HEARD her father.

6 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Grace isn't even a relative.  Just a friend who can fly, shapeshift, disarm muggers, talk to animals, and is known to have destroyed various flaming beings.

None of things you mentioned should be relevant to Sam's relationship. Although it's definitely cool. Not as cool as Nanase, maybe ...

Just now, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Grace may not have intended to tell Sam to "Come Out" to Sarah.
But there certainly is a lot of room for Sam to think that is what Grace meant.

Well Grace's original intention for talking to Sam was to say that he should be open with Sarah about being trans, Friday's page pretty much covered that bit with Sam asking about it instead of Grace bringing it up first, so for today's page Sam's already stated that he doesn't want to have to come out to anyone so I think Grace understands that. Her suggestion in the last panel reads more like "You don't have to tell her you're trans or have a magic mark, but at least tell her how you feel about the idea of dating."

Just now, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

(For that matter, We still need to meet Sarah's parents.)

Just now, hkmaly said:

Didn't we saw her father? ... wait, no. We HEARD her father.

We have met her dad.

Just now, hkmaly said:
On 2/6/2019 at 8:36 AM, Scotty said:

Sam's blushing in panel 2 could be trouble for Sarah. If Sam hasn't committed to a relationship with Sarah... yeah they've only gone out twice so far and only on the pretext of getting to know each other better, but so far we only know that Sarah's got hopes for it to become more. Sam, on the other hand, has probably been cautiously optimistic that Sarah could be a friend to hang out with and isn't sure that a relationship is possible because he's afraid that telling her that he's trans might ruin the chances of even being just friends. Meanwhile Grace has proven to be insightful by noticing these things about Sam, but also trustworthy in that she hasn't told anyone in the months since she learned about it, and she pretty much perfectly fits the type of person that Sam just said he wished everyone could be, well aside from their first meeting but he doesn't seem to fault her for not knowing, but she never judged him for it or treated him differently.

Anyway, this might mean that Sam doesn't know that Grace and Tedd are together, and I can't fault anyone for developing feelings for Grace because she's a great person, but it would absolutely wreck Grace if it ruins things between Sarah and Sam.

I don't think THIS will ruin it ...

Today's page basically cancels my concern, if he's not sure he's ready to date, it's unlikely he's preparing to ask Grace out.

6 minutes ago, Scotty said:
7 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Right. He's also on next page. It's Ashley's parent who was just heard. (I would guess mom.)

We see most of... I'm pretty certain...her father.

... while technically true, we saw more from Noriko than from him.

... but yes, I should probably reread EGS soon, I'm starting to forget :)

I remember hearing about a study that seemed to show that on average women with large bosoms did  have higher IQ scores. I think it was on Wait Wait Don't Tell Me. But today I actually Binged it (I'm running Edge since a bug ruined my Chrome last month) and I kind of suspect Hachi's idea came from here. 

While I doubt Pamela Anderson's IQ is up there with Einstein's or Hawking's, there was a woman with naturally large mammary glands who was a genius: Jayne Mansfield. Her daughter Mariska Hargitay doesn't seem to be light on smarts.

And I now realize I've posted on the wrong webcomic site. This was for I Dream of a Jeanie Bottle.

Edited by Tom Sewell
Posted on the wrong dang site!

2 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

Poor Sarah's going to be wondering what's wrong with her, that all the guys she has the hots for or she thinks like-like her, are either gay or just want to be good friends.

And the answer is obvious: Blame Tedd! I mean, while working in Tedd's lab, she somehow picked field attracting non-heterosexuals. Seriously, number of gay people she met in that story was suspicious.